Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

View Stats:
Mashita! Apr 3, 2014 @ 5:56pm
Install instead Play
And Steam never stops surprising me, 5 minutes ago i started the computer, steam automatically starts after i log in, so i click the Library decided to play L4D2 and what... i see a button that says INSTALL instead Play, i quickly navigate through the hard drive to the steamapps folder and i see the game is there, intact, all of the files.
Nothing happens when i click the install button, the standard "preparing files" window appear but it seems to be stuck, any ideas? O.o

Last week i upgraded my ram from 4 to 16 gigs but the game was perfectly fine.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
nhude Apr 3, 2014 @ 8:06pm 
I'm not quite sure but, have you tried "Backup and Restore Games..." under the Steam drop-down list?
Zoopals Apr 3, 2014 @ 9:52pm 
Once in awhile it asks me to install. It just verifies I have it installed over the next 20 minutes.. *sigh* lol
Visi Apr 3, 2014 @ 10:10pm 
You upgrading your RAM wouldn't affect this. Try verifying the cache if it'll let you.
Can you launch the game from it's directory?
Just click install. It should verify the files. This can happen if the appmanifest file becomes corrupt. If this is a common occurence then something is corrupting the file possibly.
Mashita! Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:11pm 
Originally posted by nhude:
I'm not quite sure but, have you tried "Backup and Restore Games..." under the Steam drop-down list?

i click it and a wild blue screen appears :|

Originally posted by luckyshoes:
Once in awhile it asks me to install. It just verifies I have it installed over the next 20 minutes.. *sigh* lol

Originally posted by Visi:
You upgrading your RAM wouldn't affect this. Try verifying the cache if it'll let you.
Can you launch the game from it's directory?

i've checked cache integrity but nothing happens, i mean, the window is there, i went to sleep hoping for something and when i woke up it was there @ 0% >.<
launching the .exe works, well, at least the intro videos, it instantly crashes when trying to show the menu

Originally posted by ilikeminetoasted:
Just click install. It should verify the files. This can happen if the appmanifest file becomes corrupt. If this is a common occurence then something is corrupting the file possibly.

install button is completely useless :p

kill me pls x.x
Skellington25_ Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:46pm 
Have you tried uninstalling? Deleting local content. Then re-installing the game? I guess if all else fails this would be my next step.
Mashita! Apr 4, 2014 @ 7:24pm 
Originally posted by BoneheaD:
Have you tried uninstalling? Deleting local content. Then re-installing the game? I guess if all else fails this would be my next step.

i guess that's my last option, but it will take a while to download it again x.x thanks anyway ;)
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 3, 2014 @ 5:56pm
Posts: 7