(Communist) Red Jan 20, 2013 @ 8:55am
GET RID OF CONCEDE
People just give up and games arent fun anymore.
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
< >
Robby Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:04am 
You're supposed to give up when you know that you've lost.

If the majority of the team feel that the jig is up, the only right thing to do is to save a lot of time by giving up. I can't believe all the morons who actually wants to continue a definitely lost game and see how long the team can hold out. That's just giving satisfaction to those who just beat you. If you don't have a will to win (which you can't when your team has silently decided to give up), and thus have a genuine disliking towards your enemies, who are enjoying killing you for fun before they destroy your base, you should go back to your facebook farming.

The few players who wants to waste everyone's time need to learn to identify when your team is close to defeat and accept that if the majority of your team's players wants to give up, they're right in ending the match, and you're wrong in continuing it, because you can't survive without them anyway.

This game is not about the individual.
Last edited by Robby; Jan 23, 2013 @ 10:57am
TheEvilNoob Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:08am 
Works as intended.
Bloodlust Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:39am 
i like potato salad
ej Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:39am 
I'm a 3-day rookie but still won a few games as comm. Recently played with other good guy trying himself in a comm role with decent results. Guy had his mic turned off, since it's night out there, but used text chat when appropriate. We played a few satisfying games, and suddently more players go in and two of them almost immediately start accusing him in making wrong development decisions, and attempting to eject. Because he didn't ask THEM what he should do. Even worse, green guys who are supposed to know next to nothing about game followed them. Left the game shortly afterwards with bitter feelings. Ruined my playing session completely.
Vitdom Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:37am 
Yeah ej, this game isn't some toy. You do actually meet actual events that can happen in reality. Such as mutiny, stupid people who are plainly ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, people who think they know everything, rude people.

Since it's core is teamplay, it's a larger impact than other games. I've limited experience with that since I play on community servers with very strong communities and a mature player base. You should try searching for such servers. Typical traits when you've found such an active game, lots of people talk, help eachother and discusses strategy, and generally has fun together.
Venrez Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:41am 
I agree, before it was bad with the occasional sour Marine player jumping into the com chair and just recycling everything when we still had a decent chance, even going so far when we had 2 or 3 bases because 'Well, Alien's have Onos, game over'. This is ridiculous. Its happened far more often than I care to say. Or they concede and just give up WAY too early.

Where is the sport in that? This game isnt about boring 5 minute Starcraft matches. Who cares if you want to 'hurry up and get to the next match'. Join another server then. This match is still going, even if the Marines are locked in their base and defending as a last stand.

Im tired of one or two noisy players joining a game that has been going for a while, pleasantly, with both teams just playing the game, when they suddenly uspet the balance by voting to concede, ejecting coms, spouting nonstop verbal and text abuse, and so forth.

The community needs some tweaking, it seems, but that cannot be done. Unfortunately.
Krimsonk Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:14am 
Originally posted by NonCarnivore22:
People just give up and games arent fun anymore.

The concede feature is a mod. Id you dont like it, play on a vanilla server.
CryonicSuspension Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:22am 
For marines, the game is pretty much decided within the first 60 seconds. That's how tight the game is.
› |2es-)!(- Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:27am 
Originally posted by Krimsonk:
Originally posted by NonCarnivore22:
People just give up and games arent fun anymore.

The concede feature is a mod. Id you dont like it, play on a vanilla server.

no the concede feature was put in the latest patch.... so it's vanilla now.

It does annoy me when people give up too easily.

I've had games where the marines had just their main base left and the aliens had the rest of the map. The marines turtled and then slowly pushed out and ended up winning, the aliens couldn't get organized enough to make a push to take out their last base.
Last edited by › |2es-)!(-; Jan 20, 2013 @ 11:29am
tattarn Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
In my experience [Vote Concede] is just another alternative to selling the structures or pressing F4 when the team is about to loose. In situations like that I prefer a new fresh game as soon as possible. But I have sure witnessed matches when the loosing team slowly pushed themselves in to a victory, epic but not very rare.
ej Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:12pm 
Originally posted by cokeinmynose:
But I have sure witnessed matches when the loosing team slowly pushed themselves in to a victory, epic but not very rare.
Like I said above, some vocal people will organize voting only because comm selected a hive they personally don't want. Or just because they want to be in control as soon as possible.
And yeah, situations with bad/average comm and veteran skulks or great comm and rookie players are frequent. You can't know for sure who is going to win straight from the start.
Last edited by ej; Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:15pm
tattarn Jan 20, 2013 @ 12:34pm 
Yes, vocal people tend to have a bit more influence on the team players. But arranging a majority concede vote just because the commander selected the "wrong" hive type in their opinion sounds silly. I'm happy that I've not experienced that situation, yet. :)
CryonicSuspension Jan 20, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
The win rate for aliens is 60% in a public match and 70% in competitive matches. The game is broken for marines: http://ns2stats.org/
Volcano Jan 20, 2013 @ 7:29pm 
hehe I miss the time during mid beta when marines had 80% win rate due to beacons using energy and used to ress everyone, you could also put one anywhere such as a hive and be baconed to it with power pack support
100% Recycled Awesome Jan 23, 2013 @ 12:08am 
Originally posted by Venrez:
I agree, before it was bad with the occasional sour Marine player jumping into the com chair and just recycling everything when we still had a decent chance, even going so far when we had 2 or 3 bases because 'Well, Alien's have Onos, game over'. This is ridiculous. Its happened far more often than I care to say. Or they concede and just give up WAY too early.

Where is the sport in that? This game isnt about boring 5 minute Starcraft matches. Who cares if you want to 'hurry up and get to the next match'. Join another server then. This match is still going, even if the Marines are locked in their base and defending as a last stand.

Im tired of one or two noisy players joining a game that has been going for a while, pleasantly, with both teams just playing the game, when they suddenly uspet the balance by voting to concede, ejecting coms, spouting nonstop verbal and text abuse, and so forth.

The community needs some tweaking, it seems, but that cannot be done. Unfortunately.

Guys give up at the sight of a single onos? What noobs.

You give up at the sight of 6 Onos backed by 2 gorges and 2 lerks with full upgrades. You're fracked at that point.
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 20, 2013 @ 8:55am
Posts: 40