Gazzamc Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:07pm
No aim?
Is there even an aim button?? or is all from the hip? makes it harder to shoot fast moving aliens..

Other than that it looks pretty fun..
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
< >
Vitdom Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:09pm 
You aim with your mouse, what are you talking about?
Gazzamc Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:14pm 
I tried.. it's the melee button (right click)... btw i'm using the default layout (have not changed anything).

I'm not sure you got what i'm saying.. I know how to move the aim/cursor.. but is there any down the sight aim button?

Originally posted by Vitdom:
You aim with your mouse, what are you talking about?
Last edited by Gazzamc; Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:15pm
Warforce17 Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:25pm 
You can not zoom as you can Battlefield or Call of Duty.
If you need more information feel free to join my group the NS2 Rookiecamp.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NS2Rookie#
Last edited by Warforce17; Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:27pm
Gazzamc Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:58pm 
aww that kinda sucks.. Thanks for letting me know.

Originally posted by Warforce17:
You can not zoom as you can Battlefield or Call of Duty.
If you need more information feel free to join my group the NS2 Rookiecamp.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NS2Rookie#
knukx Dec 5, 2013 @ 1:07pm 
Oh god. So these are the people playing this game now.
Hobocop Dec 5, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
How would using sights that further obscure your vision make it easier to hit fast moving aliens with unpredictable movement patterns?
Gazzamc Dec 5, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
I'm used to aiming down the sight.. it's hard to adjust once it becomes a habit.. but i'm sure with a few hours i'll adjust..

Originally posted by Hobocop:
How would using sights that further obscure your vision make it easier to hit fast moving aliens with unpredictable movement patterns?


Originally posted by knukx:
Oh god. So these are the people playing this game now.
What? FPS players... This is a FPS, right? and btw i play Battlefield (as a team player) and don't touch COD.. If you were implying i was a COD fanboy.

If this is the sort of welcome new players get from this games communuity i'm sure it will be dead in the water fairly soon.
Daxx Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:19pm 
Originally posted by gazzamc:
I'm used to aiming down the sight.. it's hard to adjust once it becomes a habit.. but i'm sure with a few hours i'll adjust..

Originally posted by Hobocop:
How would using sights that further obscure your vision make it easier to hit fast moving aliens with unpredictable movement patterns?


Originally posted by knukx:
Oh god. So these are the people playing this game now.
What? FPS players... This is a FPS, right? and btw i play Battlefield (as a team player) and don't touch COD.. If you were implying i was a COD fanboy.

If this is the sort of welcome new players get from this games communuity i'm sure it will be dead in the water fairly soon.

Show me a gaming community without it's share of ♥♥♥♥♥ and I'll show you a unicorn.

No there are no ironsights (or any kind of zoom). IT was intentional designed this way for a more arcade feel to the combat.
☯.leesh1 ☯ Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
Why would you aim with ironsights if you have display with crosshairs on your helmet? :D
Gazzamc Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
Originally posted by Daxx:

Show me a gaming community without it's share of ♥♥♥♥♥ and I'll show you a unicorn.

No there are no ironsights (or any kind of zoom). IT was intentional designed this way for a more arcade feel to the combat.
That's all wanted to know, but it's true every community has them.. Thanks to the people who actually answered my question without sly comments.

Originally posted by ☻.leesh1 ☻:
Why would you aim with ironsights if you have display with crosshairs on your helmet? :D

From anyone coming from AAA FPS games it feels like shooting from the hip.. less accuarcy.
Last edited by Gazzamc; Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:41pm
100% Recycled Awesome Dec 5, 2013 @ 2:45pm 
Originally posted by gazzamc:

From anyone coming from AAA FPS games it feels like shooting from the hip.. less accuarcy.

True, but in other games your targets are largely stationary or relatively slow moving. There is no way you'd be able to track a wall jumping skulk, shadowstepping Fade or flying lerk with sights without an aimbot. In this game, sights would be less accurate simply because the FOV is so tiny on sights and your targets are often moving extremely fast.
OuchOfDeath Dec 5, 2013 @ 6:37pm 
Originally posted by gazzamc:
From anyone coming from AAA FPS games it feels like shooting from the hip.. less accuarcy.
Has nothing to do with AAA. Some years back there was little to no zooming in mainstream FPS games. Quake, Counter Strike, and Unreal Tournament were the main games people were playing, and Quake and Unreal Tournament were in particular very fast-paced where zooming is completely pointless, especially since weapons already have perfect accuracy.

These games are all about being able to aim. If you think about it zooming is pretty lazy. It just blows your target up so that it's harder to miss. Where's the challenge in that? NS2, like Quake and Unreal Tournament, is a twitch shooter. The skills needed are snap aiming (large instant turns, up to 180 degrees) as well as perfect aim while tracking high-speed targets. It's much more demanding in terms of raw skill, and it takes a while to get used to because the game demands a different skill set than what you're used to. It's also much more rewarding in my opinion.
BananaJane Dec 5, 2013 @ 10:09pm 
HE'S A ROOKIE!!!!
☯.leesh1 ☯ Dec 5, 2013 @ 10:14pm 
Originally posted by gazzamc:

From anyone coming from AAA FPS games it feels like shooting from the hip.. less accuarcy.
Not really true, Counter-Strike is one of the most famous and best FPS games ever and it has no ironsights.

But tio stay on topic... NS2 doesnt need ironsights at all.
Last edited by ☯.leesh1 ☯; Dec 5, 2013 @ 10:19pm
Gazzamc Dec 5, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by ☻.leesh1 ☻:
Originally posted by gazzamc:

From anyone coming from AAA FPS games it feels like shooting from the hip.. less accuarcy.
Counter-Strike is one of the most famous and best FPS games ever and it has no ironsight.

I've never played it...
Originally posted by BananaJane:
HE'S A ROOKIE!!!!
Yes i am, thank you.
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:07pm
Posts: 37