Metallic_Falcon Nov 1, 2013 @ 8:45am
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ noobs
Since the game is on halloween's sale there are a lot of newcomers who doesn't know how to play, this is normal, but then there are the stupid ones who doesn't stop screwing the team all the time and act like Rambo. In 3 days I played like 10 campaigns and only finished one because of them.

It will be good to have a filter to avoid the players with a minimum of hours of playtime to prevent this kind situations.
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
< >
Newplayer006 Nov 1, 2013 @ 9:05am 
Well idk about campaign, but in versus this is a good opportunity to increase the win percentage in anyone's stats :D
SlayerS_'BoxeR' Nov 1, 2013 @ 9:33am 
If they go all rambo and die because they arent good enough to play that way yet they will learn eventually or remain noob and quit. Either way your problem is solved =). Also these forums will have more material for the same topics we have seen for... forever.

You need to change your playstyle in order to survive campaigns with new people. I can't rely on the fact that one of my buds will always be there to back me up when I am getting destroyed by some si fool. Can't run ahead either because ff will always be a prob.

OH man and tanks... the times I get to solo a tank are just too much fun =).

Playing with new people in campaign is awesome. It is a nice break from the normal left 4 chat experience imo. If you are whining about this sheet then you are prolly taking this game too seriously or are new yourself. Accept the challenge, become better, and carry teams.
œ Nov 1, 2013 @ 9:46am 
haha...i know the sale is coming..so i keep play with my fren..problem solved..amen
∀lthric Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:06am 
AKA- "People who don't have a lot of money are ♥♥♥♥ at this game. Avoid them and treat them like ♥♥♥♥"
Well done, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
Metallic_Falcon Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:09am 
Originally posted by Killer5:
If they go all rambo and die because they arent good enough to play that way yet they will learn eventually or remain noob and quit. Either way your problem is solved =). Also these forums will have more material for the same topics we have seen for... forever.

You need to change your playstyle in order to survive campaigns with new people. I can't rely on the fact that one of my buds will always be there to back me up when I am getting destroyed by some si fool. Can't run ahead either because ff will always be a prob.

OH man and tanks... the times I get to solo a tank are just too much fun =).

Playing with new people in campaign is awesome. It is a nice break from the normal left 4 chat experience imo. If you are whining about this sheet then you are prolly taking this game too seriously or are new yourself. Accept the challenge, become better, and carry teams.

I always try to adapt to the rest of the team style to be useful for them but when they repeatedly start shooting to the cars, the Witches, leaving you alone when a special infected attacks (even when you are near them), doing extreme friendly fire and starting all the special events without waiting for the rest of the team to be ready it annoys a lot

Mostly I play with new people and it's great to play with people who know how teamwork is, sometimes you met a newcomer and help him to learn the gameplay, but when your 3 teammates are new it's impossible to do anything, no matter what you say, they'll do whatever they want

Originally posted by Althric:
AKA- "People who don't have a lot of money are ♥♥♥♥ at this game. Avoid them and treat them like ♥♥♥♥"
Well done, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

No man, in fact I bought the PC version of the game in 2012 Christmas sale (But I play this since 2008 in Xbox)

I complain about the people who think this is like a COD with zombies and doesn't think that they are playing with more people like a team. There are a lot of newcomers that play pretty good because they know this is a team game, but in the same way there are a lot who doesn't stop doing whatever they want, even when their teammates are telling him not to do some things that can kill them all
Last edited by Metallic_Falcon; Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:15am
SlayerS_'BoxeR' Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:30am 
@Metallic_Falcon
This is precisely what I am talking about. This is what makes the game more fun and challenging. Imo having to scramble and survive is the best kind of way to play this game. For me at least. I guess we just like different kinds of gameplay.

EXCEPT for the extreme ff. If it is so bad that you cant play kick the fool. I am assuming your are playing on expert, on normal ff is whatev unless it is fire or trolling.
wooly-back-jack Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:44am 
christ I've had this game ages, but not played in a while and started again the other night.
People are so friggin nasty and elitist in this game now, you know it's bad when I think CS:GO players are more welcoming (only just back to cs with this version as I hated source and it's flying particle crap)
wooly-back-jack Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:47am 
want to avoid noobs I suggest playing in friends only games, or keep the lobby locked until you have 3 friends in there then open it up to public and kill the noobs... not rocket science is it.
Play on pubs in whatever game you play and you will get them.
MunkeyThrust Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:48am 
Yeah newbies are fine as long as they get the "spirit" of the game. You can't achieve any goals in L4D2 without teamwork.
Last edited by MunkeyThrust; Nov 1, 2013 @ 10:49am
Synchronicity Nov 1, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
It's funny how that despite the fact that we go through this each and every time a sale takes place, there are those that continue to be surprised.
Of course given the following:
Total Playtime: 56h 6m 7s
Even though you may have played on the 360, you could (not saying should) be considered a noob as well.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Einstein
Last edited by Synchronicity; Nov 1, 2013 @ 2:34pm
Arman Ossi Loko Nov 1, 2013 @ 12:28pm 
It's nice to see newcomers - to see the game still active. Also, newcomers are newcomers, so they won't learn if they get kicked from every server... Anyway, I prefered if there was a L4D2 Free Weekend so I could get the Good Guy Nick Achievement.
RadicalRedemption Nov 1, 2013 @ 1:23pm 
right
@Kotaru™ Nov 1, 2013 @ 2:00pm 
True, but you have to give a chance to new people coming not only fun, if not also to learn

Es verdad, pero hay que dar una oportunidad a la gente nueva que viene no solo a divertirse, si no tambien a aprender.
Metallic_Falcon Nov 1, 2013 @ 7:19pm 
Originally posted by Conan!:
True, but you have to give a chance to new people coming not only fun, if not also to learn

Es verdad, pero hay que dar una oportunidad a la gente nueva que viene no solo a divertirse, si no tambien a aprender.

Lo se perfectamente, como ya dije hay muchos nuevos con los que jugar es una maravilla, ya que se nota que intentan hacerlo lo mejor posible aún sin conocer mucho, el tema va más por los que llegan y se las dan de enterados y de pros y van liandola todo el rato porque si.

Por ejemplo, hoy he estado jugando en ''Aguas Turbulentas'' Y al menos hemos estado jugando 6 personas, siendo 4 de ellas recién llegados al juego, pues bien, dos de ellos nos han hecho tener que repetir un mapa 3 veces porque hacían lo que les daba la gana y daban lugar a que nos mataran (De hecho uno de ellos nos mató a los otros 3 al reventar los barriles que llevan al túnel cuando ni siquiera estábamos preparados) En cambio jugar con los otros dos ha sido bastante agradable, sabían que es lo que había que hacer en cierta manera, como no disparar a los coches, esperar en los momentos clave, no dejar abandonados a ningún miembro del equipo y lo que yo considero más importante, preguntaban si tenían alguna duda

--

I know it perfectly, as I said there are a lot of newcomers who is great to play with because you can notice that they are giving the best of them even without knowing so much of the game, this thread is more for the ones that believe they are pros when they don't know anything at all and get the team in a lot of troubles

For example, today I was playing Cold Stream and at least 6 players were in the game, being 4 of them newcomers, well, 2 of them made us repeat a map 3 times because they do whatever they want and get us killed (In fact one of them killed the other 3 shooting the barrels near the tunnel when we are not prepared yet) But the other 2 players was pretty good, they know the things that can't be done, like shooting the red cars, wait to the team to be ready in the special events, left a teammate and, the most important to me, when they had a doubt, they asked


Originally posted by Synchronicity:
It's funny how that despite the fact that we go through this each and every time a sale takes place, there are those that continue to be surprised.
Of course given the following:
Total Playtime: 56h 6m 7s
Even though you may have played on the 360, you could (not saying should) be considered a noob as well.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.- Einstein

I was expecting this, but not this big

56 Hours? It says 92 hours to me
[linux] sophia hapgood Nov 1, 2013 @ 7:51pm 
Ah, so that's where all the new griefers and teamkillers came from.
Showing 1-15 of 66 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 1, 2013 @ 8:45am
Posts: 66