Cpl.-ChAoS- Apr 19 @ 1:43am
Why do most people preffer L4D2 over L4D1 ?
I want your opinions on this.
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Tyrese Apr 19 @ 2:47am 
I assume you mean the campaigns? For me I prefer the variety in them a lot more than I do the L4D1 campaigns in terms of setting. L4D1 was filled with a lot of city or suburb settings at night, not that it's bad but some variety would be nice. L4D2 has a bit more such as starting out in a hotel and ending in a mall, deserted highway to concert, hell even reaching back to where you started is interesting in itself.

Crescendo events and different finales add to the variety as well, you can have the traditional hold out finales (Rain, Swamp, and Carnival for example), the scavenge finales or the Parish rush to the escape vehicle, it's just more variety and more to do than L4D1 had.

Also I personally enjoy the banter the L4D2 team has over the original survivors.
[†]Munkee_King[†] Apr 19 @ 2:48am 
Because it is newer..
Despite left4dead2 having the old levels(which is a joke, they changed the lay out in all of them.), left4dead1 is far better.

First game was more serious, with its share of humor..
Second game is just a quickly thrown together mess.. they could of done alot better if they focused more on it.

Like the fact a charger can hit you while missing you, but go through you while hitting you perfectly.
They made the tank less scary to face, witchs are less sensitive to anything. You can dry hump her and she will just keep growling.

You molly a tank in first game, he speeds up.
You molly him in this game, you can out run him until he burns to death or times out.

Only thing they improved was the hordes seem to be bigger in size in the second game.
Last edited by [†]Munkee_King[†]; Apr 19 @ 2:49am
Tyrese Apr 19 @ 2:53am 
Originally posted by †Mยภкєє ₭!ภg†:
Like the fact a charger can hit you while missing you, but go through you while hitting you perfectly.
I ♥♥♥♥ing hate this so much.
[†]Munkee_King[†] Apr 19 @ 2:56am 
lol.
Bulldogs Apr 19 @ 3:08am 
Because l4d2 is biased toward survivors, tonnes of throwables / consumables tier 2 and melee - this is the crux of l4d2.

L4d1 was more about team orientated play vs rambo bhop emos that l4d2 has?
Wendigo Apr 19 @ 3:30am 
Originally posted by †Mยภкєє ₭!ภg†:
Because it is newer..
Despite left4dead2 having the old levels(which is a joke, they changed the lay out in all of them.), left4dead1 is far better.

First game was more serious, with its share of humor..
Second game is just a quickly thrown together mess.. they could of done alot better if they focused more on it.

Like the fact a charger can hit you while missing you, but go through you while hitting you perfectly.
They made the tank less scary to face, witchs are less sensitive to anything. You can dry hump her and she will just keep growling.

You molly a tank in first game, he speeds up.
You molly him in this game, you can out run him until he burns to death or times out.

Only thing they improved was the hordes seem to be bigger in size in the second game.

You need to rent an l4d2 server. Make the witch alot more sensitive. Return the speed fire boost for tank. And make the tank not being slowed down by bullets as a little twist.

While you're at it, you should also increase boomers vomit range a bit, and make his exploding radius bigger.

:)
Last edited by Wendigo; Apr 19 @ 3:31am
[†]Munkee_King[†] Apr 19 @ 3:32am 
Why rent a server, when I could just turn on the first game?

I think the smoker tongue is longer too.
Last edited by [†]Munkee_King[†]; Apr 19 @ 3:32am
Wendigo Apr 19 @ 3:35am 
Originally posted by †Mยภкєє†:
Why rent a server, when I could just turn on the first game?

I think the smoker tongue is longer too.

Because the biggest amount of players, are having their nests in l4d2.
And I were generally talking about campaign mode.

l4d1 majority only fixes the tank on fire speed bost, and a little more sensitive witch.
Last edited by Wendigo; Apr 19 @ 3:35am
[†]Munkee_King[†] Apr 19 @ 3:38am 
I don't play online unless with friends anyway. lol.
The l4d2 public players are too toxic to deal with.
And l4d1 is pretty much trolls now.
Wendigo Apr 19 @ 3:43am 
Originally posted by †Mยภкєє†:
I don't play online unless with friends anyway. lol.
The l4d2 public players are too toxic to deal with.
And l4d1 is pretty much trolls now.

I see your points, and they are valid.

So I could change direction by saying it like this: If you want more fun playing with your friends, get a server and change it in such a way, that it suits your needs :D

But then again, if you only play l4d1 with your friends, the desire for getting an server, is a bit smaller.
Tyrese Apr 19 @ 5:04am 
Yo is the L4D1 mutation any faithful to the first game?
Windiwock Gimcrack Apr 19 @ 5:24am 
I guess because of the melee system most of all and I think it had vs first, not sure on that though.
Tyrese Apr 19 @ 5:30am 
Actually L4D1 did have versus.
Windiwock Gimcrack Apr 19 @ 5:44am 
Oh I know it does, I couldn't remember if it had it all along though.
Herr Dok'{T.E.R.} Apr 19 @ 5:44am 
Why I prefer L4D2 to the 1st one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1uVi41I1oc
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 19 @ 1:43am
Posts: 51