brucey Dec 19, 2013 @ 3:44pm
what is this new updates?
does anybody know?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
TheHunter Dec 19, 2013 @ 3:58pm 
http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/return-to-eclipse-2/

new level and extra fixes/optimizations
.exalt Dec 19, 2013 @ 4:25pm 
So, yeah when I hit view updates, while the updates are downloading, there is NONE, not a thing mentioned about the updates. PURE LAZY. UWE is LAZY. This isn't the first time. Is it that hard to update the news section. Maybe I'm not being logical, I'm under the assumption that everyone who has NS2 uses steam.
ej Dec 19, 2013 @ 4:29pm 
Yeah, they are lazy and treat everyone outside their official forums as a second-class citizen.
Worf son of Mogh Dec 19, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
I want to fart in your mouths because you are ungreatful. Merry Christmas from the Klingons.
Nyon Dec 19, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
It actually isn't uncommon for developers to not keep their Steam update page current; I think it has to do with wanting people to use their site, and keeping the update log on their site encourages that. Also, calling them lazy doesn't make sense considering they've released every update for free, when they could have easily bundled quite a few of them together and released as DLC. =P
Hobocop Dec 19, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
Or...you could like...check the website which takes less than 10 seconds.
.exalt Dec 19, 2013 @ 6:21pm 
Well unlike judging other users of this forum, I do have an opionoun on what is Lazy about the topic at hand. It has nothing to do with money, greatfullness, or time.
UWE.Strayan (NS2HD)  [developer] Dec 19, 2013 @ 6:24pm 
We have no direct control over our Steam news page. Whenever a new update is released, we post to:

Twitter
Facebook
Google+
Reddit
NS2 Blog[unknownworlds.com]
Steam Group
In-Game news section (visible in the main menu on start-up).

If creating all this new content, releasing it for free, and then shouting about it everywhere we can is 'lazy' - Then I politely, but perhaps not respectfully, suggest you reconsider the degree of effort a game developer must go to to earn your stamp of approval.

To the OP, I hope the links I have provided above will allow you to find out more about this update. We're thrilled you're interested and hope you enjoy it!
brucey Dec 19, 2013 @ 6:39pm 
Originally posted by UWE.Strayan (NS2HD):
We have no direct control over our Steam news page. Whenever a new update is released, we post to:

Twitter
Facebook
Google+
Reddit
http://unknownworlds.com/ns2[NS2 Blog[/url[/url] In-Game news section (visible in the main menu on start-up). If creating all this new content, releasing it for free, and then shouting about it everywhere we can is 'lazy' - Then I politely, but perhaps not respectfully, suggest you reconsider the degree of effort a game developer must go to to earn your stamp of approval. To the OP, I hope the links I have provided above will allow you to find out more about this update. We're thrilled you're interested and hope you enjoy it! [/quote] oh man! I didn't expect to see the developers reply! I subed in the reddit as soon as I saw this. And I am loving this game so far. I am even kinda hard to believe this game hasn't been exposed on the surface yet :( hope that NS2 become one of top
[url=http://steamcommunity.com/games/ns2]Steam Group

In-Game news section (visible in the main menu on start-up).

If creating all this new content, releasing it for free, and then shouting about it everywhere we can is 'lazy' - Then I politely, but perhaps not respectfully, suggest you reconsider the degree of effort a game developer must go to to earn your stamp of approval.

To the OP, I hope the links I have provided above will allow you to find out more about this update. We're thrilled you're interested and hope you enjoy it!

oh man! I didn't expect to see the developers reply! I subed in the reddit as soon as I saw this. And I am loving this game so far. I am even kinda hard to believe this game hasn't been exposed on the surface yet :(
hope that NS2 become one of top 10 multiplay game of the year oneday! good luck yall
.exalt Dec 19, 2013 @ 6:46pm 
I don't believe anything is free sir.

I find it so hard to believe that, so I don't. That is, with some planning, just maybe things can be timed so you don't get posts like the OPs. Perhaps talk to Steam as UWE, and say that the public deserves more.

Not everyone bought this game a year ago, and even though I did; I can surely remember my end as a consumer. It's a tad different than today, I miss that, because I buy games as my part of appreciation. One that shouldn't be mixed with respect. I sir do respect you, but as we are strangers, we just have different opionouns on acceptable degree of effort. But HELL I've never developed a game, I just buy them.
UWE.Strayan (NS2HD)  [developer] Dec 19, 2013 @ 7:08pm 
Thanks for subbing OP, and thanks for the kind words!
Wotsa Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:24pm 
Originally posted by .exalt:
I don't believe anything is free sir.

I find it so hard to believe that, so I don't. That is, with some planning, just maybe things can be timed so you don't get posts like the OPs. Perhaps talk to Steam as UWE, and say that the public deserves more.

Not everyone bought this game a year ago, and even though I did; I can surely remember my end as a consumer. It's a tad different than today, I miss that, because I buy games as my part of appreciation. One that shouldn't be mixed with respect. I sir do respect you, but as we are strangers, we just have different opionouns on acceptable degree of effort. But HELL I've never developed a game, I just buy them.


My god he just said he has no direct control over the steam news page. Damn, take a hint.
Necro Dec 20, 2013 @ 12:56am 
Damn! What a hot map! Thank you for the free update and Merry Christmas!
.exalt Dec 20, 2013 @ 1:30am 
Originally posted by Wotsa:
My god he just said he has no direct control over the steam news page. Damn, take a hint.

Originally posted by crap dropper:
What is this new update? does anybody know?


There are weblinks built into the NS2 client to donate to Reinforce or to buy T-shirts, but you guess my imagination for overcoming Steam's lack of support is just dumb?
ej Dec 20, 2013 @ 7:32am 
Originally posted by Nyon:
Also, calling them lazy doesn't make sense considering they've released every update for free, when they could have easily bundled quite a few of them together and released as DLC. =P
Most people expect their updates to fix performance problems and bugs, so doing that would essentially be a scam and would cause a huge ♥♥♥♥♥torm :)
Dear developers, neither me, nor countless other players ever asked you to make that additional content. No need for 9000 cosmetics changes and variable tweaks. Just make the game playable for everyone who meets the published system requirements, stop releasing builds with game-breaking bugs. Polish it to modern standards of quality. Deliver what we already paid for year or more ago.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2013 @ 3:44pm
Posts: 16