Boys in skirts Jan 29 @ 11:27am
Rookie friends
I noticed that some (if not all) rookie servers kick you if you have more 75 hours logged into the game, while the non-rookie server kick you for other reasons. What if I want to play with friends that just started playing the game? Any server that is NOT rookie free/rookie friendly is always dead or has just like 6 or 7 players at a time.

Are there active servers that are just for everyone, no matter the skill level?
Last edited by Boys in skirts; Jan 29 @ 11:49am
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
ShadowSoulAssassin Jan 29 @ 11:35am 
I barely see any rookie *friendly* servers here in Europe who kick me with my 200h. Hm.

That aside, the problem is this: I've seen it in some other games (Tribal Ascend?), games where you are able to join rookie servers if you've got a rookie friend, and let me tell you this: All of those games it was a slaughter. A one sided slaughter. Guys use this to pubstomp rookies, and that's why I think it's okay to do this.

If you want to play with some rookie friends search for servers who don't kick you, as hard as it may sound.
TF2_FTW Jan 29 @ 11:38am 
I heard if you turn your profile private, then they can't kick or ban you
Boys in skirts Jan 29 @ 11:49am 
Originally posted by ShadowSoulAssassin:
I barely see any rookie *friendly* servers here in Europe who kick me with my 200h. Hm.

Sorry, I meant that non-rookie servers kick you for several reasons, not rookie friendly servers.

Alright, thanks for the advice.

Originally posted by TF2_FTW:
I heard if you turn your profile private, then they can't kick or ban you

I will have that in mind. Thanks.
KingKahuna[KKG] Jan 29 @ 12:48pm 
We offer 3 different servers that are rookie friendly for you to invite and play with your friends. Hope that helps answer your question. ;)
ShadowSoulAssassin Jan 29 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by PD Saki S.:
Sorry, I meant that non-rookie servers kick you for several reasons, not rookie friendly servers.

Alright, thanks for the advice.

What "several reasons"? Well I suppose some normal servers may kick you for having a bad KDR, "You suck and you make us lose" and all that...

Btw, my profile is private too, maybe that's the reason I haven't been kicked at all oO Automatically, that is.
Boys in skirts Jan 29 @ 2:40pm 
My KDR is 1.29, so I doubt that is the reason. Reasons I have been kicked is for being a "rookie", dunno what is the criteria to consider someone a rookie. Play time or level.
Stark Jan 29 @ 8:24pm 
Originally posted by PD Saki S.:
My KDR is 1.29, so I doubt that is the reason. Reasons I have been kicked is for being a "rookie", dunno what is the criteria to consider someone a rookie. Play time or level.

Generally, a rookie is considered to be someone with less than 100 hours played. Though on most of the "rookie only" servers you see now, they consider 75 hours to be the threshold.
KingKahuna[KKG] Jan 30 @ 6:00pm 
Originally posted by Stark:
Originally posted by PD Saki S.:
My KDR is 1.29, so I doubt that is the reason. Reasons I have been kicked is for being a "rookie", dunno what is the criteria to consider someone a rookie. Play time or level.

Generally, a rookie is considered to be someone with less than 100 hours played. Though on most of the "rookie only" servers you see now, they consider 75 hours to be the threshold.

The only reason we have it set to 75 right now, is because a lot of players do not play on servers that send data to Hive, or NS2Stats. We do intend on raising that hours limit in the near future.
Boys in skirts Jan 30 @ 6:10pm 
I just want to add, that people that just came back to the game just recently might see themselves in a problem with these restrictions. I am sligthly better than a rookie with around 50 arounds because I actually forgot how to play after not touching the game for around a year.

I know it is a very special case, but I would suggest that the devs have to implement something to actually rank you properly only with steam stats.
Ghoul Feb 1 @ 7:01am 
Originally posted by Yohane Bonaventura:
I just want to add, that people that just came back to the game just recently might see themselves in a problem with these restrictions. I am sligthly better than a rookie with around 50 arounds because I actually forgot how to play after not touching the game for around a year.

I know it is a very special case, but I would suggest that the devs have to implement something to actually rank you properly only with steam stats.

Rookie friendly servers are just right for folks like you ;)
Panthro Feb 1 @ 7:12am 
Huh, all very interresting. I just hit 70h gameplay so will change my profile to private soon, as i reckon i will still be of rookie skill for another few hours.
Letchy Feb 1 @ 7:48pm 
I'm a terrible 'rookie', as I only have 4 hours clocked game time. I am abysmal at the game as far as it goes with aiming... I tried to find rookie friendly servers the last time I played but I could only find servers which had huge ping, or ones which had only a couple of people. (I'm in the UK for anyone interested).

Later I will try to find a decent server to play on, as I am having another urge to play NS2 as I would really like to get better at the game as a whole. :)
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 29 @ 11:27am
Posts: 12