I noticed a few bugs in the Linux version
1. Players with none English System can't join any server.
[fix] add "LC_ALL=en_US %command%" as start parameters to the NS2 options.
2. Game Crash after Map load and a few graphic errors.
[fix] don't use High Texture Details. Middle is enough.
3. Ingame Voice chat doesn't work.
[fix] you have to open the options one time beforme playing. then the input device will be started.
4. The game doesnt run with open source drivers. Intel, Radeon, Noveau.
[fix] be sure your driver and your graphic card can handle OpenGL 3.1. Best result you will get with the properety drivers of NVidia or AMD.
5. The game doesnt run in the right resolution.
[fix] you can add the right values in your config file. you can find it in:
$home/.config/Natural Selection 2/system_options.xml
Here you will find two lines.
<x-resolution>your width here</x-resolution>
<y-resolution>your height here</y-resolution>
6. My favorite servers dont be saved.
[fix] create the file "FavoriteServers.json" in $home/.config/Natural Selection 2/
after this your servers should be saved.
7. Commander doesn't work
[fix] If you chose another language than english in the game options, the commander seems broken. so you have to chose english.
Natural Selection 2 on Linux [German]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173999794http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=174933630