Game freezing solution works 100%
As many of us suffered from game freezing issues, including me - had to restart the game 3 times out of game freezing issue of the 4 runs from scratch. I also read and tested thoroughly about decreasing inventory and keeping just the gears we use is only a minor part of the solution. After testing through the game from suffering the issue again and again, that includes going naked and selling all my gears and potions with reseting all skill points with no investing at all, but just picking up any item would cause the game to freeze. So I have come up with several facts that will help you 100% of having a smooth playthrough without freezing through the main campaign and all 3 dlc if you're experiencing the same issue. Before I continue, I'm going to state one of the main reason why is this happening: the fact is all 3 dlc was not release at the same time with the main campaign and the developers fail to include more store memory space for the dlc has cause the game to overload the maximum available memory space of this game which is 600kb. And while we thought to 'perfect' our main campaign has taken up more available space than necessary to include space for the dlc and several important items. Now that we got that cleared out, here are the tips to enjoying a smooth run through of Darksiders 2 + 3 DLC:
For even running the first playthrough in hard mode will work and ways to save memory space:
1. Ancient Tome will take up space - solution is to minimize access to only 1 Tome, unless you need the achievement. I chose the Tri-stone one.
2. Opening any chest will take up space - solution is to open large chest that contain only maps and keys is greatly suggested. Although you can still get away with opening a few chest in death tomb. If you need new gears, get it from the venders or monster drops.
3. Avoid picking up floating Legendary items takes up space - solution is Legendary weapons will carry through to NG+ so do it at the second playthrough, unless they are quest related like Thane's quest.
4. Avoid exploring unecessary areas in any map/exploring is one of the main reasons that takes up so much stored memories - solution is if you know that area only contains unimportant chest or items then avoid it to mimimize the memory usage. Example, Death Tomb I(only useless talisman, chest and gilt), 3rd DLC - one of the chest area.
5. Avoid picking up scrolls like Gnomad or Arbiter's, because both scolls will follow you through your NG+ and the Scyth from Gnomad, despite that you collected weapon from the first playthrough will appear again on the NG+ - solution is to just leave it, you can't sell any scrolls and they take up space. If you need directions for arbiter's maze - google it or guide.
6. Avoid keeping any Crucible's tickets in your inventory for the first run - solution is to leave it in your Ancient Tomb until NG+. The first run through max level is 22 and is pointless to do it if you want to get end game items and achievements.
7. Avoid keeping too many items in your inventory - solution is having 1 or 2 whole set is fine, will only take up around 2~5kb memory, but don't push it.
Goals for the first playthrough:
1. Gears - level or gilt set to quickly play through to NG+.
2. Get all the DLC legendary weapons and playthrough - when you successfully avoid all the don'ts, you're looking at around 462.00kb stored memory with 600.00kb as maximum stored memory. Each DLC contains around 20kb x 3DLC is around 60kb(if you don't keep the legendaries and sell them) or 70kb(if you do) and legendary items will carry over to your NG+
3. Boatman Coins, Stonebites and Relics - yes they do take up space and so are using them to create permanent stat increase is worth it, which is why you need to make space for them.
4. Don't worry about missing any legendary gears, because if you don't pick them up all the ones remain floating around will carry through to NG+. But if you pick them up and sell them, they will remain gone in NG+ even after you finish the quest the second time, except Chaos Fang, Pauldron of the Horsemen, Grim Talisman, Gnomad Scyth and Abyssal set.
5. If you use level gear throughout the game, by the end of the first playthrough you will max out to level 22 before the game ends with a few quest, you can avoid these quest because they will cause you to explore more areas and take up memory space. Some reward will not give you skill points but only gilt and exp(useless if you are max level). Unless you need the achievement.
6. Recommend weapons for the first playthrough are to just use legendary, because possessed weapon cost money and lvl1~lvl22 possessed weapons are not worth it. Even if you get a level gear, do quest and finish the first playthrough including all 3dlc(like I did) you will still end up with at least 1000000+ gilt for no intentionally using gilt gear or midas touch legendary items.
Goals for NG+:
1. Finish leveling to lvl30 and keep demonheart and hoardseeker to get more gears.
2. Since your store memory will get reset with only your current gears carried over from first playthrough that will take up space, now is the time to play a 'perfect' playthrough. Since you already got all the DLC legendaries, there is no good reason to go back and explore the DLCs because everything you can get from the DLC, you can also get it from the main campaign.
3. Save Boatman Coins for level30 because the coins will carry through at NG+.
Overall, if you insist on playing a 'perfect' playthrough, that means getting all the secondary quest, getting all scrolls, stonebites, relics, and boatman coins. Opening up every chest including DLCs and exploring every single place and unlocking all the items etc. Then the maximum length of safeplay will only be through the main campaign with 2 out of 3 dlc.
Hope these tips will help, let me know if there is anything to be improve. I will also update new solutions if further discover.
Last edited by Ravage
Dec 21, 2012 @ 2:21am