Quick Review of Torgue's at Midnight.
*yawn* I am literally writing this at midnight. I just finish Torgue's for the second time and here are my thoughts. *Spoilers ahead*
1. Across the whole DLC, I found one upgrade for my weaponry. And that was Moxxi's Kitten. Other than that, no good loot. On either my level 30 Mechro or my level 50 Commando.
2. Throughout the DLC, there was a scarce number of loot chests. 2 or 3 hidden in the Badass Crater, 2 hidden in Motor Mama's place, 3 hidden in the Beatdown, 2 for killing Pyro Pete not the Invincible, never found any in the Forge. The lootsplosion at the very end? All crap loot. Not even one blue. On 2 seperate characters.
3. Were they hopped up on pixie sticks and red bull when they set the spawn rates on this place? On my latest run, Commando lvl 50, I got downed 12 times in the Beatdown, 3 times in the Bar while farming it, never fighting Pete, once in the first arena fight, never in the Cookie section, never while stealing the key from same spot, 36 times trying to put up Maya's poster in that big ♥♥♥ building thing in Southern Raceway. Twice dealing with teh Badassasaurus. Never with Piston himself. Only like 3 times in the Forge (SOMEHOW.)
4. The characters. Moxxi, Torgue, and (kinda) Tina were the few good characters in this thing. Flyboy gave me a headache. Piston was just too much of a cowardly ♥♥♥♥ for my taste. Pyro Pete? Pretty dull. Motor Mama was OKAY, but the cannibalism referencing was annoying.
5. No idea if it was my E-Tech Snipers or the DLC, but I could not score a headshot with my snipers. If I shot them with my Torgue Shotgun, I MIGHT get a crit, but NEVER with my snipers. After a while, I never got the satisfaction of blowing their heads off from a distance, so I just ran up and shotgunned them in the face for massive damage.
6. If I threw a grenade, I used only the Singularity longbow grenade since I never found anything better, they immediately rolled out of the way and took NO damage save for one Burner Badass Enforcer.
7. Getting long here... WHY would a madman reincarnated to be invincible drop a mysterious pirate-esque substance (Seraph Crystals from Pyro Pete the Invincible?) Why not just a massive shower of Torgue Tokens? Or better yet, some loot that I can upgrade with?
8. Hit detection and floating. I got downed in the Crater, surrounded by bikes and shot one with my rocket launcher for 209 THOUSAND damage. It passed through them into the ground under their feet. Point blank mind you. And they took no damage. Did it again and same thing happened. Then while I was reloading, I died.
9. Driving and the Bikes. First off, WHY NOT GIVE US A BIKE? Make that stupid racing challenge possible with some nitro rocket bike with close to no hp but faster than that guy who runs the auction house's mouth? Secondly, while doing the race challenges, I hit random walls on the road. Completely invisible and totally stopping. Try and shortcut across the sand, hit the road to make the best time and FLIP OVER. Random spin outs on the road. Please, if anyone who has any ability over this, fix the random juts and crap and SMOOTH THE ROAD. Lastly, all throughout the DLC, those Bikes would ram into me and either instantly blow up my ride leaving me just short of death OR kill me instantly. WHY THE HELL does a bike covered in a few spikes do 490 THOUSAND damage with the lightest tap?
10. Last one. 2nd DLC in a row they failed to PhysX the world. I shoot a tarp, expect it to turn to shreds.... NOPE.
And that good people is my (HIGHLY NEGATIVE) review of Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage. You now have permission to ♥♥♥♥♥ and rant. Oh and I am going to bed.