Left 4 Dead > General Discussions > Topic Details
TheFriendlyBroski Jun 29 @ 3:17pm
L4D2 comes with all campaigns from L4D1 = Do not buy L4D1
There is no point in buying this if Left 4 Dead 2, basically comes with the first game.
Showing 1-15 of 110 comments
< >
neo Jun 29 @ 3:29pm 
That argument is invalid because some people prefer the l4d1 feel and more simplistic gameplay. I hate l4d2 but love l4d1 and im not alone. Just my 2 cents
The Gooter Jun 29 @ 3:32pm 
i agree with neo's 2 cents

we have currently raised 4cents
TheFriendlyBroski Jun 29 @ 3:34pm 
Only read I would get L4D1 is just to not experience the infected known as the Jocky
M. M. Fordham Jun 29 @ 3:39pm 
I'm planning on getting L4D1 for PC, and I hate L4D2. L4D1 weapons, models, gameplay, all better.
TheFriendlyBroski Jun 29 @ 3:40pm 
This is what I do not understand, what is the difference in gameplay?
It seems identical to me
treadbolt020 Jun 29 @ 4:44pm 
Oooh yeah left 4 dead 2 is so great with the left 4 dead campaigns ported l4d2 is so great lets go to a mall and a carnival in a middle of a zombie apocolaypse
Marcus101RR Jun 29 @ 4:53pm 
l4d1 wins my money and modding skills, meanshile l4d2 too much broken boobs hanging out.
Raptor Jun 29 @ 7:48pm 
♥♥♥♥ off you are ♥♥♥♥
Go Towards The Light Jun 29 @ 11:46pm 
ya I don't play L4D2 anymore. When it came out and I had put 300+ hours into the first one, at that point, having the second one was a nice change of pace. But After 200+ hours of that one it just got dull, the boring L4D1 parody atmosphere really started killing the whole experience.

L4D2 content is really great from a game-play mechanics stand point, however atmospherically and contextually its just off-putting for lack of a better word. Valve has done a lot of things wrong with the release of L4D1 AND 2.

For instance, the technology for rendering the light sources for all 4 survivors flashlights was CLEARLY in the game as is verifiable by youtube videos showing real time beta game play. However, when the game was released this feature was clearly disabled and left out of the configurable options. We know this as fact in 2014 by the release of Contagion and its ability to choose how many flashlight sources are rendered.

I understand wanting your game to mass market and be usable on most systems but quite clearly Valve keeps most of the Source engine capabilities locked down for rather unspecific reasons. In 2009 GPU limitation would make sense to lock down the flashlight rendering feature, however it doesn't make sense to not unlock that feature now 5 years later, when other source games are clearly using the feature, and L4D1 was CLEARLY made with that feature implemented to begin with.

Source2 is a lie all together, all they are going to do is update their software to be capable of more robust modern visualization technologies. Valve wowed us back in the day with Source when it came to showing us shader capabilities and particle effects. I expect they've spent sums of money continuing development of their visualization technlogies blah blah blah, lost interest in finishing this becsause i realized its a thirty page essay about how Valve is a bunch of dumb dumbs give me my multiple flashlight renderings!!!
RainingMetal Jun 30 @ 4:22am 
Another fool who can't see the fine differences. I'd list them all in detail, but that would be like playing Mozart to a tree frog.
Ejot112 Jun 30 @ 6:39am 
What you people dont understand is that, they made left for dead 2 to continue a story of this zombie apocolypse, ok? if they didnt make Left for dead 2, than left for dead one would be very boring and make no sence, Reason being is that, left for dead 1 only has 6 weapons total (All guns, no melee weapons), 4 campains (excluding dlc) and only 4 Special zombies (including the tank). With little to none variety not many people are going to cling on to this game series with out some. So when they decided to make l4d2 they put in more guns, more zombies, and more maps so people can have new experiences than just the same 4 maps with the same 6 weapons and the same zombies over and over and over again. And if you Truly hated l4d2 you are a Jaded A-hole, Come on man, you seriously hate slicing zombies heads open with a Katana? whats wrong with you, Also if L4D2 was seriously that "Complicated" for you to play then you need an IQ check cuz, no, its not, its almost Directly the same game. And even know i DID like left 4 dead 1 a little better, im defending Left for dead 2 because, i have respect for "Left 4 Dead" AS a Whole, Not a segregated game series like Call of Duty
MeSive Jun 30 @ 10:32am 
And dont forget how they butchered the original left 4 dead maps, they didnt even had L4D 1 survivor animations they were just skins. Atmosphere is gone, new characters are dull compared to original cast, more bugs and glitches and so on. Do we need ton of weapons? I think the original 5 was pretty balanced. Also half of the new weapons are worse compared to older game.(scar, army shotgun,sniper lot weaker in my opinion). We can go forever like this, for me adding original maps, constant mocking of the game and overpowering of special infected with every third update killed left 4 dead 2 for me.
treadbolt020 Jun 30 @ 4:32pm 
Originally posted by Ejot112:
What you people dont understand is that, they made left for dead 2 to continue a story of this zombie apocolypse, ok? if they didnt make Left for dead 2, than left for dead one would be very boring and make no sence, Reason being is that, left for dead 1 only has 6 weapons total (All guns, no melee weapons), 4 campains (excluding dlc) and only 4 Special zombies (including the tank). With little to none variety not many people are going to cling on to this game series with out some. So when they decided to make l4d2 they put in more guns, more zombies, and more maps so people can have new experiences than just the same 4 maps with the same 6 weapons and the same zombies over and over and over again. And if you Truly hated l4d2 you are a Jaded A-hole, Come on man, you seriously hate slicing zombies heads open with a Katana? whats wrong with you, Also if L4D2 was seriously that "Complicated" for you to play then you need an IQ check cuz, no, its not, its almost Directly the same game. And even know i DID like left 4 dead 1 a little better, im defending Left for dead 2 because, i have respect for "Left 4 Dead" AS a Whole, Not a segregated game series like Call of Duty

>only 4 Special zombies (including the tank).

In the original L4D you had special's that would tear you apart in L4D2 you have a zombie jumping on your back Do you REALLY want that? When i want enemies who make me laugh I go to TF2 not my favorite zombie game

>And if you truly hated l4d2 you are a jaded A-hole, Come on man, You seriously hate slicing zombies heads open with a kantana?

And the funny part is somebody has a kantana LYING in their backyard OOOooooo a ninja must have lived there and is now a Zombie! Better watch out for the new special infected who now slices you open with swords!

>Directly the same game.

Please tell me why would the military set up an evac center in a MALL or why even would you go to a CARNIVAL in a middle of a zombie apocolaypse? And just to sum it up there was a Random chopper there I highly doubt the chopper pilot would go to a carnival And do you really think your going to find supplies or your beloved Kantana? The survivors gave no care for the apocolaypse all they'd do is joke around because they were the last people on earth Also the VERY first campaign the first panic event was get some guy some coke.. Are you kidding me? If this were the role of the L4D1 survivors they'd argue with him and eventually he'd call in the zombies and maybe he would turn into a Special infected and then you clear the tanker with something Useful in there not get some guy some Coke.
Ejot112 Jun 30 @ 7:49pm 
Originally posted by treadbolt020:
Originally posted by Ejot112:
What you people dont understand is that, they made left for dead 2 to continue a story of this zombie apocolypse, ok? if they didnt make Left for dead 2, than left for dead one would be very boring and make no sence, Reason being is that, left for dead 1 only has 6 weapons total (All guns, no melee weapons), 4 campains (excluding dlc) and only 4 Special zombies (including the tank). With little to none variety not many people are going to cling on to this game series with out some. So when they decided to make l4d2 they put in more guns, more zombies, and more maps so people can have new experiences than just the same 4 maps with the same 6 weapons and the same zombies over and over and over again. And if you Truly hated l4d2 you are a Jaded A-hole, Come on man, you seriously hate slicing zombies heads open with a Katana? whats wrong with you, Also if L4D2 was seriously that "Complicated" for you to play then you need an IQ check cuz, no, its not, its almost Directly the same game. And even know i DID like left 4 dead 1 a little better, im defending Left for dead 2 because, i have respect for "Left 4 Dead" AS a Whole, Not a segregated game series like Call of Duty

>only 4 Special zombies (including the tank).

In the original L4D you had special's that would tear you apart in L4D2 you have a zombie jumping on your back Do you REALLY want that? When i want enemies who make me laugh I go to TF2 not my favorite zombie game

>And if you truly hated l4d2 you are a jaded A-hole, Come on man, You seriously hate slicing zombies heads open with a kantana?

And the funny part is somebody has a kantana LYING in their backyard OOOooooo a ninja must have lived there and is now a Zombie! Better watch out for the new special infected who now slices you open with swords!

>Directly the same game.

Please tell me why would the military set up an evac center in a MALL or why even would you go to a CARNIVAL in a middle of a zombie apocolaypse? And just to sum it up there was a Random chopper there I highly doubt the chopper pilot would go to a carnival And do you really think your going to find supplies or your beloved Kantana? The survivors gave no care for the apocolaypse all they'd do is joke around because they were the last people on earth Also the VERY first campaign the first panic event was get some guy some coke.. Are you kidding me? If this were the role of the L4D1 survivors they'd argue with him and eventually he'd call in the zombies and maybe he would turn into a Special infected and then you clear the tanker with something Useful in there not get some guy some Coke.

Listen, what im trying to get at, is that, l4d2 has a more fun aspect than just the normal everyday humdrum reality, think about it. Your going at this with the aspect of someone who is anhadonic, you litteraly cant enjoy something because your to busy criticizing it for what its not, and what you want it to be. I mean what did you want the creators to do? Take the game of l4d1 and give it the name of l4d2?? Thats stupid, with no variety, theres no fun. I dont really care or give a crap how that katana got there, i just care that i can use it to kill zombies for FUN. Lets see would i rather be on a bridge and let one of the main characters DIE, OORR.... be at a Rock concert and kill zombies with a Guitar and fire works, which sounds more fun to you. and secondly, if maybe you payed attention to l4d2 instead of skiping through it like a jaded fool, you would REALIZE the characters saw that the helicopter was about to just pass by them and they needed to get its attention, so they set off all the recordings on the speakers and all the fire works to get it to notice them, and they didnt go there ON PURPOSE they went there cuz they heard there was salvation in new orleans, and they saw the helicoper flying around over there , headed tward it and came apon the carnival and headed through it, you derp. Also think about this, Why wouldnt they set up a evac center in a mall? Its very large to fit lots of people, stocked with food cuz of the food court, some malls have gun stores, Malls have tons of things to get creative weapons from, i know a mall that has a sword shop, In Dead Rising where do all the people baricade themselves?... IN THE MALL, in Dawn of the dead!!! WHERE DID THE SURVIVORS GO!!???? THE F**KING MALL!!!!! your mall argument is invalid. so is your carnival argument and the katana argument, and your idea of fun is very dull. And the thing with the coke, ok lets see... whats easier.... arguing for hours with this guy and then have to fight off a horde he alerted, then spend acouple more hours to find a way around this truck??? or... walk 30 feet to help this guy out because he let us take his guns from HIS gun store...this is the obvious choice, so we dont have to take a lot of time on the subject and we can repay this guy for the guns that we technically STOLE. So to recap, all of your arguments are invalid and idiotic, you need to play left 4 dead 2 some more and actually pay attention, be more observitive of whats actually going on, stop being so critical about everything, and sharpen up your dull sense of what fun and reality is and where they should be and shouldn't. FUN should be in a video game, and Reality should stay in the real world where it belongs. Oh, and i can see why you like Left 4 dead so much, its because your just like Francis "I hate small towns" "I hate helicopters" "I hate doctors, and lawers, and cops..", OOOOoooHHH cuz thats SOOOoooo interesting hearing him talk about how he hates everything, right.
treadbolt020 Jun 30 @ 8:15pm 
>Lets see would i rather be on a bridge and let one of the main characters DIE, OORR.... be at a Rock concert and kill zombies with a Guitar and fire

Bridge.

>whats easier.... arguing for hours with this guy and or fight of the horde

Whats easier fighting off the horde in a church or just ditch riverside and not find a boat and go ALLL the way back to the van in Crash course and find another town

All the survivors did was joke around cared nothing about the apcolaypse also the campaigns are just dull they're all mostly daytime which takes away the Terrifying part you dont have to turn this into a flame war you know?
Showing 1-15 of 110 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 29 @ 3:17pm
Posts: 110