Hank Hill Mar 28 @ 7:57pm
Auto shotguns in Vs?
Thoughts.
I was just in a game, and my team got pretty ♥♥♥♥ed because the entire survivor team was using combat shotguns.

I'm trying to present this with as little bias as possible. Anyway, what are your thoughts on using tier two weapons in versus?
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Restless Mar 28 @ 8:13pm 
There is a reason why competitive players play ProMod/Confogl. t2+ weapons, health kits, grenades, special ammo, shootable objects make survivors absolutely imbalanced in versus mode. Auto-shotties are largely regarded as the most skill-less weapons to use.
Last edited by Restless; Mar 28 @ 8:13pm
Hank Hill Mar 28 @ 8:19pm 
Originally posted by Restless:
There is a reason why competitive players play ProMod/Confogl. t2+ weapons, health kits, grenades, special ammo, shootable objects make survivors absolutely imbalanced in versus mode. Auto-shotties are largely regarded as the most skill-less weapons to use.
I prefer Chrome myself. I wouldn't mind the fact that they're unbalanced if people just had enough decency to not use them. It feels irritating to know that you were about to get a successful pounce, you did everything right, and yet the entire team guns you down with a weapon that turns the competition into glorified fodder.

Chrome or you're a baddie.
Restless Mar 28 @ 8:38pm 
Originally posted by Dr. Enforcicle:
Originally posted by Restless:
There is a reason why competitive players play ProMod/Confogl. t2+ weapons, health kits, grenades, special ammo, shootable objects make survivors absolutely imbalanced in versus mode. Auto-shotties are largely regarded as the most skill-less weapons to use.
I prefer Chrome myself. I wouldn't mind the fact that they're unbalanced if people just had enough decency to not use them. It feels irritating to know that you were about to get a successful pounce, you did everything right, and yet the entire team guns you down with a weapon that turns the competition into glorified fodder.

Chrome or you're a baddie.

Chrome is preferred over Pump due to its tighter spread. Pump is often regarded as the "worse" t1 shotgun, but that doesn't stop players from crowning witches with them anyway. I suggest you look to the ProMod community if you want to experience 'fair' versus matches.
^1B.o.B ^9CrackerNugget Mar 28 @ 8:47pm 
As much as I want to say that this is strategy.... it's just not. It's one thing to use an auto shotgun... it's another thing to spam the living heck out of it. While I personally never complain about it when I play versus, it's still irritating when I go down in 2 seconds because someone spams their weapon without actually having to put effort into aiming.
Last edited by ^1B.o.B ^9CrackerNugget; Mar 28 @ 8:48pm
Hank Hill Mar 29 @ 8:18am 
Originally posted by Restless:
Originally posted by Dr. Enforcicle:
I prefer Chrome myself. I wouldn't mind the fact that they're unbalanced if people just had enough decency to not use them. It feels irritating to know that you were about to get a successful pounce, you did everything right, and yet the entire team guns you down with a weapon that turns the competition into glorified fodder.

Chrome or you're a baddie.

Chrome is preferred over Pump due to its tighter spread. Pump is often regarded as the "worse" t1 shotgun, but that doesn't stop players from crowning witches with them anyway. I suggest you look to the ProMod community if you want to experience 'fair' versus matches.
Not to mention the tighter spread helps in Expert, where friendly fire is basically a death sentence.
Soreasan Mar 29 @ 8:43am 
Honestly i see auto shotguns fine as is. They are spammable, but they're not great if you run out of ammo, get smoked, and they do a hell lot of friendly fire damage when in the hands of any noob who's trying to shoot a jockey/hunter off.

If anything, i'd say the most unbalanced weapon would be a hunting rifle in the hands of a aimbotter who can see exactly where everything is, and instantlly one shot and kill the entire team. (By aimbotting they don't struggle to headshot charging chargers, leaping hunters, and they can see through walls and abuse projectile penetration to kill you through cover.)

But even then, they hardly break the game if the majority of the players can't use them to their full potential.
Restless Mar 29 @ 1:33pm 
Originally posted by Soreasan:
(By aimbotting they don't struggle to headshot charging chargers, leaping hunters, and they can see through walls and abuse projectile penetration to kill you through cover.)

Just an FYI, there are players that can legitimately skeet hunters midair, kill charging chargers, and shoot through walls to kill SI. None of the things you mentioned is conclusive evidence of someone aimbotting.
ᗷᗴᗩᖇ Mar 29 @ 1:42pm 
I dont mind. Going against teams like that just forces you to develop tight infected attacks and to think outsaide the box rather than to just use the same tired tactics and spots every hit. If it werent for situations like this I wouldnt have an arsenal of wtfattacks that could baffle even some of the most experienced teams.
Last edited by ᗷᗴᗩᖇ; Mar 29 @ 1:44pm
Coach Mar 29 @ 1:47pm 
How do you find servers with ProMod/Confogl?
Corvus Mar 29 @ 2:16pm 
Just came out of a versus game in Sacrifice where all survivors and the combat shotguns. Tanks went down veeeery fast. And it was no fun :|
Restless Mar 29 @ 2:20pm 
Originally posted by jack la cour:
How do you find servers with ProMod/Confogl?

Confogl is a mutation, though it is rarely played on PC anymore since ProMod is popular in the community and is still constantly updated. If you want to get into ProMod I suggest you look into the Left2Learn or Academy 4 Dead community.
Hank Hill Mar 29 @ 2:53pm 
Originally posted by Soreasan:
Honestly i see auto shotguns fine as is. They are spammable, but they're not great if you run out of ammo, get smoked, and they do a hell lot of friendly fire damage when in the hands of any noob who's trying to shoot a jockey/hunter off.

If anything, i'd say the most unbalanced weapon would be a hunting rifle in the hands of a aimbotter who can see exactly where everything is, and instantlly one shot and kill the entire team. (By aimbotting they don't struggle to headshot charging chargers, leaping hunters, and they can see through walls and abuse projectile penetration to kill you through cover.)

But even then, they hardly break the game if the majority of the players can't use them to their full potential.
You're only looking at it from the point of view as a survivor. From the PoV of an infected, it's not fun to be mowed down in two seconds by spam. And it's not like they'll only use that. They'll probably use their secondary or a melee to kill commons.
Poyo-San Mar 29 @ 3:13pm 
I can see you guys are all kinda frustrated but you have overlooked something better than just doing away completely with the auto shottie. Instead of no auto shotty, how about all weapons are similar to melee weapons (meaning if there is one on the ground, it can only be picked up once) that, or you know you could all work together to destroy the survivors. I played a match earlier today where everyone had picked up a spas, and they were all covering each other in a tight pack, but a charger scattered em and took one down, a hunter pounced another, a boomer blinded the other two, and while they were in the corner a spitter downed them with one shot.
AND THEY WERE ONLY 5 FEET AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!
I personally like the auto shotgun for whacking hunters on my buddy.
lil_meow Mar 29 @ 9:12pm 
Word on the street is that tanks love 4x spas on thier back/face.
Lee Everett Mar 29 @ 10:41pm 
Auto shotgun is annoying to fight against.
Combat shotguns? That thing kills smokers from 100 miles away.

Originally posted by thatawesomeguy1:
I can see you guys are all kinda frustrated but you have overlooked something better than just doing away completely with the auto shottie. Instead of no auto shotty, how about all weapons are similar to melee weapons (meaning if there is one on the ground, it can only be picked up once) that, or you know you could all work together to destroy the survivors. I played a match earlier today where everyone had picked up a spas, and they were all covering each other in a tight pack, but a charger scattered em and took one down, a hunter pounced another, a boomer blinded the other two, and while they were in the corner a spitter downed them with one shot.
AND THEY WERE ONLY 5 FEET AWAY FROM EACH OTHER!
I personally like the auto shotgun for whacking hunters on my buddy.
Those survivors were just bad players. Plus, are you new to the term "team coordination"?
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 28 @ 7:57pm
Posts: 15