Hiper1010 Mar 21 @ 6:19pm
Why is L4D2 full of noob haters that wanna hate?
Every time I join a server in L4D2 mostly when I have just connected onto a server, in just 5 seconds someone has already started a vote to kick me off the server and if I'm lucky enough then I get time to ask them why do they want to kick me off. They then just say to me that its because I'm a noob and need to learn how to play and because of it I start to just feel really hated and its annoying.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Restless Mar 21 @ 6:49pm 
Because you're probably trying to play Versus games with your hours, and because players have a myriad of reasons to votekick others, whether they're valid reasons or simply trolling you. You either made a mistake, were about to make a mistake, or they simply didn't want to waste their time playing with someone obviously inexperienced with such low hours.

If you want to play public Versus mode games without getting kicked, play with a friend, therefore the votekick cannot pass. You can also look for many of the 10v10 servers which are available through joining the official L4D2 Steam group.
[†]Munkee_King[†] Mar 21 @ 7:48pm 
Because normally a hater wants to hate.

But I see more people get ♥♥♥♥y because people got it for free, more than the fact you are new.. unless you are reaaaaally bad and take 5 minutes to save someone or keep ♥♥♥♥ing off a witch. lol.
JohnnyG118 Mar 21 @ 8:08pm 
Kicking someone for their hours alone is short-sighted. I have low hours on PC, but hundreds of hours from 360.

That being said, I question the accuracy of your post. If it's legitimately happening within seconds of you joining before you've had a chance to do anything, then that's some BS (and I've raised that issue in this forum before). However, what is much more likely is that they're waiting about 45-60 seconds, realizing that you don't know what you're doing in Versus, and kicking you as a result.

This is the cold, harsh truth of versus. In order to be tolerated in 95% of the public games, you must AT A MINIMUM:

1) Know every map by memory and have no risk of getting lost
2) Know every major weapon/ammo/health checkpoint that's on the main route through the level (the ones that never change location)
3) Be able to discern and react to a teammate being pinned (not necessarily clear them of the pin, but react somehow to it) within 1.5 seconds of it occurring WITHOUT having to be TOLD to do it.
4) Be aware of obvious insta-kill zones and at least make the ATTEMPT to avoid them, or capitalize on them if you're Infected (we all get caught out and make mistakes sometimes, of course)

I don't know you dude and I don't mean to pre-judge you, but odds are you're joining matches and making it very apparent that you don't know one or more of these things. Maybe you spawned in as Charger and took some dumbass run at someone when an obvious ledge was coming up. Maybe you walked away from a teammate who was being pinned. Maybe you wandered off in search of pills or something. All of those are cardinal sins in versus and will get you kicked VERY quickly, ESPECIALLY if you have low hours.
Last edited by JohnnyG118; Mar 21 @ 8:12pm
JohnnyG118 Mar 21 @ 8:18pm 
TL;DR - Versus is not Campaign. And being good at campaign, even really good, only equips you with about half of what you're going to need to be effective in versus.

Here's the bottom line if you're playing with me. When I'm Survivor I need to KNOW that I don't need to actively be worrying about you, that you can take care of yourself. I need to KNOW that you will at least TRY to help me if I get into trouble, and you can count on me to do the same. As infected the situation tends to be more fluid, but again I need to KNOW that you're going to play strategically and intelligently without me having to outright direct you.

I'm not intolerant of mistakes, we all make them, and at the end of the day it's only a game. But there's a difference between a "mistake" that's in response to the skills of another player (i.e. you took your charge and missed, because they dodged), and a mistake that stems from your own lack of skill or knowledge.
Mr&MrsCabrera Mar 21 @ 10:27pm 
I have almost no hours since i just bought the game but seem to keep getting top scores on every play through...
Dont hate because of the hours. Thats not nice.
DSIgameboy Mar 21 @ 10:33pm 
If its how many hours you have, and its low. But you have played a TON on hours on the xbox. So just keep the game up when you sleep and there you go! (+moar trading cards)
Mr&MrsCabrera Mar 21 @ 10:35pm 
No. i have bills to pay MLP sir, i aint swimming on the benjamins.
PandaBear Mar 21 @ 10:47pm 
Hey, if I had the game I would totally play with you all the time. I might be getting it tomorrow. Add me?
Originally posted by Mr&MrsCabrera:
I have almost no hours since i just bought the game but seem to keep getting top scores on every play through...
Dont hate because of the hours. Thats not nice.

That's like saying you're the sprinkles on a ♥♥♥♥ sundae, those others are probably just god awful players.
Magic~NeonError_ɢεя_ Mar 22 @ 3:12am 
try to get more hours then 200 and its oke. the proplems are gone. cause im one of them who say no its noob go out... but. thats only if i want to win. if its no matter i can loose and get no points, dint care. if u want you cann add me =)^^ ill help u to get more "skill" and hours. =) im always there. everyday
Hiper1010 Mar 22 @ 4:56am 
Originally posted by DeadDarkness:
try to get more hours then 200 and its oke. the proplems are gone. cause im one of them who say no its noob go out... but. thats only if i want to win. if its no matter i can loose and get no points, dint care. if u want you cann add me =)^^ ill help u to get more "skill" and hours. =) im always there. everyday
Okay thanks for the help! ^-^
Hiper1010 Mar 22 @ 4:57am 
Originally posted by Panda :3:
Hey, if I had the game I would totally play with you all the time. I might be getting it tomorrow. Add me?
I will sometime! :D
Hiper1010 Mar 22 @ 4:58am 
Originally posted by Restless:
Because you're probably trying to play Versus games with your hours, and because players have a myriad of reasons to votekick others, whether they're valid reasons or simply trolling you. You either made a mistake, were about to make a mistake, or they simply didn't want to waste their time playing with someone obviously inexperienced with such low hours.

If you want to play public Versus mode games without getting kicked, play with a friend, therefore the votekick cannot pass. You can also look for many of the 10v10 servers which are available through joining the official L4D2 Steam group.
I would but most of the time after sending a invite to about 7 friends none of them join most of the time. But I will give it a try.
Last edited by Hiper1010; Mar 22 @ 4:58am
Graggi_im_Nebenzimmer Mar 22 @ 6:06am 
If you need help with the game in getting better at it, then you can add me. I for sure can tell you that I'm experienced enough to teach someone how to play this game (My friends even don't want to play against me and some of them even have more hours then me :P).
I will reveal to you all my knowledge i have.
Big_Jojo_大周周 Mar 22 @ 8:19am 
Noob, or as I call it, "the other N-word", is one I’m sick and tired of. 18 years of on-line gaming and some people still don’t get it. You’re playing a game over the internet with people you usually don’t know. Therefore, you’re going to encounter a wide variety of skill levels. That’s the nature of the environment. Period. Deal with it or go play bingo at your local retirement center.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 21 @ 6:19pm
Posts: 20