Left 4 Dead > General Discussions > Topic Details
Uberwatch Jan 18, 2013 @ 2:45pm
Left 4 Dead should have Steam Workshop support
I used L4dmaps now and then but they, if L4D2 is having Steam workshop support so should the first one. It would definitely help the community since some people may not want to bother downloading custom content from third-party websites and wait times.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
RainingMetal Jan 18, 2013 @ 4:08pm 
I mentioned this on the L4D2 workshop. Too bad a lot of trolls are claiming that there's no reason to do so.
Uberwatch Jan 18, 2013 @ 4:20pm 
Originally posted by RainingMetal:
I mentioned this on the L4D2 workshop. Too bad a lot of trolls are claiming that there's no reason to do so.

Every game should have steam workshop if the game provides a proper modding experience. No exceptions.

Just my opinion.
Sir Valence Jan 18, 2013 @ 6:41pm 
I prefer the original, so I completely agree that it should have Steam Workshop support.
Jason Jan 18, 2013 @ 11:04pm 
Me too. I have number 2 on xbox, but 1 is a lot better in my opinion. I hope they do add Steam workshop for it sometime.
The Sightless Scopesman Jan 19, 2013 @ 6:59am 
Originally posted by RainingMetal:
I mentioned this on the L4D2 workshop. Too bad a lot of trolls are claiming that there's no reason to do so.
Start an announcement on your Left 4 Dead 1 Lives group, have a petition of sorts and send it to valve. Maybe they will make a Left 4 Dead 1 workshop if enough people sign it.
Dr Chaos MK Jan 20, 2013 @ 8:39am 
I totally agree. They should have the workshop for L4D 1. Ever since it came out a few days ago for L4D 2, my interest in the game was revived. Been defintely playing more since the workshop came out. I think others would get back into this game if they did release the workshop for it.
Uberwatch Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:08am 
Originally posted by Dr Chaos MK:
I totally agree. They should have the workshop for L4D 1. Ever since it came out a few days ago for L4D 2, my interest in the game was revived. Been defintely playing more since the workshop came out. I think others would get back into this game if they did release the workshop for it.

I definitely prefer L4D than L4D2. I don't like pulling custom content from l4dmaps anymore and I think workshop will revive this game so much. Probably repeating myself here but Valve make it happen! They should give workshop support to all their games!
4sng_Respawnz Feb 6, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
I like them both, but I do wish that all the old L4D files were as easy to get, just by hitting a 'subscribe' button. If yall start a petition, I'll sign it.
Frank Feb 6, 2013 @ 8:57pm 
I have no real interest in L4D2. My personal opinion is that they ruined what could have been an awesome franchise with that game. It felt almost like a sitcom that was recast and reset mid-season. I would love to see some support for L4D, I would buy it again (have it on xbox) if they came out with a steam workshop for it.
And a LOT of people I know feel the same way.
Marcus101RR Feb 7, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
There is a problem with Left 4 Dead getting workshop in case anyone hasn't noticed this. Particularly, Model Mods, such as Characters, Weapons, Items, and Object models cannot be simply pasted into your addons folder and used.

Left 4 Dead, unlike Left 4 Dead 2, require you to modify your vpk file and trick the game to use your addons folder instead.
The Sightless Scopesman Feb 8, 2013 @ 6:04am 
Originally posted by Marcus101RR:
There is a problem with Left 4 Dead getting workshop in case anyone hasn't noticed this. Particularly, Model Mods, such as Characters, Weapons, Items, and Object models cannot be simply pasted into your addons folder and used.

Left 4 Dead, unlike Left 4 Dead 2, require you to modify your vpk file and trick the game to use your addons folder instead.
I installed addons and I didn't have to modify any files in order to use addons. At least not the maps I've tried.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 18, 2013 @ 2:45pm
Posts: 11