Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

View Stats:
Zoom May 3, 2013 @ 10:12pm
left 4 dead 2 beta just showed up on my library?
can someone tell me what is that?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
ᗷᗴᗩᖇ May 3, 2013 @ 10:29pm 
Its for the extended mutation system and whatever other changes theyre testing out atm. Not sure what all theyre doing but in the beta you'll only be able to play with others using the beta and only be able to use servers designated for the beta.
Zoom May 3, 2013 @ 10:30pm 
Originally posted by LaserDicks:
Its for the extended mutation system and whatever other changes theyre testing out atm. Not sure what all theyre doing but in the beta you'll only be able to play with others using the beta and only be able to use servers designated for the beta.
ohh ok thanks!
[HOH]Hellion666 May 4, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
I believe that this might be to test the new Steam Pipe upgrade that they are introducing for all Source games tbh! They introduced the Steam Pipe update to TF2 recently and it seems to have worked quite well so it may be worth checking it out to see if it improves some of the issues that some people are having! Hope this helps :)
Zoom May 4, 2013 @ 8:43pm 
Originally posted by (H.O.H)Hellion666:
I believe that this might be to test the new Steam Pipe upgrade that they are introducing for all Source games tbh! They introduced the Steam Pipe update to TF2 recently and it seems to have worked quite well so it may be worth checking it out to see if it improves some of the issues that some people are having! Hope this helps :)
what is steam pipe?
[HOH]Hellion666 May 5, 2013 @ 6:44pm 
Originally posted by ZealousPrism588:
Originally posted by (H.O.H)Hellion666:
I believe that this might be to test the new Steam Pipe upgrade that they are introducing for all Source games tbh! They introduced the Steam Pipe update to TF2 recently and it seems to have worked quite well so it may be worth checking it out to see if it improves some of the issues that some people are having! Hope this helps :)
what is steam pipe?

This may enlighten you a little bit.....although this particular one is for TF2 for now.....but as far as I know they will be applying this to all Source games!

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7388-QPFN-2491

Hope this helps :)
Zoom May 5, 2013 @ 8:42pm 
Originally posted by (H.O.H)Hellion666:
Originally posted by ZealousPrism588:
what is steam pipe?

This may enlighten you a little bit.....although this particular one is for TF2 for now.....but as far as I know they will be applying this to all Source games!

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7388-QPFN-2491

Hope this helps :)
damn looks great thanks for the link!
I think L4D2 already came with the pipe system since it's release, but i'm not sure. The beta it's to test new features to the game, currently they are testing the EMS(Extended Mutation System) and the L4D2 for linux.

Links:
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=10534
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=10451
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=9915
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: May 3, 2013 @ 10:12pm
Posts: 7