Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

View Stats:
Lesbillionaire May 13, 2014 @ 5:54am
[Mod request] visible feet
Somebody should to make a mod where you can see your feet when you look down
just like in vanilla L4D but also be character skin compatible. So basically it should be showing character world models. I would investigate myself but unfortunately not only do I suck at modding but my game files always get corrupted when I mess around with SDK.

I'd celebrate the person who could make this reality and declare this mod my absolute favorite above the oh so fancy character skins, because it provides the game a layer of realism that made the prequel supperior in this regard.
Last edited by Lesbillionaire; May 13, 2014 @ 5:55am
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
|B4ST4RDS| Sophia May 13, 2014 @ 6:50am 
Some time ago, a modder named darkpixelblade from reddit said they were working on something like that.
indianaro May 13, 2014 @ 7:27am 
This request is old enough to be a toddler by now. :D
Vengeful Waffle May 13, 2014 @ 11:06am 
There was an attempt a long time ago. Apparently it takes a lot of effort and so was abandoned. Nobody's touched it since.
ღ.:Trixie:.ღ May 13, 2014 @ 3:14pm 
L4d1 is superior to l4d2 for the sole reason of being able to look down and see your feet....?
Lesbillionaire May 13, 2014 @ 3:16pm 
^ no, just more realistic.
Last edited by Lesbillionaire; May 13, 2014 @ 3:20pm
ღ.:Trixie:.ღ May 13, 2014 @ 3:23pm 
Originally posted by Lesbillionaire:
Originally posted by ♥.:Mrs. McButt:.♥:
L4d1 is superior to l4d2 for the sole reason of being able to look down and see your feet....?
[...]in this regard
In the regards of adding "realism" to a game about 4 lone survivors braving the end of the world against a seemingly infinite horde of rabid monsters with a limitless amount of ammo, can heal fatal wounds by pressing a piece of fabric against their clothes, ingesting entire amounts of prescription drugs without overdosing, and many many other unrealistic qualities that would never be balanced by being able to look down and see your characters legs.

I dont really understand. Do you look down at your feet when you get scared and they give you the courage to move forward? Do you just have a foot fetish? Theres absolutely no reason to be able to see your legs...

If you REALLY need to see your characters body that badly just play in 3rd person mode :o
Last edited by ღ.:Trixie:.ღ; May 13, 2014 @ 3:24pm
Lesbillionaire May 13, 2014 @ 3:55pm 
^
Well no $hit the use of first aid is the most unrealistic process. But It contains the notion of "hold on, I need rear cover while I'm occupied with healing" And that is what makes it a valid gameplay mechanic. Also comparing this to a purely cosmetic feature is as wise as comparing apples and pears. And who did say that a game needs to be realistic all the way through?
I don't consider this game a realistic simulation myself, but it's the combination of common everyday things and abstract ideas that does it for me, even if it is just a gimmicky feature like seeing the rest of your body. I don't quite see what's not to understand about that, so stop rumbling!
Last edited by Lesbillionaire; May 13, 2014 @ 3:56pm
ღ.:Trixie:.ღ May 13, 2014 @ 10:46pm 
Originally posted by Lesbillionaire:
^Well no $hit the use of first aid is the most unrealistic process. But It contains the notion of "hold on, I need rear cover while I'm occupied with healing" And that is what makes it a valid gameplay mechanic. Also comparing this to a purely cosmetic feature is as wise as comparing apples and pears. And who did say that a game needs to be realistic all the way through?
I don't consider this game a realistic simulation myself, but it's the combination of common everyday things and abstract ideas that does it for me, even if it is just a gimmicky feature like seeing the rest of your body. I don't quite see what's not to understand about that, so stop rumbling!
The part thats hard to understand is that being able to see your legs or not provides absolutely nothing at all to the gameplay experience and is such an insignificant and miniscule "feature" if you even want to call it that. They would only get in the way of your camera. Turtle rock themselves obviously felt the same way which is why they removed it from the game. But like i said you can see your body whenever you want; Just play in thirdperson mode. Your legs would only get in your way in first person whether you have a foot fetish or not.

In the meantime though i'll help you satisfy your apetite for feet :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1xBGZCWSc
Last edited by ღ.:Trixie:.ღ; May 13, 2014 @ 10:54pm
Lesbillionaire May 14, 2014 @ 12:55am 
^ Neither do the §hittons of cosmetic skins from the workshop!
Now you wonder why they are so popular! Also how would they get more in the way than the rest of your viewmodel? I don't usually stand on top of the items I wanna pick up. At most it'd help with spacing in the environment (knowing where you stand in realtion to your enemy). You wouldn't be a floating entity with arms this way either. And stop the fetishism! -////-
Last edited by Lesbillionaire; May 14, 2014 @ 12:58am
Vengeful Waffle May 14, 2014 @ 2:39am 
Originally posted by ♥.:Mrs. McButt:.♥:
Turtle rock themselves obviously felt the same way which is why they removed it from the game.
Uhm, no. Turtle Rock had much less involvement in the second game, it was Valve's decision to cut the body so, and get this, they could fit a measly five more zombies on the screen. Nothing about useless in gameplay, all they wanted was moar zombies. And look where that got us.

Either way, nobody has come up with an elegant solution to the missing body problem, so don't expect to see anything in the near future.
cease May 14, 2014 @ 2:45am 
Originally posted by ♥.:Mrs. McButt:.♥:
L4d1 is superior to l4d2 for the sole reason of being able to look down and see your feet....?

Sorry, no. Why would you care about feet ? Don't you have some action to attend to or some teammate to cover ? Give you feet and you would just complain about being burned by spit when your feet does not seem to touch it.
C= 64 May 14, 2014 @ 2:50am 
Offer to pay the modder and im sure your idea will be fast tracked
Vengeful Waffle May 14, 2014 @ 12:14pm 
Originally posted by cease:
Sorry, no. Why would you care about feet ? Don't you have some action to attend to or some teammate to cover ? Give you feet and you would just complain about being burned by spit when your feet does not seem to touch it.
Quote out of context.

Besides, then we can complain about how weird the acid hitboxes are now so maybe they'll give a damn and fix them in the next game.
Last edited by Vengeful Waffle; May 14, 2014 @ 12:14pm
|B4ST4RDS| Sophia May 14, 2014 @ 2:29pm 
Originally posted by Sonic the zombie:
Offer to pay the modder and im sure your idea will be fast tracked

only useful comment here
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: May 13, 2014 @ 5:54am
Posts: 14