NeKryXe Dec 21, 2013 @ 3:46pm
lost all collected vault keys
why are gearbox removing the old keys? i've been collecting all keys from gearbox page at facebook for a long time, i was planing to use it in the new dlcs and now, just after i added the last ones they deleted all my old keys, more than 250 and left me only with 10. maybe there was a time limit to use it, but i was not expecting it.

anyone knows about this? was there a limit time to use those keys?

[edit]

the problem is now solved. looks like there is no limit time to use and that it wasn't an intended function but an issue that gearbox engineers are working to fix, and all my golden keys were restored.
Last edited by NeKryXe; Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:55pm
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
< >
rresuggan Dec 21, 2013 @ 3:48pm 
it maxes out at 255 then go's back to zero and starts again, you input too many keys
weilongfu Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:00pm 
Apparently it has to do with the coding. I don't know the specifics, but once you get more than 255, the values in the code roll over and the system sees this new number, interprets it as 0 and then bam, keys are gone. If you have a backup of your Profile.bin, that can restore all your keys
Ozz3605 Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
It was mention at many places and in many forum post....you're not the only one that had that situation happened...it's sad for you that you dont read more and you're no more into the borderlands 2 community or you would ve know that Golden keys..and not vault keys..since there is only 1 vault key :) Maxed out at 255 and before it even was 225 after that it goes back to zero that's why they say to always use some key and keep less then 200 at any given time..sad for you tho but thats how it goes....
NeKryXe Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:06pm 
no, i don't have :( ...i don't even know where's the Profile.bin. i'm going to contact gearbox. that's really dumb from them. it's one year of keys that they stole from me, thats cheating, VAC should ban gearbox.
NeKryXe Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:11pm 
Originally posted by Ozz3605:
It was mention at many places and in many forum post....you're not the only one that had that situation happened...it's sad for you that you dont read more and you're no more into the borderlands 2 community or you would ve know that Golden keys..and not vault keys..since there is only 1 vault key :) Maxed out at 255 and before it even was 225 after that it goes back to zero that's why they say to always use some key and keep less then 200 at any given time..sad for you tho but thats how it goes....

i'm pretty sure that i didn't receive any advice when i entered the last keys. so, it's a fraud, cheating or something like it. i'm not supposed to know everything that's talked in the forums to be able to use those keys or the game. i never read it anywhere near the places i got the keys.

luckily this happened before i wasted more money on gearbox new dlcs. i really don't like cheaters :\
NeKryXe Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
i just confirmed that it's not only a reset, the keys are truly stolen. i tried to re-enter one code that was used before the "reset", i know that the code is still active, but i receive one message informing me that the code was already been redeemed... that it was redeemed i know, but i don't have those keys. fraud!
NeKryXe Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:51pm 
Originally posted by weilongfu:
Apparently it has to do with the coding. I don't know the specifics, but once you get more than 255, the values in the code roll over and the system sees this new number, interprets it as 0 and then bam, keys are gone. If you have a backup of your Profile.bin, that can restore all your keys

since 10 keys or 0 keys is the same for me, i'll give up anyway, i decided to deleted my profile.bin, to check if it changes anything, if so i would try to find a profile.bin from someone else with at least 100 keys, but, after i deleted it i run the game i still had the 10 keys that the thieves from gearbox left with me. it seems that they know very well what they are taking from us, it doesn't seem to be a bug. its a weird strategy, they'll not keep clients by cheating them.
ShinkuTear Dec 21, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
Gearbox didn't cheat anyone, there is no fraud at work. Water turns to ice when it gets cold enough, touching fire freaking hurts, jumping off a building can get you killed, Keys cap at 255 and trying to get more causes a rollover effect.

The first three are rules of our world, and no one claims cheating or fraud when those results happen. This is a simple code based issue. The coder(s) didn't input a failsafe for if you go to 256 or more keys because they likely thought it wasn't needed, maybe they didn't expect people to needlessly horde the keys, maybe they didn't expect keys to be handed out at more then 1 or 2 at a time, and 255 being the limit before rollover is a simple data thing, to keep the space used to a minimum.

If you know how to edit the Profile.bin, you can set yourself back to your 250~ keys and go wild with using them. If you do not know how, you can look it up and learn how to do so. If you choose not to learn, then your lose of those 250~ keys is your own fault.

Again, there was no fraud here, Gearbox did not cheat you.
CoffeeFiend Dec 21, 2013 @ 5:12pm 
People have reported on the official Gearbox forums that if you contact support and explain what happened, they will give you credit for 250 keys.

NeKryXe Dec 21, 2013 @ 5:20pm 
Originally posted by CoffeeFiend:
People have reported on the official Gearbox forums that if you contact support and explain what happened, they will give you credit for 250 keys.

thats good news :) ...i reported the problem here http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/contact i just hope that they reply in time to get the dlcs before the end of winter sale.

if they solve it i'll inform. thanks for the news ;)
Stavin Dec 21, 2013 @ 7:21pm 
Yew oomies iz all weird
NeKryXe Dec 21, 2013 @ 7:29pm 
weird is to lose more than 250 golden keys without even use one.
Fury Ravenwater Dec 21, 2013 @ 8:23pm 
Why would you have all those keys and not use any of them for over a year? The point is to use them as you play and have some backups for later.
Gyousel Dec 21, 2013 @ 8:57pm 
Originally posted by ShinkuTear:
Gearbox didn't cheat anyone, there is no fraud at work. Water turns to ice when it gets cold enough, touching fire freaking hurts, jumping off a building can get you killed, Keys cap at 255 and trying to get more causes a rollover effect.

The first three are rules of our world, and no one claims cheating or fraud when those results happen. This is a simple code based issue. The coder(s) didn't input a failsafe for if you go to 256 or more keys because they likely thought it wasn't needed, maybe they didn't expect people to needlessly horde the keys, maybe they didn't expect keys to be handed out at more then 1 or 2 at a time, and 255 being the limit before rollover is a simple data thing, to keep the space used to a minimum.

If you know how to edit the Profile.bin, you can set yourself back to your 250~ keys and go wild with using them. If you do not know how, you can look it up and learn how to do so. If you choose not to learn, then your lose of those 250~ keys is your own fault.

Again, there was no fraud here, Gearbox did not cheat you.
^^^^^^^correct
Softspokenman Dec 21, 2013 @ 9:21pm 
you can use a profile editor to give your self as many keys as you want
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2013 @ 3:46pm
Posts: 44