Dota 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Big Jolly DuneCoon Mar 8 @ 12:28pm
How did you raise your MMR?
It seems like every single game I go into my team feeds, quits, speaks spanish or won't cooperate. No matter how calm I am or understanding I can't seem to win more than 3 games in a row, and if I do immediately after I lose 3 games in a row. There is something seriously wrong with the matchmaking. The most frustrating part is that this game is supposed to be polished and finish. What is the point of a ranked system if nothing you do besides winning and losing changes your rank? If my team loses yet I still support, get assists, get the most hero damage etc... Why am I penalized? My skill level was not properly utilized because I'm surrounded by idiots yelling in spanish at eachother. Valve obviously doesn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about anything, but money. I really don't know what to do with this amazing game with a terrible community. At the very, very, VERY, least region lock would solve about 70% of all my problems with the game, but we know that will never happen because Valve doesn't listen to it's users. Unless of course we ♥♥♥♥♥ about hats and items.
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
TheGreenBin Mar 8 @ 12:34pm 
i have the same problem, but i will tell you what others say.

1. Become a better players. This is a great possibility but they are missing out 3 key factors and these are that trolls are abundant in lower mmr and not uncommon and as everyone agrees dota 2 as a team game. Another problem is that people feed and all though im sure that this happens in all levels it still prevents you from winning due to dota 2 being a team game. and finally if you play support you can be very good at dota 2 and support but it is near impossible to solo carry a game while supporting.

2. Play TMMR. Now this is legit but you want your solo rating to increase.

So right now the clear answer is.... ALOT of luck

hope this helps!
General WVPM Mar 8 @ 12:38pm 
from what i know valv tries to keep everyone below 50% win and probably does that placing noobs in your team whenever you are doing too good :P
Big Jolly DuneCoon Mar 8 @ 12:41pm 
Originally posted by TheGreenBin:
i have the same problem, but i will tell you what others say.

1. Become a better players. This is a great possibility but they are missing out 3 key factors and these are that trolls are abundant in lower mmr and not uncommon and as everyone agrees dota 2 as a team game. Another problem is that people feed and all though im sure that this happens in all levels it still prevents you from winning due to dota 2 being a team game. and finally if you play support you can be very good at dota 2 and support but it is near impossible to solo carry a game while supporting.

2. Play TMMR. Now this is legit but you want your solo rating to increase.

So right now the clear answer is.... ALOT of luck

hope this helps!

Solo rating is absolute trash. I can't carry because the supports feed and I can't support because the carry feeds. I don't understand it and I never will. Why I get matched with someone who speaks Spanish is beyond me. The game is about cooperation. You can't cooperate with someone who speaks a different language and pings you.
!Platinum Bison! Mar 8 @ 12:43pm 
We can't raise our MMR, Valve thinks it is better to have experienced players be teamed up with inexperienced players because hey why not? You know gotta let the low level have a chance at winning at least some games or else they will not spend money on buying sets and items. I seriously wouldn't doubt it if that is Valve's logic for it. I will start playing HoN now, at least in that you gotta have a skill requirement to play with certain ranks.
Big Jolly DuneCoon Mar 8 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by Dark Bison:
We can't raise our MMR, Valve thinks it is better to have experienced players be teamed up with inexperienced players because hey why not? You know gotta let the low level have a chance at winning at least some games or else they will not spend money on buying sets and items. I seriously wouldn't doubt it if that is Valve's logic for it. I will start playing HoN now, at least in that you gotta have a skill requirement to play with certain ranks.
My MMR is total TRASH, but when I play in a 5 stack with my friend who also have trash MMR. We absolutely destroy. My problem is with the solo queue and the times where I only have a 2 stack or a 3 stack. It's horrible. I've had so many friends just stop taking this game seriously and only play player because they no longer want their ratings to plummet
Rob Mar 8 @ 12:50pm 
my party mmr is quite stable around 3400 3500 ish
i do also play most games with 4 or 5 stacks
OFFhandname Mar 8 @ 12:54pm 
get a girlfriend +25

stop playing dota all the time +25

get a life +25

lose your virginity +100
Last edited by OFFhandname; Mar 8 @ 12:55pm
!Platinum Bison! Mar 8 @ 1:05pm 
Originally posted by the best toaster:
get a girlfriend +25

stop playing dota all the time +25

get a life +25

lose your virginity +100

http://i.imgur.com/2G24C2k.gif
Last edited by !Platinum Bison!; Mar 8 @ 1:05pm
The Number 12 Mar 8 @ 1:11pm 
Dont try to carry you wont be supported and the game will be over b4 you can get enough farm. Dont try to support, or you will risk getting a crappy carry who never gets the farm they need. Dont play an initiator you will bilnk in and stun the whole other team then your team will just run away when they should fight leaving you to die.
Play pushers, if your really good at split pushing u can win with even a super ♥♥♥♥ty team. it wont make you win every game but it will get you a bit above 50%. personaly i dont go for ranked but thats what i do when i want to up my win rate.
Ganking really hard early on will also help, your super ♥♥♥♥y teammates will suck less when its 15-4 in your teams favor.
Total Mayhem Mar 8 @ 1:20pm 
[CKR] CL4P-TP Mar 8 @ 1:29pm 
Learn Spanish, it will help with more than just your Dota 2 experience
tixe Mar 8 @ 1:31pm 
Valve will put you with idiots when you win too much
Master Splinter Mar 8 @ 1:39pm 
Originally posted by the best toaster:
get a girlfriend +25

stop playing dota all the time +25

get a life +25

lose your virginity +100
Discodude Mar 8 @ 1:50pm 
Play better. Communication isn't everything.

Even this game my team was Spanish or otherwise (little English), so what?

http://dotabuff.com/matches/554293715
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 8 @ 12:28pm
Posts: 92