Arazoid Sep 25, 2013 @ 3:06pm
Film Grain issue
Hello I recently installed a fps cfg and it did some things like turning the film grain up to max, I have now removed the fps cfg and even though I have put the film grain on lowest it is still on max even though I removed the cfg.

How can I fix this?

Here is a screenshot, You might not be able to tell by the screenshot, But turning up the film grain does nothing as does turning it down.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181329329
Last edited by Arazoid; Sep 25, 2013 @ 3:09pm
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Pocketing Piecat Sep 25, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
Disable the steam cloud.
It saves all your game settings.
Then put a command in your launch options, I'm not sure what is is, like -autoconfig I think.
Then you should be able to just launch the game, exit the game, relaunch it and re-enable steam cloud and everything should be just fine.
Pocketing Piecat Sep 25, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
Tell me if it works.
Arazoid Sep 25, 2013 @ 6:47pm 
Originally posted by You're Such a Lovely Audience:
Disable the steam cloud.
It saves all your game settings.
Then put a command in your launch options, I'm not sure what is is, like -autoconfig I think.
Then you should be able to just launch the game, exit the game, relaunch it and re-enable steam cloud and everything should be just fine.


Originally posted by You're Such a Lovely Audience:
Tell me if it works.

I just tried this and it did not work.
./s Sep 25, 2013 @ 7:59pm 
Film grain has an in-game setting under video settings, just move the slider down to the default position or lower. Alternative, type this into your console: mat_grain_scale_override "0"
Arazoid Sep 25, 2013 @ 8:14pm 
Originally posted by scalar:
Film grain has an in-game setting under video settings, just move the slider down to the default position or lower. Alternative, type this into your console: mat_grain_scale_override "0"

Typing that in the console did not work.
m-w-o-b Sep 26, 2013 @ 5:09am 
try to verify your game caches
Arazoid Sep 26, 2013 @ 6:28am 
Originally posted by m-w-o-b:
try to verify your game caches

Just tried this and it did not work either unfortunately.
m-w-o-b Sep 26, 2013 @ 9:15am 
last chance: deinstallation and reinstallation
Arazoid Sep 26, 2013 @ 9:53am 
Originally posted by m-w-o-b:
last chance: deinstallation and reinstallation

There has to be some other way, It will take forever to re-download with my internet connection.
Pocketing Piecat Sep 26, 2013 @ 5:16pm 
You could try to delete your config.cfg and your autoexec.cfg then verify your game cache and then re enter the game.
Hell, you could delete your entire .cfg folder, I had to do that once.
Mortis Sep 26, 2013 @ 7:07pm 
Since it sounds like you've tried everything but this, why don't you try this:

1. Re-install that fps cfg.
2. Alter the film grain cvars yourself
3. Delete everything in that cfg not related to the film grain.
4. Prosper!

Could work; works for server stuff sometimes.
m-w-o-b Sep 27, 2013 @ 6:14am 
Originally posted by You're Such a Lovely Audience:
You could try to delete your config.cfg and your autoexec.cfg then verify your game cache and then re enter the game.
Hell, you could delete your entire .cfg folder, I had to do that once.


That is of course a good thing to try out :)
What's occurred to me: Did you disable steam-cloud?
Arazoid Sep 27, 2013 @ 9:10am 
Originally posted by You're Such a Lovely Audience:
You could try to delete your config.cfg and your autoexec.cfg then verify your game cache and then re enter the game.
Hell, you could delete your entire .cfg folder, I had to do that once.

Originally posted by Mortis:
Since it sounds like you've tried everything but this, why don't you try this:

1. Re-install that fps cfg.
2. Alter the film grain cvars yourself
3. Delete everything in that cfg not related to the film grain.
4. Prosper!

Could work; works for server stuff sometimes.




Originally posted by m-w-o-b:
Originally posted by You're Such a Lovely Audience:
You could try to delete your config.cfg and your autoexec.cfg then verify your game cache and then re enter the game.
Hell, you could delete your entire .cfg folder, I had to do that once.


That is of course a good thing to try out :)
What's occurred to me: Did you disable steam-cloud?

I deleted my whole cfg folder but I had to re-validate my cache but it worked! The only problem is I need to re-do my keybinds, But other than that it works now! Thank you very much to all of you for your help, I appreciate it.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2013 @ 3:06pm
Posts: 13