10 Things New Players Should Know
10. When a teammate is getting mauled by an infected zombie, Right Click. This will remove the infected from your teammate and stop him from taking damage. It also beats stand there shooting down your teammates health in the process.
9. Be careful how you use grenades. If you see that a teammate has thrown Bile out, don't throw your pipe bomb. As you are just wasting it. simply shoot down the zombies in the cloud of green mist. Save your pipebombs for events, such as running to the safe room near the end of a map. Last but not least, the molotov. Be very aware of your teammates position before you decide to throw one because if you aren't mindful of where they are you could be killing them with it.
8. Keep your mic on push to talk. Nothing is more obnoxious than hearing someone elses ambient noise in the background every 10 seconds. This is considered mic spamming and in most cases with probably end up getting yourself kicked.
7. When you see a tank coming, instead of running and hiding (I see alot of it lately). simply burn the tank down as fast as possible. Throwing a molotov at a tank is also an effective way of taking it down.
6. Try not to be too slow or too fast and stay with your group. If you get too far ahead, the chances of you getting incapacitated or killed by an infected zombie are relatively high. Too often I see people rush ahead and get killed. If you are ridiculously slow you will be at risk of the same thing. People will rarely bother to go back and help someone whose been incapacitated if it means they are at the same risk.
5. When using a grenade launcher, try to only aim for long distance shots. As close distance you are hurting your entire team with the splash (unless you are playing on easy. go nuts).
4. If you are using an auto-shotgun, and you see a witch, simply turn off your flashlight, walk up behind her and blast her in the back of the head as many times as possible. Try not to attempt this if you are in the middle of a event unless you have it down pat. As getting incapacitated will only slow down your team.
3. Health kits. Too often do I see people wasting them needlessly. If you are above 10 health and you aren't heading into an event, it's better to use pills or adrenaline. Sure its temporary but its better than blowing a health kit then getting mauled by an infected. Secondly, always try and heal your teammates that are damaged. The most often your team helps each other, the better the drops. Also, if your teammate is getting surrounded by zombies and you see him dropping, tossing him pills will prevent him from getting downed and mangled.
2. Don't be an over-serious jackass. Nothing is more annoying than playing with a group of guys that ♥♥♥♥♥ and complain if someone misses a charge or gets smoked in a bad area. Try to minimize your mistakes but keep in mind that they happen. Unfortunately the tryhards out there are going to piss and moan, nothing you can really do to change that. best thing you can do is simply ignore them. If they are offering sincere advice thats great, but for the most part its going to be snide criticisms.
1. The more helpful a teammate you are, the greater the chance you are going to complete the map.
have fun ^~^