Niveous Dec 30, 2013 @ 8:43pm
Kicking players for not using a headset?
This topic is on the issue of players voting to kick other players who DO NOT use a headset or microphone for voice communication in Left 4 Dead 2.

Voice communication in this game improves teamwork, but some people prefer:

- To type in game chat.
- Do not prefer using a headset/microphone.
- Cannot afford a headset/microphone.

Post your opinion in the comment section below.
Last edited by Niveous; Jul 4, 2014 @ 10:50am
Showing 1-15 of 148 comments
< >
Vilikis Dec 30, 2013 @ 8:44pm 
Welcome to Left 4 Dead 2.
♥LisyXoXo Dec 30, 2013 @ 8:45pm 
yeah ive seen that happen a couple times, i have a mic i just dont bother using it lol.
Sifer2 Dec 30, 2013 @ 8:51pm 
Been like that ever since the game came out. Ironic thing is your really probably better off not even using voice chat cause it's better to be able to hear the special infected spawning. But no instead I get to hear some guy yelling "HUNTER HUNTER OMG HUNTER HUNTER ON ME!" as if I can not plainly see the bright glowing red thing on him. But I couldn't hear the Boomer spawn so now i'm covered in goo ****.

Only mode you really need a mic is in realism. And only to help tell people where you are if you get separated, and pounced.
ღ.:тяιχιє:.ღ Dec 30, 2013 @ 9:03pm 
Originally posted by Sifer2:
Been like that ever since the game came out. Ironic thing is your really probably better off not even using voice chat cause it's better to be able to hear the special infected spawning.
Thats why you keep your mic chatter to a minimum. And also turn subtitles on.

But i digress: If you aren't willing to compete seriously with and against competitive people, dont bother competing with and against competitive people and expect them to play as relaxed and unprepared as you personally want to play.
Last edited by ღ.:тяιχιє:.ღ; Dec 31, 2013 @ 12:30am
URF The Nami-tee Dec 30, 2013 @ 9:44pm 
Originally posted by Metrosexual Hipster:
It's getting really annoying when your team groups up on you and kicks you for not using a mic. There is a chat system ya know! God I hate "try hards".

What's worse: Try getting TKed repeatedly, kicked, and getting a bunch of spam messages they're allowed to send to you through Steam because they added you to their friends list, even though you haven't accepted. Here's one I've gotten because I didn't use my mic and wouldn't turn my voice chat on: "Kid, f*ck you and your f*cking wh*re mom that is a pr0stitute wh*re, hope you die to cancer and get r&ped during chemo that you never get, but get r&ped anyway." See how bad the L4D2 community is? Tryhards and dumbass people that try to spam you with hurtful insults. Worst thing is: they can NOT be banned for it because VAC is, and always has been, dumb and about as intelligent as a sack of hammers.
Last edited by URF The Nami-tee; Dec 30, 2013 @ 9:44pm
m1a93 Dec 30, 2013 @ 9:58pm 
I leave games because i hear some annoying kid on a mic.

Another problem with mic users is you usually only hear from the guy who thinks he's team leader, and decides he knows what's best for you.
orangy_blue Dec 30, 2013 @ 11:32pm 
Wow, i'm so lucky. I avoided all these horror stories. Just got this game over free xmas, and I guess most of the other players are new too. The few people who knows what to do were helpful rather than 'knows what best for you'.

Except when I tried advanced difficulty, all of sudden, seems they are all expert who knows what good for you.

I have to say, this game is extremely fun when playing with a bunch of others who doesn't know hat to do too.
Niveous Dec 30, 2013 @ 11:34pm 
Originally posted by Isaac Clarke:
Originally posted by Metrosexual Hipster:
It's getting really annoying when your team groups up on you and kicks you for not using a mic. There is a chat system ya know! God I hate "try hards".

What's worse: Try getting TKed repeatedly, kicked, and getting a bunch of spam messages they're allowed to send to you through Steam because they added you to their friends list, even though you haven't accepted. Here's one I've gotten because I didn't use my mic and wouldn't turn my voice chat on: "Kid, f*ck you and your f*cking wh*re mom that is a pr0stitute wh*re, hope you die to cancer and get r&ped during chemo that you never get, but get r&ped anyway." See how bad the L4D2 community is? Tryhards and dumbass people that try to spam you with hurtful insults. Worst thing is: they can NOT be banned for it because VAC is, and always has been, dumb and about as intelligent as a sack of hammers.

Lol. Sounds like something I use to get from "pro" kids on Xbox Live haha!
tolshortte Dec 31, 2013 @ 1:37am 
Originally posted by {On Duty}Teemo:
Thats why you keep your mic chatter to a minimum. And also turn subtitles on.

But i digress: If you aren't willing to compete seriously with and against competitive people, dont bother competing with and against competitive people and expect them to play as relaxed and unprepared as you personally want to play.

its people like this that make me laugh. compete seriously lol. if you want to do that there are actual e-sports teams who do this. if you think you are so good, join one of those. compete in a real competitive game. also you will find out they do not act like this at all. they are a good bunch of people who'd kick your butt to the curb for this type of attitude.

both of the teams i was affiliated with constantly make fun of players like this who try and compete seriously in casual games. they'd laugh this yahoo all the way back to farmville.
Gman Dec 31, 2013 @ 9:50am 
PPL with mics are very annoying. They spam the crap out of it and don't seem to care. Especially the ones who have diarrhea of the mouth and talk/scream into the mic just to hear themselves. Takes away from the game experience itself. Then the ones who "THINK" they are in charge and tell everyone how to play the game. Really!?
Last edited by Gman; Dec 31, 2013 @ 9:51am
For You Dec 31, 2013 @ 9:56am 
lol ok you're gonna just type real fast everyone to retreat to bathroom when zombie hordes come or type that jumper got you to be effective

get a mic instead of hating and crying, it's useful for this game
Cleo The Destroyer Dec 31, 2013 @ 9:59am 
I used to use mic all the time until I realized that people on here harass girls who happen to use it. Some people would rather just type and i don't think that's so wrong for something like coop. On versus, though, it really is a necessity
Niveous Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:19am 
Originally posted by Pls:
lol ok you're gonna just type real fast everyone to retreat to bathroom when zombie hordes come or type that jumper got you to be effective

get a mic instead of hating and crying, it's useful for this game

Some people can't afford a good mic & headset. Others, like myself, don't know which brand to purchase that's compatible with Steam other than Logitech & they suck!
[SAS & LMG Trans] Lucpol |hg Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:22am 
Originally posted by m1a93:
I leave games because i hear some annoying kid on a mic.
As much as i appreciate having kids myself, i too grow tired of those instances in games.
Last edited by [SAS & LMG Trans] Lucpol |hg; Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:22am
Ultra Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:34am 
Am ok if they kick me.. I don't want to be distracted the entire game with their gossip.
Showing 1-15 of 148 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2013 @ 8:43pm
Posts: 148