Left 4 Dead > General Discussions > Topic Details
Diadactal Courier Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:08pm
Why get this game?
Well, why? I mean for the Xbox I understand. But for the Pc you really don't have to, considering the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 has all of the DLC's including all of the L4D1 levels with it for FREE, and still $20. I mean maybe people just like the weapon better in this one, I understand. Maybe people just like the design of the common and special infected, I understand. But Left 4 Dead 2 also has a steam workshop to download mods. I mean this is my opinon, but to me I think it's kind of a waste of money.
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
TheStealthGamer Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:10pm 
Originally posted by TheFatPiggy:
Well, why? I mean for the Xbox I understand. But for the Pc you really don't have to, considering the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 has all of the DLC's including all of the L4D1 levels with it for FREE, and still $20. I mean maybe people just like the weapon better in this one, I understand. Maybe people just like the design of the common and special infected, I understand. But Left 4 Dead 2 also has a steam workshop to download mods. I mean this is my opinon, but to me I think it's kind of a waste of money.

left 4 dead 2 was nothin compared to the first(my opinion).
Diadactal Courier Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:23pm 
@TheStealthGamer

They may be true. But they have all of the maps from Left 4 dead 1, even the DLC's for it for free. But the weapons and the FOV aren't the same
Chief Steef Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:25pm 
We're not going to go through this type of discussion again.
Diadactal Courier Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:25pm 
@Progreyoret

xD
treadbolt020 Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:32pm 
Because the L4D1 maps in L4D2 look like an incomplete verison of L4D.

Nearly over 20 weapons.. why? Its an apocolaypse not a armory

jockey. just jockey. Nobody wants a face jumping monkey on your back as an special infected Try the hunter-pounce-mid air-smack trick Never works with jockey just an annoyance.

Also bill using a kantana is just wrong
Diadactal Courier Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:33pm 
@Treadbolt020

Hmm.... good opinion
treadbolt020 Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:37pm 
Also banjo music its an annoying horde theme to the game even while playing the ports L4D1's verison is an epic lazerwave drum music. Same goes for the horde scream that we have now compare it to the L4D1 verison im pretty sure you would be spooked if you were in a cabin in the woods if you heard that outside.
Last edited by treadbolt020; Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:41pm
TheStealthGamer Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:42pm 
Originally posted by TheFatPiggy:
@TheStealthGamer

They may be true. But they have all of the maps from Left 4 dead 1, even the DLC's for it for free. But the weapons and the FOV aren't the same

have you ever played the first one?
Diadactal Courier Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:45pm 
Yes I have! I've played many many hours on the Xbox 360 version, while unlocked many achievements, but unfortunatly didn't get any of the DLC's ):. But yes, I do agree (9/10) that L4D1 is better than Left 4 dead 2, I just (in my opinon) rather get L4D2 on PC. But that is just my opinon. I just like to play L4D1 more on the Xbox
TheStealthGamer Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:50pm 
Originally posted by TheFatPiggy:
Yes I have! I've played many many hours on the Xbox 360 version, while unlocked many achievements, but unfortunatly didn't get any of the DLC's ):. But yes, I do agree (9/10) that L4D1 is better than Left 4 dead 2, I just (in my opinon) rather get L4D2 on PC. But that is just my opinon. I just like to play L4D1 more on the Xbox

well, everyones entitled to their opinions;to me, the second one didn't that scare feel to it that the first one did.
-=|GTTL|=-Tron Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:50pm 
oh the promises made for L4D1 by valve, lol. Looking back is just hilarious. Just glad the franchise will see a third game on an updated source engine.
Diadactal Courier Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:51pm 
Yeah true, the 2nd one wasn't all that scary, and yes I think everything about L4D1 is better than L4D2, like the special infected for example. But for me, i'll just stick to L4D1 for the Xbox c:
Last edited by Diadactal Courier; Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:52pm
TheStealthGamer Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:52pm 
Originally posted by TheFatPiggy:
Yeah true, the 2nd one wasn't all that scary, and yes I think everything about L4D1 is better than L4D2, like the special infected for example. But for me, i'll just stick to L4D1 to the Xbox c:

too each their own
Kyarika Jul 20, 2014 @ 5:59am 
Oh my, this has been discussed ad nauseum. For the record, L4D2 feels almost like a parodised version of L4D1 -- to me, anyways. I mean, even the cast of L4D2 is just.. unmemorable. They apprehend the whole situation as some kind of joke, grounded in their witty banter. For that and reasons abounding, L4D2's got nothing on its predecessor. ._.
treadbolt020 Jul 20, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by Kyarika:
Oh my, this has been discussed ad nauseum. For the record, L4D2 feels almost like a parodised version of L4D1 -- to me, anyways. I mean, even the cast of L4D2 is just.. unmemorable. They apprehend the whole situation as some kind of joke, grounded in their witty banter. For that and reasons abounding, L4D2's got nothing on its predecessor. ._.

That's exactly how I feel,

Also including the rescues they just dont fit A display car, again another display car, Carnival..? dosen't really fit. Why go to a carnival? even if I were a chopper pilot I wouldn't go to a freaking carnival Id go to like a city! Boat, Boat again chopper again.

For valve, If your going to make an sequel it better not be a parody of the original if you can't handle that just don't do it at all The third one better not be a parody of the original
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2014 @ 9:08pm
Posts: 30