In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!
Most popular community and official content for the past week.
Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.025 Patch Released
- have player refuge always be in player supporters' faction
- apply player kingdom color to refuge, landed ships, quarters
- add player kingdom color change function to camp menu
- ensure NPC in party does not become adventurer
- overhaul duel system, mainly to set opponent properly
- deactivate player kingdom properly, using the script for that (NPCs on mission and prime minister now return)
- fix mission trigger time and make mission reports the priority
- have npc_mission_seek_recognition embassy_results include the other three logical outcomes
- drop missions that have no dialog in case a companion somehow ends up with one
- override prisoner escape chance properly
- rewrite auto-defect trigger
- add cultural considerations to new faction pick
- prevent random event losses for raiding villages during siege when not actually doing so
- remove lovers' system that was making all ladies adulteresses
- use correct title strings for Scots/Irish and fix other inconsistencies and omissions
- fix ask peace dialog
- fix ambiguity in player/faction relations (removes ability to threaten own kingdom's caravans)
- add Mod ID string
- place sound controls in mission templates to make sure loop tracks are killed
- add ambiance to lair interiors
- fix refuge chest
- fix logic of child count dialogs
- fix bard improve relations with lady
- fix behavior of rescued lords
- fix behavior of ambiance neutrals during jailbreak
- fix "hole" in recruit permission dialog when already have it
- move recruit permission update from triggers to script
- player loses permission to recruit in center that gets new owner
- fix fiefs string for lord select for fief
- remove player picture from refuge menu
- fix troop training management
- unset g_encountered_party when it is removed (invalid party bug)
- add proper conditions to Hadrian Wall dialog and kill experience reward exploit
- fix tutorial message for Roman Baths ruins
- adjust pricing formulas (attempt to prevent changes from buying/selling same article)
- disable some monastery options when learning to read (early exit exploit)
- disable scouts (and their loss) at sea
- shut down random events at sea
- exclude non-normal villages from lute search (quest was blocked when village inaccessible)
- allow slaughter of non-quest cattle after cattle delivered
- correct standard bearer report on Camp Menu
- allow only one town recruiting run from whatever menu (recruit picking exploit)
- clean up event_triggered dialogs, particularly for returning party members
- check spiral death cam is finished before attempting to leave scene
- attempt to eliminate sometime corruption of refuge text
- make immersive default ship names
- reinitialize item info (wiped out in someone's save game by unknown cause)
- fix craftsmen names
- test slot_faction_political_issue properly (has two default values, which rendered the system inoperative half the time)
- fix debug message producing false commander mismatches
- fix and improve mutiny duel trigger
- add backstop at automenu trigger to ensure campaign death after mutiny duel loss
- process just one faction at a time
- adjust rate of restorations to about 1/month at end of game
- produce no more than one "Possible Rebellion" message (if no rebellion), and have it escalate with number of walled centers
- remove player-based all-or-nothing phaseout
- make lord defection dependent on current king relation
- make sure faction leader joins resurgent faction
- avoid giving money to undefined troop
- fix the growth of the rebellion, include adventurers
- bring in supporting lords if rebellion threatened (to avoid stranding them if faction is destroyed AGAIN)
- avoid auto-war with player
FAST-TRACKED DURING BETA
- fix dog interference with army orders (order ALL bug)
- fix hire refuge armorer
- allow visit village leader at night from menu
- prohibit battle panel by down player (leading to crazy camera)
- Viking banner textures (fix some white backgrounds)
Mount & Blade: Warband
Am i the only one?
Am i the only one who when i have to collect taxes and the villagers get mad and attack, that after i knock a villager out i pick up its cleaver and slaughter them for attacking me?
Viking Conquest. Cavalry to hunt archers\skirmishes.
Title says it.
I tried Irish bodyguards - got killed by peasants О_о, Frankish are too rare, seen only once per ingame year. Maybe some easier trained cavalry?
Or maybe forget about cavalry at all? Once I used 15 Northmarr Vikingrs group they just massa...
3 hours ago
Which Has a Higher Skill Cap
Hey guys! Me and a couple of people got into a really intresting conversation about which game has the higher skill cap. Warband or Chivalry. I ofcourse felt like Warband had a higher skill cap. I thought this because when I was playing Crpg I felt there ...
Anybody else notice that peasants are very greedy when it comes to keeping their money?
I just encountered this scenario:
1 collection, peasants upset and I decide to tax half, 1 collection, angry peasants attack, 4 collections, angry peasants attack, 2 c...
23 of 23 people (100%) found this review helpful 1 person found this review funny
2,126.6 hrs on record
Posted: September 17
Seems like it has been 3 years since I reviewed this game... Now I have got 2000+ hours in the game (and counting) And I can truly say I have played this game to pieces, not only have I became a melee "god" I have also acomplished many things within the community... Things include:
-Lead a succesful 90 man regiment -Finish 4th in a regimental based tournament -Taught English to many of my friends I have met along my journeys -Participated in many melee tournaments and finished high-up
If you are looking for a game; to play singleplayer, this is your game. If you are looking for a game; to play multiplayer, then you must consider a lot of things. Playing the multiplayer to join in public servers is a waste of time unless you are trying to get good at melee. Joining a clan is certainly the best option you could take, although I would reccommend the Napoleonic Wars DLC for that. The reason why I would ensure this is because you meet lots of people and take part in lots of community hosted events.
Ultimately, there is a lot to achieve in this game if you are willing to give it a go and the time that it deserves and needs.
10/10, seriously best game going around right now.
If the game's soundtrack got a bit repetitive just turn off the music volume in the menu and play some of these in the background. I don't take credit for any of the music, which is great btw.
Enjoy and don't forget to RATE !
What are you waiting for? The game is not gonna buy itself! If you haven't played it yet you should definitely give it a try as it has one of the best combat systems in the gameworld and one of the most sophisticated multiplayers as well. If you haven't seen one naked guy wielding a sword winning against ten foes because of skill so far, then you are going to see it in this game as skill is everyhting needed to success, regardless of your equipment.