I've made a program to make it easy for playing Offline SplitScreen on the PC, I have posted it on http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=156994
Hi guys! I bought Borderlands. I'm an experienced .NET programmer, and really got angry because they didn't include a Split-screen option on the PC version of the game.
So, I searched the internet, and found several ways of running the game on split-screen or multi-monitor, but all of them involved having several programs, and are not easily modified for playing with different number of players. It all started withg Borderlands 2, but now the program has a system for making it easier for me to splitscreen games on the PC!
- Runs on multi-monitor perfectly
- Runs on Split-Screen (with no issues!)
- Borderlands 2
- Left 4 Dead 2
Link to download of newest version, 1.2.004 BETA:
I'd like to remember this is a BETA version, I'd reallly appreciate feedback, so I can fix it, and make it perfect!
Video of it working: Video
Instructions of usage:
1. Click on [+ Add a Game]
2. Click on [Browse...]
3. Search for your lef4dead2.exe file. If you have the Steam Version, it's on "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2"
4. Click on Left 4 Dead 2.
5. Select the number of players(currently only 2, I'm making some plans to make it work with 4 on the same PC).
6. Set the players screens.
7. Click Next to go to the Options screen.
8. Click Next, and select a level.
9. Click Next, and select a game mode.
10. Click Play.
11. Wait the game to load.
12. Press F8
- If your PC can't handle the game at your screen`s resolution, set your Windows`s resolution to lower BEFORE opening the App.
- DON`T modify the resolution in-game.
How it works:
- The program creates an 'autoexec.cfg' and adds it to your L4D2 folder. On that file, it adds the map, the mode, and every configuration to make the game run on splitscreen.
If you want to use 2 monitors, normally you would need to download SoftTH and hexEdit a VPK file from L4D2. The program does all that for you, the only thing you have to do is press F8 when the game loads.
The game works perfectly on Left-Right, Top-Bottom and 2-monitors Left-Right (3840x1080 tested here).