BieHDC Jul 26, 2013 @ 5:42am
Issues on Linux
Somebody other have the issue that if you join a game and spawn as infected on linux that the game crashes after loading the map?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
sunny0 Jul 26, 2013 @ 7:32am 
Game has been crashing lately but I don't get to the point where I can see my character infected.
Mummson Jul 26, 2013 @ 7:46am 
Game crashes on linux while playing on pubpic games.. not when I play Singleplayer. Tried the reboot thingy nothing works.. works on windows but not linux. (public that is)

[EDIT] Same with Versus and Campagin.
Last edited by Mummson; Jul 26, 2013 @ 7:47am
Chris Jul 26, 2013 @ 7:51am 
I had a problem just before where, upon loading the second round/map of a single-player game, the mouse cursor appeared and wouldn't let me spin around 360degrees (once cursor reached edge of screen, couldn't look in that direction anymore). Tried alt-tabbing out and in but didn't resolve it, so I gave up.
Last edited by Chris; Jul 26, 2013 @ 7:52am
BieHDC Jul 26, 2013 @ 8:09am 
For the issue with mouse pointer press ESC two times and then it should work
So open up ESC menu and close it again works for me
vacuum Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:12am 
Having the exact same problem that Mummson has, game crashes just as the map finishes loading and I am about to begin playing.
BieHDC Jul 26, 2013 @ 9:40am 
Exacly what i mean^
Chris Jul 27, 2013 @ 6:12am 
Originally posted by BieHDC:
For the issue with mouse pointer press ESC two times and then it should work
So open up ESC menu and close it again works for me

Hmm, I'm sure I pressed Esc a few times but I will try it again! Thanks.
BieHDC Jul 27, 2013 @ 6:40am 
Sometimes i also have to try more than one time and if you go out of menu back in game try to turn around as fast as you can that may also help^
doogie544 Jul 27, 2013 @ 6:00pm 
Originally posted by BieHDC:
For the issue with mouse pointer press ESC two times and then it should work
So open up ESC menu and close it again works for me

I have not had this work but what does is to go to the Menu(Esc) then the "controls" setting then change one of the mouse properties from "enabled" to "disabled" and back. I usualy use the top one(reverse mouse) but have used the next one(don't remember what it is) as well. Then when you return to the game it will work fine. I have noticed that I have this problem more often with verses. Often have to do it after every time teams switch from human to infected. With campaigns it only seems to hapen with the initial load.
Edit : I did get Esc to work to fix this last night, must work sometimes but not others, not sure why the difference......




Originally posted by Mummson:
Game crashes on linux while playing on pubpic games.. not when I play Singleplayer. Tried the reboot thingy nothing works.. works on windows but not linux. (public that is)

[EDIT] Same with Versus and Campagin.

I have noticed this on some servers but not others.....I think that it has to do with the server not the game. I don't think this happens if you are joining a official server but can happen with "offical dedicated" servers. If you start a lobby and select offical I have never had this problem that I have noticed. (note that these are only my observations to date I could be wrong as I have no hard evidence in the logs to verifiy this, however, it seems that this is holding true so far)
Last edited by doogie544; Jul 28, 2013 @ 5:41pm
+ULFBERH+T Jul 28, 2013 @ 1:36pm 
I think the problem is the same as mine. "Message of the day" somtimes which appears right after loading the map crashes the game. If there is no "Message of the Day" I am usually able to play. However, games also crashes when graphic rednering gets intense.
doogie544 Jul 28, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
Originally posted by +ULFBERH+T:
I think the problem is the same as mine. "Message of the day" somtimes which appears right after loading the map crashes the game. If there is no "Message of the Day" I am usually able to play. However, games also crashes when graphic rednering gets intense.


This sounds correct, that would explain why the dedicated(but private) servers sometimes crash but the Officl steam servers never do....No Message of the day.

@+ULFBERH+T You might try to turn sown the quality int he video settings. I remember reading a post on this forum that recommend turing off "multi-core rendering" if you are getting crashes....
+ULFBERH+T Jul 28, 2013 @ 8:18pm 
Originally posted by doogie544:
@+ULFBERH+T You might try to turn sown the quality int he video settings. I remember reading a post on this forum that recommend turing off "multi-core rendering" if you are getting crashes....

Update:
Since today, the "Message of The Day" no longer crashes my game.

Doogie544:
Not sure if it works.
After disabling it, the first survival game (the parse?) crashed as soon as the map was loaded. However, I restarted the game and joined another survival game (the dead center), and it was fine. I did try to join a 3rd survival game, but that too also crashed.
doogie544 Jul 28, 2013 @ 8:58pm 
+ULFBERH+T
I was not sure it would work either, I only saw the post when looking for something else.
Turing of multi core rendering makes no difference in performace for me, I am not getting the random crashes just the ones when the game loads. (the post mentioned both performance and crashes if I remeber correctly)

I have seen a few Message of the day's but not too many, not sure if that's because some servers have ones that cause the crash and some are ok? Wonder if it a server that uses Pinion....I think, but I'm not sure, that there are L4D2 servers that use Pinion...Maybe it's not the MOTD but Pinion adds that are causing the crash.

Either way it would be nice if Valve fixes this, it really sucks trying to load game just to have the whole L4D2 game crash. While they are at it maybe they could get our mics working.....not sure what the deal is with the mic, it works for other Source games (Team fortress2 works fine at least) so it should be able to work on L4D2 as well if they just get the programming right(maybe??)
NoBody Sep 30, 2013 @ 6:44pm 
Hit y to bring up the chat sceen. Hit x afterwards and allis well.


Originally posted by Chris:
I had a problem just before where, upon loading the second round/map of a single-player game, the mouse cursor appeared and wouldn't let me spin around 360degrees (once cursor reached edge of screen, couldn't look in that direction anymore). Tried alt-tabbing out and in but didn't resolve it, so I gave up.
VeRDe Oct 1, 2013 @ 1:56pm 
In game microphone doesnt work at all. It DOES work on Steam settings and Skype. L4D2 problem only. I cant chat with other players. FIX IT!!
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2013 @ 5:42am
Posts: 16