Posted: June 28
After almost 20 hours of continuously playing I'm finally done. This has really been that one game, that has finally revived my hunger for actually playing games. Where to start, you start as a warrior named war (hence the pun :D) fighting against 2 factions, heaven and hell to regain balance. As most people I started by reading some reviews, then I stumbled across this one review which said '' please don't play this game on easy, you'll regret as hell'' so I followed his advice, took normal, now that I'm done I highly regret not playing on apocalyptic (hardest difficulty). So please, don't be as foolish as me and play this game on apocalyptic mode and just enjoy it. Now to some pros and cons
- The story is just amazing IMO, you're a horseman, you're one of the 4 horsemen who serve as the law, balance and order between Hell, Heaven and Earth. I really recommend you see all cutscenes and just follow the story and never miss a shot, cause man you'll regret like hell.
- The voice actors are just amazing, the way they talk, how they talk and just everything, there's always something new to expect in each cutscene.
- Dialogue is amazing, not just the voice actors.
- The best way to put the combat is that it's hack and slash, use combos, any kind of combos you desire, buy, explore and slaughter.
- Terrain and environment is good, it ranges from different areas and ''worlds'' to explore, everything from new york (if I'm not mistaken) to huge deserts where hostile threats are yet to be found.
- As the game progresses you'll obtain new items, upgrades, special moves, and character upgrades (different tokens, health and wrath)
- Creativity is shown, the economy here isn't the typical gold, or dollars, here you deal with 3 different type of souls, money1, wrath2 and health3. Blue1, yellow2 and green3 ( Number behind indicates which colour is for which thing.)
- Graphics are good. cutscenes are good, nothing bad which I've noticed
- Music is quite good, it fits the situations you're in perfectly, it's basically this Synchronisation that's highly appealing and creates this dramatic effect.
- Game might crash when you alt+tab and enter back to the game, so if you must alt+tab, remember to save right before you do.
- too many puzzles at certain times, but look at the bright side, if you like challenges and like to exercise your brain, this will be no con to you.
- Some bosses are just too easy, it isn't overwhelmingly easy, but they just don't feel as hard as they should have ( might be cause I played in normal and not apocalyptic, silly me :C)
Conclusion: I would just like to say that I had a really good time playing this, at times I got shivers down my neck and goose bumps by the story alone. This is one of the best games I've played in a long while, I got this constant thrill and at times my adrenaline was just soo high. If you are considering on purchasing this, stop hesitating and just buy this. It's really worth it, if you are a tf2 trader, go to market and buy the franchise pack for 5 keys, it's worth every single penny, I promise. that's all I had to say.
Personal score 10/10