Mei Ling 陈 Jan 26 @ 11:17pm
horde is not as strong as in l4d
l4d1 has the best horde ever.. the horde on 2 is very weak. :(
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Eleazaros Jan 27 @ 12:45am 
Originally posted by †Munkee†:
they need more commons, and more in the hordes. zombie world, u think of streets flooded with zombies.. but in the whole city of 3 blocks, u find like 100 lol.

What game do you play?

I average over 500 zombies per hour playing - meaning *I* kill over 500 of them as 1 member of a team.

Some settings (advanced and expert), you get them coming at you 1-2 per team member at a time, in a fairly constant streamas you move, then a flood then 1-2 again... It wears you down if you don't keep moving with a nip here or there as you go - losing health at a slow rate.

I've played l4d and some of the same maps are a joke in l4d vs l4d2 - turret gun at a ramp? Not a constant stream of zombies you have to get through? MUCH easier to do and far less zombies at a few different encounters on the SAME maps shared between the 2 games.
[†]Munkee_King[†] Jan 27 @ 2:02am 
Originally posted by Eleazaros:
Originally posted by †Munkee†:
they need more commons, and more in the hordes. zombie world, u think of streets flooded with zombies.. but in the whole city of 3 blocks, u find like 100 lol.

What game do you play?

I average over 500 zombies per hour playing - meaning *I* kill over 500 of them as 1 member of a team.

Some settings (advanced and expert), you get them coming at you 1-2 per team member at a time, in a fairly constant streamas you move, then a flood then 1-2 again... It wears you down if you don't keep moving with a nip here or there as you go - losing health at a slow rate.

I've played l4d and some of the same maps are a joke in l4d vs l4d2 - turret gun at a ramp? Not a constant stream of zombies you have to get through? MUCH easier to do and far less zombies at a few different encounters on the SAME maps shared between the 2 games.

i said, when u think of zombies.
Bulldogs Jan 27 @ 2:20am 
They dumbed down the difficulty in part 2 compared to 1 for survivors.

Survivors (even vets) want to have their hand held for the most part, tanks a weakling, infected spawn times are way to long, witch is a weakling recharge timers on infected abilities are to high.

Way to many medkits etc, melee weapons and tier 2, heck even with pro mod or confogl etc it still is way to easy as survivor.

Anyways the point is gamers today like having their hand held, if its difficult they whinge and so devs wanna sell games so they cater for the (m)asses.
gorman (back 12th august) Jan 27 @ 2:54am 
Damn I'm glad I made the hordes bigger in my server. And also made an horde spawn a bit more frequent.

Default horde common limit = 30
My server = 60

And the horde spawn 20% faster, compared to normal respawn time.
Last edited by gorman (back 12th august); Jan 27 @ 2:55am
Barry Burton Jan 27 @ 3:19am 
Originally posted by Q*Bert:
They dumbed down the difficulty in part 2 compared to 1 for survivors.

Survivors (even vets) want to have their hand held for the most part, tanks a weakling, infected spawn times are way to long, witch is a weakling recharge timers on infected abilities are to high.

Way to many medkits etc, melee weapons and tier 2, heck even with pro mod or confogl etc it still is way to easy as survivor.

Anyways the point is gamers today like having their hand held, if its difficult they whinge and so devs wanna sell games so they cater for the (m)asses.


Corner camping with 4 auto-shotties of doom says hi ;p
Bouncer Jan 27 @ 7:40am 
Originally posted by Firecracker:
Originally posted by Q*Bert:
They dumbed down the difficulty in part 2 compared to 1 for survivors.

Survivors (even vets) want to have their hand held for the most part, tanks a weakling, infected spawn times are way to long, witch is a weakling recharge timers on infected abilities are to high.

Way to many medkits etc, melee weapons and tier 2, heck even with pro mod or confogl etc it still is way to easy as survivor.

Anyways the point is gamers today like having their hand held, if its difficult they whinge and so devs wanna sell games so they cater for the (m)asses.


Corner camping with 4 auto-shotties of doom says hi ;p

Gee, what are you, a noob? Camping requires skill, running through a Versus level at a fast pace however is super easy.

That was sarcasm.

I, for one, like how you can't win a game by camping in a corner thanks to the Spitter and Charger. I've never played L4D1, but I did play L4D2 before the safe corner in the stadium of Dark Carnival was changed. That corner was hell to take down even with Spitters, Tanks and Chargers and often resulted in an easy victory for the survivors, and since 2 of those infected weren't in L4D1, every single finale and hold-out must've been a total joke in that game.

Anyway, I assume the hordes of L4D2 are made a lil' bit weaker to balance out the fact that the Special Infected got buffed quite a lot. The SI can now deal with any strategy the survivors use, so there is less reliance on them getting weared down or seperated by non-Boomer spawned mobs. At least, I think that's why here ain't no L4D2 maps besides the Barns were zombies keep pouring out of the damn Safe Room even if yer 2 feet away from it.
Luigi Jan 27 @ 8:23am 
Originally posted by Bouncer:
Originally posted by Firecracker:


Corner camping with 4 auto-shotties of doom says hi ;p

Gee, what are you, a noob? Camping requires skill, running through a Versus level at a fast pace however is super easy.

That was sarcasm.

I, for one, like how you can't win a game by camping in a corner thanks to the Spitter and Charger. I've never played L4D1, but I did play L4D2 before the safe corner in the stadium of Dark Carnival was changed. That corner was hell to take down even with Spitters, Tanks and Chargers and often resulted in an easy victory for the survivors, and since 2 of those infected weren't in L4D1, every single finale and hold-out must've been a total joke in that game.

Anyway, I assume the hordes of L4D2 are made a lil' bit weaker to balance out the fact that the Special Infected got buffed quite a lot. The SI can now deal with any strategy the survivors use, so there is less reliance on them getting weared down or seperated by non-Boomer spawned mobs. At least, I think that's why here ain't no L4D2 maps besides the Barns were zombies keep pouring out of the damn Safe Room even if yer 2 feet away from it.
This.
daniu -TLG- Jan 30 @ 6:21am 
Originally posted by Bouncer:
Camping requires skill
[...]
I've never played L4D1
Yes, you clearly haven't.
NumberVIII Jan 30 @ 8:38am 
Originally posted by daniu -TLG-:
Originally posted by Bouncer:
Camping requires skill
[...]
I've never played L4D1
Yes, you clearly haven't.
He also stated that that was sarcasm.
Last edited by NumberVIII; Jan 30 @ 8:38am
(C|F) toddlir Jan 30 @ 11:49am 
The main reason l4d hordes are easier to handle is the fact that there is no limmit to the shoving. You really just neet to find a corner and shove. The same may perhaps apply a little with melee's in l4d2 but then you have spitters as mentioned above.

If you have a problem with a way to easy game, play realism expert, or iron man, honestly, if you can survive that with no problem at all then you are super awesome but I can't.
ɢʟαѕѕ Jan 30 @ 2:03pm 
Because of melee weapons, an instant-kill unlimited weapon kinda does that to a game.
[†]Munkee_King[†] Jan 30 @ 2:27pm 
is it just me.. more are witches easier in l4d2?

in l4d 1, if i ran passed her and forgot my light, she would get instantly ♥♥♥♥ed and run at me. this game. i put the light on and off on her and she just growls for like 10 seconds. i back up,

HELL, i stood on her head by mistake.. didnt see her, heard her growling, looked down and was her under me growling
(C|F) toddlir Jan 31 @ 3:52am 
Yes now that you mention it, I also miss the importance of having to turn of the light so you don't startle a witch. In l4d the witches was super scary, in l4d2 they are target practice or as much of an obstacle as a rock.
gorman (back 12th august) Jan 31 @ 4:15am 
The witch: Another thing I also fixed in my server. She gets startled alot easier. A little bit more compared to her counterpart in l4d1.

SOmetimes, you just gotta hate a few default settings in l4d2.
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 26 @ 11:17pm
Posts: 33