Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

View Stats:
Billy_Roflcopter.BMG Aug 21, 2014 @ 6:05pm
Tips?
I just started playing recently and I'd appreciate some tips. ALSO: Is there a sprint button?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
JellyDogeJello Aug 21, 2014 @ 6:14pm 
only sprint is in half life
Visi Aug 21, 2014 @ 6:50pm 
No sprint. The default movement speed is running. As for tips... well, here is a copypaste of another post of mine:

Originally posted by Visi:
~Use resources responsibly; don't be wasteful

~Share with teammates that need things more than you. You can see everyone's inventory (if you can call it that) so there's no excuse for chugging a bottle of pills when you have 90+ health to pick up another when a teammate doesn't have any.

~Don't shoot others, and don't set them on fire.

~Prioritize a teammate's health over killing the SI attacking them. Meaning, if someone is smoked, don't chase down the smoker shooting them while your teammate is being strangled. Shove the teammate to free them, then focus on the SI.

~For God's sake, use your pistol(s)/magnum when you're incapped, not only to cover yourself but also to cover the person picking you up.

~Stay with the group. Even if you're a super badass and can run ahead with no issues, it's polite to go at the pace the rest of the group is going.

~Don't start crescendos when others are clearly not ready. Communicate, whether through text or vocal commands.
Last edited by Visi; Aug 21, 2014 @ 6:50pm
Blaquicat Aug 21, 2014 @ 8:48pm 
Originally posted by Visi:
No sprint. The default movement speed is running. As for tips... well, here is a copypaste of another post of mine:

Originally posted by Visi:
~Use resources responsibly; don't be wasteful

~Share with teammates that need things more than you. You can see everyone's inventory (if you can call it that) so there's no excuse for chugging a bottle of pills when you have 90+ health to pick up another when a teammate doesn't have any.

~Don't shoot others, and don't set them on fire.

~Prioritize a teammate's health over killing the SI attacking them. Meaning, if someone is smoked, don't chase down the smoker shooting them while your teammate is being strangled. Shove the teammate to free them, then focus on the SI.

~For God's sake, use your pistol(s)/magnum when you're incapped, not only to cover yourself but also to cover the person picking you up.

~Stay with the group. Even if you're a super badass and can run ahead with no issues, it's polite to go at the pace the rest of the group is going.

~Don't start crescendos when others are clearly not ready. Communicate, whether through text or vocal commands.
^
Nice tips.
Billy_Roflcopter.BMG Aug 21, 2014 @ 8:51pm 
I appreciate the help
Кумган Вскипел Aug 21, 2014 @ 10:18pm 
stay with a group, even if you super badass and reading noobster tips lol
Molten Aug 22, 2014 @ 1:46am 
Don't use the grenade launcher. I know it's tempting but you will in most cases do more harm than good.
Seyes17 Aug 22, 2014 @ 5:49am 
Originally posted by Molten:
Don't use the grenade launcher. I know it's tempting but you will in most cases do more harm than good.

Not entirely true, this only happens when idiots use it to shoot the zombie in front of their face instead of bash killing them.
Vengeful Waffle Aug 22, 2014 @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by Molten:
Don't use the grenade launcher. I know it's tempting but you will in most cases do more harm than good.

The grenade launcher is actually a great tool, but you need to learn when to use it. Use it primarily for taking down far-away Specials and large clustered hordes, again at a distance. Close-range GL shots are only for acts of desperation or to save yourself from a hostile Witch. I certainly do not recommend it for newbies, though. It takes some learning to get used to so you can land the most effective shots.
Last edited by Vengeful Waffle; Aug 22, 2014 @ 8:17pm
C´cont Heart.gc Aug 23, 2014 @ 1:31pm 
1st of learn ALL of mentioned above, learn how...

-Stop the pounce of Hunter. Jockey, Smoker
-How stop the vomit of Boomer
-How cut/avoid the tongue of Smoker when he catches you

& after..

-How kill the witch very quickly with the SPAS or Automatic Shotgun
-How avoid the punches of the Tank & how kill it easy with no damage.(this point, when you tries to play "Mutation, The last man of the Earth, Expert Mode" its results are 100% effective)

Good luck & Keep training dude (:
Last edited by C´cont Heart.gc; Aug 23, 2014 @ 1:33pm
Blaquicat Aug 23, 2014 @ 3:58pm 
Originally posted by GreenHeart Lvl 4.0:
1st of learn ALL of mentioned above, learn how...

-Stop the pounce of Hunter. Jockey, Smoker
-How stop the vomit of Boomer
-How cut/avoid the tongue of Smoker when he catches you

& after..

-How kill the witch very quickly with the SPAS or Automatic Shotgun
-How avoid the punches of the Tank & how kill it easy with no damage.(this point, when you tries to play "Mutation, The last man of the Earth, Expert Mode" its results are 100% effective)

Good luck & Keep training dude (:
Nice tips..
souplex city Aug 23, 2014 @ 7:43pm 
stip 1: shoot zombies
stip 2: get to the safe room
stip 3: leave the buts behind
stip 4: steal the health kits
stip 5: grab an m16
stip 6: ???
stip 7: profit
DeaDrone May 5 @ 5:24am 
heres some tips
tip 1: try bunny hopping its faster for survivours check this for tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz-F9tyUSpU
tip 2: for scavenger or the cola mission in dead center, throw the cola and then bash so your cola will go farther or gas can.
tip 3: if a smoker gets you cut his tounge with a meele i think it only works with sharp weaps also you can drop a propane or fuel tank on its tounge or even the cola!

also i take no credit for this i got these tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEWIe3YRq7Y there are alot more parts for the tips here its best you check it and agian i take no credit for this.
ᗷᗴᗩᖇ May 5 @ 6:12am 
Stay away from versus until you know the maps better than you kow the backs of your hands and advanced feels like an absolute breeze to complete.
Seyes17 May 5 @ 9:53am 
Funny how people brought this topic back to life.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 21, 2014 @ 6:05pm
Posts: 15