Blasted Apr 4 @ 10:03am
Nerf Marine Jump
Marines jump up and down increasing speed and not affecting cone of fire this needs to be addressed its really comical to allow Marines with no recoil penalty for jumping and increasing their evasion speed while mid air.
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
< >
Vengaboy Apr 4 @ 10:08am 
The game doesn't try to be realistic as much as it tries to be an arcade style FPS. Besides, the marine strafe jump mechanic was already nerfed once after so many people complained, including myself. Most people like the current state of it or, at the least, no longer have any complaints. If recoil was added this game would be totally unbalanced at all levels of play.
Blasted Apr 4 @ 10:11am 
Hmm maybe i hadnt realized it okay well that makes sense i guess i guess ill have L2P around it then
Originally posted by Vengaboy:
The game doesn't try to be realistic as much as it tries to be an arcade style FPS. Besides, the marine strafe jump mechanic was already nerfed once after so many people complained, including myself. Most people like the current state of it or, at the least, no longer have any complaints. If recoil was added this game would be totally unbalanced at all levels of play.
.exalt (Banned) Apr 4 @ 4:20pm 
As a comander, I find it pretty useless to medpack someone who cannot evade. If there were evade spring boots that made marines boost the the side if timed right, I would upgrade that first before anything else...uh

Perhaps it comes down to how sluggish do you want to feel when fighting as a marine...
Blasted Apr 4 @ 4:36pm 
Well as the post above says it is an arcade shooter not a realistic one but to clarify what i meant was not mess with accuracy or jumping speed but with JUST cone of fire while mid air when jumping thats all i was complaining about the whole thing it had going i just meant cone of fire when jumping, thats the only time i think cone of fire increasing would have been viable. But as i said its an Arcade game not realistic so whatever it still is ridiculous with perfect aim while mid air seems really just WOW. The Marines have a purpose of being sluggish thats their trait to work in pairs not Solo Yolo JUmp Skillz 360 no scope mid air shot thats all i was getting at
Originally posted by .exalt:
As a comander, I find it pretty useless to medpack someone who cannot evade. If there were evade spring boots that made marines boost the the side if timed right, I would upgrade that first before anything else...uh

Perhaps it comes down to how sluggish do you want to feel when fighting as a marine...
Last edited by Blasted; Apr 4 @ 4:38pm
.exalt (Banned) Apr 4 @ 7:50pm 
I guess I disagree. Looking at it from an RTS stance. I get you want the bullets to fly randomly during evasion, Or I do now. I just think to leave the cone of fire (precision) the same because the target is closer to the marine when the evading happens. It's not easier when your target is closer to your marine. Range vs melee.

I do agree that a sluggish marine isn't a bad thing in this game for balance, but for me the marine is the stronger player than my skulk atm.
Blasted Apr 4 @ 9:42pm 
Well Marines has a melee attack as well they can use the butt stock hatchet or pistol in CQC so they have plenty of options before Skulks close the distance so if you have managed to pop off rounds and the miss at close range you can always switch to pistol or hatchet or right click with your buttstock on the rifle skulk. The Skulk in its current state is to stalk their prey or wait its too close range inside tight corridors so when a marine sees a skulk waiting on a wall it doesnt take much to aim and kill it so if a Marine has to "jump" away from an attack i see it totally justifiable that if a skulk got you by surprise it should have some risk versus reward.
Drummer Apr 4 @ 10:04pm 
marines are quicker than most humans in other games because they are facing a much faster melee-based opponent. once you face a good wall-jumping skulk upgraded with celerity, a fade that is blink-hopping, you will understand why the marines have parkour skills. its to give them a fighting chance.
Blasted Apr 4 @ 10:16pm 
Yeah i agree there really isnt much they can do at this point because the Fades are so much quicker against a Marine that is frustrasting as well but it is part of their trait but it takes soo much evolution points to use one though and i never knew they nerfed the jump to begin with on Marines to me i havent noticed a difference.But Marine jumping inertia should stay the same as i said BUT increase cone of fire whilst in the air (except jump jets) like that i see nothing wrong with the speed of it its just cone of fire that was my whole discussion i love this game i think its great! that really is my only gripe in this game.And of course it isnt a fact from what i see its just an opinion i do need to learn to play around it i just thought maybe others see it the same way as i do.
Originally posted by Drummer:
marines are quicker than most humans in other games because they are facing a much faster melee-based opponent. once you face a good wall-jumping skulk upgraded with celerity, a fade that is blink-hopping, you will understand why the marines have parkour skills. its to give them a fighting chance.
Last edited by Blasted; Apr 4 @ 10:19pm
Hobocop Apr 4 @ 11:19pm 
I don't see the point of increasing the cone of fire while jumping. In most cases, the only time you're going to be jumping in combat is at close range where the cone of fire isn't going to make a difference. In fact, it'd probably make it even easier to hit something at close range due to the larger cone of fire.
Hooter Apr 4 @ 11:42pm 
I second the Rocket Strafe Boots idea. Similar to jetpacks, but for your feet!
Blasted Apr 5 @ 7:57am 
Not always i have seen people jump to shoot in vents also i have seen them jump at anytime rather it be down a long hallway i have seen compulsive jumping too XD i guess for jumpings sake i suppose if you have them dead to rights at CQC recoil in mid air then i guess you would earn the kill but unlikely.
Originally posted by Hobocop:
I don't see the point of increasing the cone of fire while jumping. In most cases, the only time you're going to be jumping in combat is at close range where the cone of fire isn't going to make a difference. In fact, it'd probably make it even easier to hit something at close range due to the larger cone of fire.
Jackson | Free merc (comm) Apr 5 @ 8:35pm 
Some pro players don't even straf jump or whatever.
I feel OP is kinda butthurt and needs to train his skulk, and eventually train his own marine jump.
There's nothing to be changed on marine jumps, really.
Blasted Apr 5 @ 9:45pm 
Hey bro thats based on your opinions and i respect that but you cant say "Some" based on assumptions what? because you think your pro? or are you pro? or know all the pro players?watched a couple of videos? get real man i think it is you that is butthurt because maybe i assume all you play is marines so if you are butthurt because i might "think" you are in that respect then the feeling is mutual. But really joking aside why dont you read our previous posts before posting how butthurt my situation is its not really that big of deal if you can read, really.
Originally posted by Jackson:
Some pro players don't even straf jump or whatever.
I feel OP is kinda butthurt and needs to train his skulk, and eventually train his own marine jump.
There's nothing to be changed on marine jumps, really.
Last edited by Blasted; Apr 5 @ 9:58pm
Wallet Jr. Apr 6 @ 12:52am 
Marine jump is something I actually find to be okay. Sure, when you're a skulk marines jumping around might seem odd. But, here's the thing, you have to learn to be precise and conservative with your bites (the same way you have to learn to aim and conserve your ammo during fights). Marines jumping and shooting can also be disorienting for the marine player, and the skulk can still bite you in the air while its on the ground. We're squishy and we are all bad shots, especially if its a tight group of marines jumping and shooting.

In fact, the best way to fight in a group as a marine is actually to spread out, that way its easier to aim. Skulks are not meant to rush marines head-on, and if they are able to you require the skill to bite precisely and to predict his jumps.

The horrid thing about this game is that people forget this is an RTS/FPS hybrid, 1v1 is not the core mechanic of the game. 1 para 2 bites finish off a marine, 10 bullets kill a skulk (but remember that people tend to miss due to a skulk's agility in combat).
Last edited by Wallet Jr.; Apr 6 @ 12:53am
Blasted Apr 6 @ 8:50am 
Yes marine jump is fine i agree even hopping around is great its nice to be able hop away i mean in real life i would "jump" if something came up from the ground and tried to bite me like a dog would but disorientation is the surprise element is what a skulk has and having consistant recoil isnt what i percieve as skill which is what i disagree with but it doesnt change the fact that it is still a great game and by no means a game breaker AT ALL i just find quite sillly nowadays. Skulk that can bite in mid-air it can be if not more disorienting because the marine can still jump away, the Skulk range is zero Marine more often than not has back up and absolutley they aren't meant to rush head on; these arent a gameplay issue , i would only do that if its a Hive issue or objective raid in progress.

Yeah like i said it isnt that much of a big deal to me but it is the only thing i find wrong with this game it isnt perfect or yet maybe suppose to be that way but it is silly for game that is suppose to be somewhat competitive type and "serious" indie/arcade type i do fine as a skulk i mean yes as the title states "Nerf marine jump" people would kind of get the wrong idea " like no jumping is he stupid?" no i meant mid air recoil while jumping in progress
The main issue that i sought is recoil doesnt exist in mid air jumping that is all i was wanting to discuss and wanted to know what other people thought lol i wouldnt even try to go on a big crusade to see that gone XD that is just dumb i love this game it is awesome and thanks for your feedback i agreed with all of it.
Originally posted by Wallet Jr.:
Marine jump is something I actually find to be okay. Sure, when you're a skulk marines jumping around might seem odd. But, here's the thing, you have to learn to be precise and conservative with your bites (the same way you have to learn to aim and conserve your ammo during fights). Marines jumping and shooting can also be disorienting for the marine player, and the skulk can still bite you in the air while its on the ground. We're squishy and we are all bad shots, especially if its a tight group of marines jumping and shooting.

In fact, the best way to fight in a group as a marine is actually to spread out, that way its easier to aim. Skulks are not meant to rush marines head-on, and if they are able to you require the skill to bite precisely and to predict his jumps.

The horrid thing about this game is that people forget this is an RTS/FPS hybrid, 1v1 is not the core mechanic of the game. 1 para 2 bites finish off a marine, 10 bullets kill a skulk (but remember that people tend to miss due to a skulk's agility in combat).
Last edited by Blasted; Apr 6 @ 8:52am
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 4 @ 10:03am
Posts: 35