Rusty Feb 22, 2014 @ 3:10am
how come theres no black marines
at least make the female marines black
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
R1B$ Feb 22, 2014 @ 5:27am 
NS1 had them, but that was a half-life 1 mod at the time...marines only had 2 models for the entire game.

Now we have females, males, and all the DLC/preorder suits...if you added another race you would pretty much effectively double the model count from 10 to 20, doubling memory requirements.

They could have coded a swapped head texture but either their engine doesn't support it or they didn't put their resources toward it.

I just don't see it happening.

:O
Last edited by R1B$; Feb 22, 2014 @ 5:27am
Stalker Feb 22, 2014 @ 3:09pm 
I dont really understand this. They never thought of making a diverse marine, they are just marines and they are just part of the game. They arent important to look at. So i dont really understand why we would need to do this.
Don't misunderstand, i would not mind at all if they put in black/asian or whatever marines you can think of. But i really dont feel like its important to put it in a game when it has no function at all
christfag-chan Feb 22, 2014 @ 7:07pm 
Lol ( :3 ), I never even noticed that

The helmets cover them up most of the game :L
Last edited by christfag-chan; Feb 22, 2014 @ 7:07pm
Friendly Neighborhood Atheist Feb 22, 2014 @ 7:15pm 
Skin color should be selectable in options
☠ neo Feb 22, 2014 @ 8:45pm 
Why don't we have any native Americans or Mongolians in games?

What kind of stupid questions are these? Damn trolls. *throws some feed*
Hobocop Feb 22, 2014 @ 9:33pm 
I'd rather there not be another Out of Memory fiasco on 32-bit systems like when Female Marines and Biodome were first released.

So, no.
[#OMEGA] - K2 Feb 23, 2014 @ 7:46am 
Because they'll always be the first to die just like in the movies.
Friendly Neighborhood Atheist Feb 23, 2014 @ 9:39am 
Originally posted by Hobocop:
I'd rather there not be another Out of Memory fiasco on 32-bit systems like when Female Marines and Biodome were first released.

So, no.
Whats the difference between alien, armor and human skins?
SeabeastX Feb 24, 2014 @ 7:14am 
Should just put full helmets so you can't see any skin.
Nali Warcow - Birthday' Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:08am 
Originally posted by R1B$:
NS1 had them, but that was a half-life 1 mod at the time...marines only had 2 models for the entire game.

Now we have females, males, and all the DLC/preorder suits...if you added another race you would pretty much effectively double the model count from 10 to 20, doubling memory requirements.

They could have coded a swapped head texture but either their engine doesn't support it or they didn't put their resources toward it.

I just don't see it happening.

:O
NS1 had black models? Since when o.O
Hobocop Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:18am 
It was more of a texture swap.
kesaesa Feb 25, 2014 @ 1:03am 
According to the official background, infantry portals are 3D printers that 'print' a marine and upload the most recent file of consciousness into their brain. So there shouldn't be any diversification in the marines' appearances, with the female marine being very out of place because of this.

Also, the game takes place in the distant future where humans have colonised and been born on other planets for centuries. What makes you think that the current racial archetypes of the world should apply for NS2 as well? If you look closely, the current marine model almost looks like a mix of a lot of different racial features, which is only appropriate in a setting that has had a racial furnace refining the human species for hundreds of years.
Rusty Feb 25, 2014 @ 1:53am 
can we have different races where the black marines are able to throw gernades with more percise and run faster and the white marines are able to accumalate more res and able to build quicker
christfag-chan Feb 25, 2014 @ 4:25am 
Originally posted by Rusty:
can we have different races where the black marines are able to throw gernades with more percise and run faster and the white marines are able to accumalate more res and able to build quicker
XD
BlahBlah Feb 25, 2014 @ 2:49pm 
I didn't even notice there were no black marines.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2014 @ 3:10am
Posts: 19