Gordon Ramsey Feb 14, 2013 @ 4:46pm
The amount of cheating in this game
is pathetic, as is the obvious attempt at denial, per usual
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Cadarn Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:22am 
yep, unfortunately it is very very easy to cheat in this game.
Vitdom Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:53am 
"One time I was skulk was biting marine behind him and the he turned and 1-shotted me with shotgun I died. Then he another time instantly killed me again just as I came around the wall when I attack him, he saw me through the wall.
Then I went marine and I knew there was ABSOLUTELY nobody around me not even aliens and suddenly a skulk teleported to my feet and bit me to death.
"

Do you indentify your experience with this? If this is the case, no, it is not cheating. These are features in-game. A detailed description of your actual experience would be nice.
Cadarn Feb 15, 2013 @ 12:56am 
Please, even the steam workshop has mods that should clearly be labeled as cheats. and they're not blocked on most servers, I've tried them. GG No fun.
Last edited by Cadarn; Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:08am
Squishpoke Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:57am 
l2p
EAX Feb 15, 2013 @ 11:27am 
hacks @ l2aim.com lol srsly guys check their profiles most of them are old hardcore gamers - in my 350 hours playtime i havent seen so far any vac banned or something real suspicious.
Cadarn Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by QuothEAX:
hacks @ l2aim.com lol srsly guys check their profiles most of them are old hardcore gamers - in my 350 hours playtime i havent seen so far any vac banned or something real suspicious.

Yes it is easy to see the no lifers with 600+ hours of playing time. I have seen a few players with less than 20 hours of playing time pulling 22-2 against expereinced aliens. Those cases are very questionable.
Cadarn Feb 15, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
There are mods that anyone can install and are not blocked on most servers that, for example, cause all alien players to glow in the dark. Eliminating a major component of gameplay. I've tried it, it's pretty obviously cheating, yet allowed.
Wiking Feb 16, 2013 @ 12:17am 
Ruins the game for me. Onwards to next game...
Bulldogs Feb 16, 2013 @ 12:25am 
From memory the game uses some LUA language or such and is easily modified, i recall a discussion whent eh game was in alpha - beta about it and ppl were complaining about how easy it was for someone to make an auto fire / auto aim hack or such.

I have seen a few ppl being called out by veteran players on servers that are mostly popualted by vets of the game since alpha / beta and yeh sadly it is easy to do as someone said there are workshop items that are not blocked by servers and effectively are cheats.

But anyways i am off, before the "defend the hack brigade / trade mark registered) mob get here.
angelous Feb 16, 2013 @ 2:16am 
I don't think it ruins the game as such, there aren't enough cheaters to overwhelm hoest players, I have seen a couple of suspicious players, but otherwise don't see many cheating players

but I don think there should be some moderation / marking for people using certain mods (or any mod in general, which would mark me for using the gorge love mod, but it's a tag i'm willing to pay)
Vitdom Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:09am 
Originally posted by C= 64:
From memory the game uses some LUA language or such and is easily modified, i recall a discussion whent eh game was in alpha - beta about it and ppl were complaining about how easy it was for someone to make an auto fire / auto aim hack or such.

I have seen a few ppl being called out by veteran players on servers that are mostly popualted by vets of the game since alpha / beta and yeh sadly it is easy to do as someone said there are workshop items that are not blocked by servers and effectively are cheats.

But anyways i am off, before the "defend the hack brigade / trade mark registered) mob get here.
Modified lua files are by default consistency checked by all servers, only servers which have explicitly allowed Lua modifications will allow clients to connect with different-from-server lua code. If this security measure is bypassed by clients, Valve Anti-Cheat would issue a ban for the players.

So, you can't modify the lua code to gain an advantage anymore without the server explicitly set to allow modded clients to join. You could in the beta, but not since just before release, so what you read must be old.
Last edited by Vitdom; Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:12am
Rautapalli Feb 16, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
This thread smells of L2P
Gordon Ramsey Feb 16, 2013 @ 4:39pm 
Originally posted by Vitdom:
"One time I was skulk was biting marine behind him and the he turned and 1-shotted me with shotgun I died. Then he another time instantly killed me again just as I came around the wall when I attack him, he saw me through the wall.
Then I went marine and I knew there was ABSOLUTELY nobody around me not even aliens and suddenly a skulk teleported to my feet and bit me to death.
"

Do you indentify your experience with this? If this is the case, no, it is not cheating. These are features in-game. A detailed description of your actual experience would be nice.

incorrect and inapplicable assumption, you can throw that at someone who has never played this game before and doesnt understand how fast a skulk can die. This is not what i mean and i think you know it :)
Gordon Ramsey Feb 16, 2013 @ 4:40pm 
Originally posted by Cadarn:
Originally posted by QuothEAX:
hacks @ l2aim.com lol srsly guys check their profiles most of them are old hardcore gamers - in my 350 hours playtime i havent seen so far any vac banned or something real suspicious.

Yes it is easy to see the no lifers with 600+ hours of playing time. I have seen a few players with less than 20 hours of playing time pulling 22-2 against expereinced aliens. Those cases are very questionable.
Getting warmer!
The Elite X1 Feb 16, 2013 @ 7:34pm 
Someone was spamming the hell out of Hallucination tonight. Is that normal?
Showing 1-15 of 75 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2013 @ 4:46pm
Posts: 75