Dota 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
ronnoc Apr 28, 2013 @ 5:42am
The New "Stricter" Report System Is Stupid - Paternalism At Its Worst
What is the point of even having a report system if it's not even looked at by the people supposedly running the show? Consider the following:

You join a public match. 2-4 of your teamates troll and ruin the match, an hour of your time wasted. The entire time they are talking crap, calling you a noob, while they are feeding and destroying any chance at the fun you were looking for when you booted Dota 2 up in the first place. Being a human being you let your emotions take control of you and you talk crap back to them. Maybe you weren't even talking crap, maybe you're just telling them what they are doing wrong in the hopes that you can somehow reason with them.

But then they report you, and you now have a 24-48hr etc ban on your ability to communicate in any way for that time span in future games.

Even if they are the ones who ruined a huge chunk of your time. Acted like total jerks, and just generally caused a senseless nothingness to happen, for an EXTREMELY greater amount of time you are now unable to enjoy the game. Just because more of them reported you, you get screwed over, even if they are the ones doing wrong.

So now trolls and other undesireables can destroy your ability to enjoy a game you love simply because more of them are against you. Generally anyone who would agree with you just stays silent because they don't want to get reported themselves. You're essentially held hostage by a pathetic system of censorship and unwanted paternalism that is abused by the very people it's supposed to thwart. They use it as a weapon against rational people and they get away with it.

I fell like this new "stricter" system is just valve's way of not dealing with it anymore. You might as well just remove the report system entirely instead of turning it into this stupid weapon for trolls. All you've accomplished with this new update is silence anyone wanting to have a straight game, and allowed the fatuous ones to thrive in their annoying ways to get a giggle out of regular players.

I have spent money on this game. It is absolute bullcrap that I can't enjoy it because of your broken system. I would rather the report system not even exist and just deal with people than have your unwanted censorship imposed on me when another idiot is trying to ruin my time.

It is irresponsible for a company of your caliber to try and solve a corrupt community in this way.
Last edited by ronnoc; Apr 28, 2013 @ 5:45am
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
ronnoc Apr 28, 2013 @ 6:55am 
Bump
Ernesto El Fumare Apr 28, 2013 @ 7:05am 
This needs to be seen, the moderators are just deleting every thread about this horrible and unjust banning system. Please give us some response, it's impossible to play this game when you can't communicate with your team ...
DotaReport.net Apr 28, 2013 @ 7:38am 
You can communicate. It's called the chat wheel. The new system is much better than the old. People used to have UNLIMITED reports, now there are limits.
Ernesto El Fumare Apr 28, 2013 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by DotaReport.net:
You can communicate. It's called the chat wheel. The new system is much better than the old. People used to have UNLIMITED reports, now there are limits.

No i'm sorry, but you're wrong, this new system is not good when innocent people get muted for 24, 48, 168 hours because their team played dirty.

And how do you call ganks, ss when you're out of lane, and a lot more with the chat wheel? :P
Last edited by Ernesto El Fumare; Apr 28, 2013 @ 7:41am
ronnoc Apr 28, 2013 @ 7:42am 
Originally posted by DotaReport.net:
You can communicate. It's called the chat wheel. The new system is much better than the old. People used to have UNLIMITED reports, now there are limits.

I know you know their are times when you need to give a little bit more detailed information.
ronnoc Apr 28, 2013 @ 12:24pm 
BUMP
Vladimir Vladimirovič Putin<3 Apr 28, 2013 @ 12:55pm 
Originally posted by Connor:
What is the point of even having a report system if it's not even looked at by the people supposedly running the show? Consider the following:

You join a public match. 2-4 of your teamates troll and ruin the match, an hour of your time wasted. The entire time they are talking crap, calling you a noob, while they are feeding and destroying any chance at the fun you were looking for when you booted Dota 2 up in the first place. Being a human being you let your emotions take control of you and you talk crap back to them. Maybe you weren't even talking crap, maybe you're just telling them what they are doing wrong in the hopes that you can somehow reason with them.

There I've stoped to read and I could imagine by my self what do you want to say and I couldn't agree more with this. The fact Valve is trying to make HARDCORE moba game but allows every ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥ to join the game just for their bigger income is pathetic. They should finaly decide to make a casual crap game where there will be full of scumbags and trolls like at LoL or they want to make a difficult game where the SKILL is at first and then maybe a mature chat. I don't like to bother with ♥♥♥♥tards for 40min who have no ♥♥♥♥ing clue what to build, how to last hit etc..
L3ros Apr 28, 2013 @ 12:56pm 
So you shouldn't have talked back at them, you got what you deserved for lowering yourself to their level. Report them, drop a line with the report explaining their behavior and move on.
The Noob Apr 28, 2013 @ 12:59pm 
I had experience with unfair reportings. Usualy people report just because they think u do not know how to play or that u do not play as they want. I think the biggest downfall of this game is the idiotic reporting system.
ronnoc Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:28am 
Originally posted by L3ros:
So you shouldn't have talked back at them, you got what you deserved for lowering yourself to their level. Report them, drop a line with the report explaining their behavior and move on.
Absolutely just, no. This is the excuse that allows the system to exist at all. The problem is that fools can report you even if you didn't do anything. You're doing that assuming thing where you think you know why something happened. So many people are getting reported for nothing other than some buttsore jerk who thinks that they are projecting his/her justice on you.

Valve just wants its audiance to babysit itself so their hat money doesn't run away because it got it's feelings hurt too often. Everyone who says they don't get angry over the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ noobs put out in this game are liars and should just stop trying to justify this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ system.
Last edited by ronnoc; Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:29am
Dangerous Dave Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:37am 
An online game on the internet doesn't need a censor, it defies it purpose. "Weak minded" people very sensitive should be able to join in a game and mute the player EASILY, instead of the other player getting banned because he was talking nonsense, these are still your players valve, this is not a privilegie for them.

This is a privilegie for you as a company. There are many other games out there that deserve to be played, maybe one day they will stop playing your games because of the nonsense and game hindering things you enforce.
Puck Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:40am 
Originally posted by DotaReport.net:
You can communicate. It's called the chat wheel. The new system is much better than the old. People used to have UNLIMITED reports, now there are limits.
i remember someone saying you cant use it. can you?(i have yet to get a chat ban so i dont know
Dangerous Dave Apr 29, 2013 @ 8:42am 
Originally posted by Puck:
Originally posted by DotaReport.net:
You can communicate. It's called the chat wheel. The new system is much better than the old. People used to have UNLIMITED reports, now there are limits.
i remember someone saying you cant use it. can you?(i have yet to get a chat ban so i dont know
And no, you can not even use the wheel, It is truly beyond ridiculous.
Meepo Apr 29, 2013 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by Waaper:
An online game on the internet doesn't need a censor, it defies it purpose. "Weak minded" people very sensitive should be able to join in a game and mute the player EASILY, instead of the other player getting banned because he was talking nonsense, these are still your players valve, this is not a privilegie for them.

This is a privilegie for you as a company. There are many other games out there that deserve to be played, maybe one day they will stop playing your games because of the nonsense and game hindering things you enforce.
Muting is a compromise, not a solution. Players who talk nonsense should get banned for talking nonsense, so that they either improve or leave. Yes, they are Valve's players, but they are still the minority that ruins the game for everyone else. Say, do rail companies allow random jerks to vandalise their trains? I mean, those jerks are still their customers and other passengers can just ignore the vandalism! Now you should see how flawed your thinking is.

Edit:

The only thing I definitely agree with is that the muted players should still be allowed to use the chat wheel and ping, but with an anti-spam feature.
Last edited by Meepo; Apr 29, 2013 @ 9:21am
no sound no chat Apr 29, 2013 @ 9:33am 
its a team game and its people fault to not have 4 friends to play with
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2013 @ 5:42am
Posts: 22