Is there any way to decrease map load times ? (Seriously its insane)
It takes me 5 minutes to join a server minimum. I could install 5 gb games faster than this. I could download Dota 2 in less time from Steam. It is insane how long it takes. The worst part is a lot of times I'll join a server and people just left because the round is over so now I have to go through another load or the server is bad quality and I have to switch so it takes a minimum of 10 minutes just to get into a server. Anything I can do to speed this up ? My fps and everything is fine for the most part in game just loading takes FOREVER.
TRY THIS posted by Ph!L3x :
Disabling consistency seems to do the trick at reducing load times.
1) Open Run program for Windows (in Start Menu) and type: %appdata%
Or go to this directory: C:\Users\YourComputerName\AppData\Roaming
2) Open the "Natural Selection 2" folder, right click "ConsistencyConfig" and click "Open With"
3) Click "Browse" and find "Notepad", click "OK"
4) Select all of the code in the "ConsistencyConfig" file, and replace it with this:
"restrict": [ ],
"check": [ ],
"ignore": [ ]
5) Save the file and exit, now play NS2 and try joining a server / your own private game. It should reduce load times a ton.
im down to 2ish minutes not too bad.