Libertine Apr 5, 2013 @ 12:49pm
Whats with the influx of noobs
seriously ... the last 2 days have been sheer horror as far as pug campaigns go ... 8 out of 10 games you join are a nightmare with people just behaving like utter noobs

my last 3 games

) join ... no mercy in the subway tunnels ... get incapacitated by friendly 3 times in a row before i decide to call it quits
) again, no mercy ... beginning of the subway tunnels, end up with 2 guys running around in circles without showing any intention of moving ... get called an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ because they think I dont understand german ... decide to call it quits
) no mercy, the part with the scissor lift ... scavenging the area of weapons while 2 guys who apparently were playing together(the .CZ tag behind their names was a bit of a giveaway) just launch the event resulting in me and a bot dieing ... asking why they didnt wait got me a kickvote ...
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
< >
~{YNB} Bubbacasanova~ Apr 5, 2013 @ 1:38pm 
Do not try and fix the noobs. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no noobs. Then you'll see, that it is not the noobs that fix, but yourself.
~{YNB} Bubbacasanova~ Apr 5, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
The other part of your problem may be that the l4d community are the worst people i've ever seen from a game.
Mipple Apr 5, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
Yeah. I just played the final part of "Dead Center" on like, normal freaking difficulty, and somehow my team failed; They couldn't seem to comprehend the word "gas can".
The Non Flying Dutchman Apr 5, 2013 @ 2:32pm 
Originally posted by Libertine:
seriously ... the last 2 days have been sheer horror as far as pug campaigns go ... 8 out of 10 games you join are a nightmare with people just behaving like utter noobs

my last 3 games

) join ... no mercy in the subway tunnels ... get incapacitated by friendly 3 times in a row before i decide to call it quits
) again, no mercy ... beginning of the subway tunnels, end up with 2 guys running around in circles without showing any intention of moving ... get called an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ because they think I dont understand german ... decide to call it quits
) no mercy, the part with the scissor lift ... scavenging the area of weapons while 2 guys who apparently were playing together(the .CZ tag behind their names was a bit of a giveaway) just launch the event resulting in me and a bot dieing ... asking why they didnt wait got me a kickvote ...

Been lately the case with so many new players buying game for 5 bucks and jumping in vs as well as on higher difficulties on campaigns anyway. My advice will be to stay away from maps like No Mercy and Dead Center for campaigns as well as vs(if u can, coz these lobbies fill fast). I love Carnival and Parish and not many noobs play these maps.
Sux-to-b-u Apr 5, 2013 @ 6:58pm 
How about they make LFD3,LFD2 has been so thrashed its beyond a joke.
dreadmoor Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:27pm 
How about some love for the noobs? How else will our fan community grow?
Be proud that a game >2 years old that you proudly play is finding new followers every day.
If no one new discovered L4D2 it would soon be abandoned by attrition as we all wandered off to newer games.
Noobs (New Comers): welcome to L4D/L4D2 community. We're GLAD you discovered this awesome game.
We suggest sticking to low-difficulty early campaigns. You will always find experienced, patient players who will be glad to help you learn to have fun in the Zombie apocolypse.
Tell all your friends who have never played L4D or L4D2 to become "Noobs" in the greatest Zombie game ever created.
Welcome new players. Long Live L4D.
Bikes Apr 5, 2013 @ 7:47pm 
Originally posted by dreadmoor:
How about some love for the noobs? How else will our fan community grow?
Be proud that a game >2 years old that you proudly play is finding new followers every day.
If no one new discovered L4D2 it would soon be abandoned by attrition as we all wandered off to newer games.
Noobs (New Comers): welcome to L4D/L4D2 community. We're GLAD you discovered this awesome game.
We suggest sticking to low-difficulty early campaigns. You will always find experienced, patient players who will be glad to help you learn to have fun in the Zombie apocolypse.
Tell all your friends who have never played L4D or L4D2 to become "Noobs" in the greatest Zombie game ever created.
Welcome new players. Long Live L4D.

There's a difference between being new and just being stupid. Friendly fire for instance shouldn't ever happen that much unless it's babies first FPS (which L4d2 is a horrible choice for).
There's also the issue of people jumping into vs way before they're prepared which just angers everyone.
Libertine Apr 6, 2013 @ 10:21am 
Originally posted by dreadmoor:
How about some love for the noobs? How else will our fan community grow?
Be proud that a game >2 years old that you proudly play is finding new followers every day.
If no one new discovered L4D2 it would soon be abandoned by attrition as we all wandered off to newer games.
Noobs (New Comers): welcome to L4D/L4D2 community. We're GLAD you discovered this awesome game.
We suggest sticking to low-difficulty early campaigns. You will always find experienced, patient players who will be glad to help you learn to have fun in the Zombie apocolypse.
Tell all your friends who have never played L4D or L4D2 to become "Noobs" in the greatest Zombie game ever created.
Welcome new players. Long Live L4D.

you need to distinguish between newb and noob ... i dont have a problem with the first kind but the 2nd kind ♥♥♥♥es me off to no end ... or maybe call them knobs ... whatever

played 2 campaigns today ... advanced difficulty(which seems to attract more idiots then normal or easy for some reason)...on the first attempt a guy joins and within 5sec theres the first friendly fire incident(with the M16...) after about 10 more incidents in the next 5min. i ask to watch his bloody aim at which point he just leaves ... worked out well in the end and i was able to actually finish the campaign.

2nd one just know ... parish ... graveyard and tank coming ... i set the tank on fire while this dude, whos been tagging along but doing overly well ... all of a sudden turns and incapacitating everyone else on his team ... the part that makes me wanna pull out my hair is that I got in a kick vote in time but the other turd on my team apparently was unable to find his F1 button ... anyway ... the tank dies and 3 of us are down(2 players & 1 bot) when this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ luckily leaves the match ...
homяk Apr 6, 2013 @ 10:38am 
нехомячица
Libertine Apr 6, 2013 @ 11:25am 
Originally posted by homяk:
нехомячица

gesundheit
flyinghitcher Apr 6, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
Well said dreadmoor.

Libertine -You just notice mistakes more on Advanced, Friendly fire starts to actaully matter, and the resources are more easy to squander. It's not f1 for everyone you know :p
Ofen The Green Apr 6, 2013 @ 2:19pm 
Originally posted by Bub the Casanova:
The other part of your problem may be that the l4d community are the worst people i've ever seen from a game.

this
barramore Apr 6, 2013 @ 3:43pm 
i am new to the game and just like a newbie i died in the hosptial mission because i didn't know what button duck was. Ha! what a stupid noob. Thanks for the warm invite dreadmoor:.
Bikes Apr 6, 2013 @ 3:45pm 
Originally posted by barramore:
i am new to the game and just like a newbie i died in the hosptial mission because i didn't know what button duck was. Ha! what a stupid noob. Thanks for the warm invite dreadmoor:.
As long as you play normal campaign people probably won't be bothered. Although if you don't know buttons maybe a single player round first would help.
ATheÌst rage pro Apr 6, 2013 @ 11:01pm 
No noobs dare venture in my obscure part of hell.. playing coop headshot mutation on expert and only on customs camp. So, if the first headlees seemingly unkillable zombi doesnt make him ragequit after 2 magnums clips.. well .. the banhammer is just a binded key away.
Think u got molten lava ballz of fury ? add me up and see for yourself.
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 5, 2013 @ 12:49pm
Posts: 40