shift-tab (steam HUD) not working in L4D2
about a week or two ago my shift-tab stopped working in l4d2. If i try to shift-tab to access messages etc, it flickers (you can see it) but it goes back to the game with serious FPS lag (until you try to shift tab again). when it flickers and dissapears you have no time to answer a message, join an invite, nothing.
I run a multi-game steam gaming group with L4D2 as or primary game - and this is ruining my little organization, I can't invite, manage events, members can't grab server info, i can't answer messages, etc etc.
I've Tried to Fix It By:
* Removing Steam (deleting all files except steam.exe, userdata, and steamapps) - didn't help
* I took the liberty of uninstalling my graphics (and sound) drivers, I driver sweeped my PC, and re-installed - this didn't help (helped my graphics tho :D)
* I also disabled, re-enabled the steam hud, changed toggle buttons, etc (steam options) - didn't help
* Re-Starting the game doesn't even temporarily fix it, I just have to keep spamming shift-tab (or alternate button), and maybe after the 10th attempt it will stay (but just that one time).
* and last but not least - it's not a background application - a steam official post said "background apps may break your overlay", I have none of the known apps that break it - and when i go into game, i have the most minimal of apps running (microsoft, razer, steam is it.)
I have over 2,800 hours in L4D2, and this problem just started happening to not just me but lots of people, and no fix?