3 Hours Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:52pm
Crossed-Eyed survivors
Whenever I play L4D2 and I'm trying to heal a teammate or just looking them straight in the eye, their eyes become crossed and it didn't bother me much at first, but now it's just kinda freaking me out, maybe some add-on is doing it, or I need to verify Cache? It's also doing this for all my addon models too. Any helpful respone would be appreciated.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
3 Hours Jul 22, 2013 @ 9:50pm 
Verifying the Cache did not work, Survivors are still cross eyed
Here are some screenshots so you can get an image of what i'm seeing
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162855663
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162855675

Cookington Jul 22, 2013 @ 10:56pm 
Those are custom characters. Try disabling them and see if the normal characters are still cross-eyed.
3 Hours Jul 22, 2013 @ 11:13pm 
Originally posted by Delta Cookies:
Those are custom characters. Try disabling them and see if the normal characters are still cross-eyed.
Nope. This was even happening before I downloaded those models.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162872651

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162872621

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162872589
Last edited by 3 Hours; Jul 23, 2013 @ 12:38am
3 Hours Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:03pm 
I am simply at a lost now. I have tried everything I could come up with. I un-installed then re-installed the game, Verified the cache and wiped my addons folder clean.
Svedash Jul 24, 2013 @ 9:11pm 
Wild guess, maybe a graphic card issue? If you try to reinstall your latest driver?
Deer Aug 27, 2013 @ 10:49pm 
Have to bring this thread back up. I'd like to know if Leo the Cat#Aaron Paul, ♥♥♥♥♥ had any luck with this problem? I've gotten it recently as well and nuked the entire folder and re-downloaded the whole thing, but no luck, they're all still idiotic looking.
MunkeyThrust Aug 28, 2013 @ 5:45am 
Ha ha, that is creepy! You probably shouldn't waste a lot of energy fretting about such an incredibly minor thing. Life is short, and there are zombies that need killing.
Cookington Aug 28, 2013 @ 9:56am 
Try lowering or upping the Video Settings. I believe I saw cross-eyed survivors a long time ago but when I lowered a setting, it seemed to fix it. Unless you like maxed settings :)
3 Hours Aug 28, 2013 @ 5:56pm 
Originally posted by Deer:
Have to bring this thread back up. I'd like to know if Leo the Cat#Aaron Paul, ♥♥♥♥♥ had any luck with this problem? I've gotten it recently as well and nuked the entire folder and re-downloaded the whole thing, but no luck, they're all still idiotic looking.
Thanks for bringing this back up, I kinda forgot about it(Haven't been playing too much L4D2 recently) I also did the same thing, removed any add-ons and un-installed and re-installed.
As for

Originally posted by DeltaGhostCookies:
Try lowering or upping the Video Settings. I believe I saw cross-eyed survivors a long time ago but when I lowered a setting, it seemed to fix it. Unless you like maxed settings :)
I tried setting all video settings to low and nothing worked :/
Gopher Sep 1, 2013 @ 7:57pm 
Originally posted by MunkeyThrust:
Ha ha, that is creepy! You probably shouldn't waste a lot of energy fretting about such an incredibly minor thing. Life is short, and there are zombies that need killing.

I agree - although you could try turn your pc upside down - that might work.

Axe me a question I dare you?
EMANERO May 12, 2014 @ 11:28am 
Crossed eyes huh ?
put those commands on the console
r_eyemove 1
r_eyeshift_x 0
r_eyeshift_y 0
r_eyeshift_z 0
r_eyesize 0
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:52pm
Posts: 11