It's like a cooperatve turn-based board game like carcassonne but instead of helping each other build things, you:
- Help yourself (or your opponents) destroy their natural resources
- Build armies with said opponent's resources and use them to kill said opponent
- Tactically shape the land to your advantage by destroying all of it
- Build structures (that desrtoy things)
Now for the actual gameplay.
The game features only a few things you can build/do, but the combination of them and the landscape has many tactical possibilities to offer.
- Build armories to make walkers
- Bulld walkers to seize terriroty and kill other walkers
- Build harvesters to strip mine entire chunks of land for money, or use them as an offensive tool to gradually destroy th very land your opponents stand on
- Build cannons to shoot things
- Build carriers to lead aerial strikes over inpassable chasms or just a lot of unclaimed land
buy it, but wait until it goes on sale. (holiday sale anyone?) You'll need friends that own it too, the singleplayer campaign is grindy to say the least. Don't buy it if you hate strategy games. Worth 8-9 U.S. dollars, priced at 10. After all, it truly is...
"Turn based strategy at its finest".