Posted: May 26
- Magnet Gun is one of the most entertaining weapons ever.
- Solid graphics.
- Repairing power looks cool and offers more freedom.
- Player is far less fragile than in Red Faction: Guerrilla.
- Gathering scrap isn't an annoyance anymore.
- Utterly obnoxious use of cutscenes and walking slowly while talking.
- Checkpoints despite this being the 21st century.
- Sound issues for many players.
- Very short (7 hours).
- Headache-inducing menu.
- Overly dark levels that feel oppressive in a bad way.
- Occasional flawed level design.
- Repair power is underused.
- Awful vehicle sections (excavator, lava boat).
- Lack of enemy variation.
- A few annoying enemies are bullet-sponges even with fully upgraded guns.
- Mostly boring skills.
- Completely linear.
- Moronic story.
- Due to ammo limitations you'll probably use the same guns throughout the entire game.
Red Faction Armageddon takes one step forward and three steps backward. It introduces a few nice elements but cripples the game by taking away player agency through constant cut scenes, linearity, imbalaced weapons/skills and some of the most boring vehicle sections ever. Red Faction: Guerrilla was more generic but it also offered more freedom, more fun and more excitement.