I've made a program to make it easy for playing Offline SplitScreen on the PC, I have posted it on http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=156994
Hi guys! I'm an experienced .NET programmer, and really got angry because they didn't include a Split-screen option on the PC version of the game.
So, I searched the internet, and found several ways of running the game on split-screen or multi-monitor, but all of them involved having several programs, and are not easily modified for playing with different number of players.
Here's my tool, for playing Borderlands 2 on the PC on Split-Screen, easily!
- Runs 4 players on only 1 monitor!
- Runs on multi-monitor perfectly
- Runs on Split-Screen (with no issues!)
- Borderlands 2
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Resident Evil 5
Link to download of newest version, 1.3 BETA:http://splitplaypc.codeplex.com
I'd like to remember this is a BETA version, I'd reallly appreciate feedback, so I can fix it, and make it perfect!
This works with the Steam Version!
Video of it working: Video
Instructions of usage:
1. Click on [+ Add a Game]
2. Click on [Browse...]
3. Search for your Borderlands2.exe file. If you have the Steam Version, it's on "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\borderlands 2"
4. Click on Borderlands 2.
5. Select the number of players.
6. Set the players screens.
7. If you want to change Game ID and other options, click NEXT.
8. If not, you can already start the game by clicking "PLAY".
9. WAIT for all the screens to position! Be patient, this takes the delay time (10 seconds) times the amount of players + the delay time.
10. Set Network to LAN.
11. Open a Game on any Player.
12. Join the LAN game on other players.
- If your PC can't handle the game at your screen`s resolution, set your Windows`s resolution to lower BEFORE opening the App.
- DON`T modify the resolution in-game.
- You have to press START on the menus in order. Player 1, Player 2 and it goes. Or else 1 gamepad may control 2 screens (thanks for the tip, handakes! - http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/member.php?u=61490
How it works:
- The app modifies the WillowEngine.ini based on user input and resolution of the screen.
- Then, the app starts Borderlands, and monitors the Process and sets the Window`s locations to the appropriate area.