[Guide!] to get the game work. -- Issues with Uplay & Error 1 & game freezing.
---If you bought the Gold Edition, Uplay will ask you serial for: "M&M Heroes Shades of Darkness" Use the Gold edition serial for it. ---
If you have more issues with serials:Look this post.
If at lauch game gives you: Error 1
Also works if game freezes at start up. In splash sceen / Logo
I start by saying this. Most of these problems are from Uplay launcher and overlays.
So first we want to reinstall ubisoft launcher.
1) Uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (this can be found via control panel)
2) _This is important_
Ubisoft launcher leaves data on your computer. So we need to go delete it.
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Delete the whole directory. We want all that gone.
3) Go here: Ubisoft Game Launcher Download
download and reinstall ubisoft launcher.
If the link doesn't work for any reason, go here:The-link-to-download-the-UBISOFT-GAME-LAUNCHER-Finally-Forums
4) Close Steam. (make sure steam is really closed, not hidden in toolbar.)
5) Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
-Right click on Uplay.exe
-Go to: "Compatibility" tab
-And select the: "Run as administrator" on.
6) Start Uplay.exe (As steam is closed it should be able to start updating.)
7) After it updated, make account or login.
8) In right corner, there is a "wheel" icon. Click it. Select "Settings"
9) _Untab_/deselect "Enable in-game overlay for supported games."
10) Click save.
11) You can now close Uplay and start Steam.
12) Happy gaming. :)
While starting the game from Steam, it will open Uplay. Remember that you also need to add your game serial (given by Steam) to your Uplay account.
First intro/cutscene seems to be half black for many users.
Fix: Right in this topic
"Cannot connect" problem
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and open hosts with a plaintext editor.
Add entries for the three Ubisoft static servers by adding this to the bottom of the file:
Here's how to make a workaround for this issue:
From ubisoft forums:
If you receive this message and can otherwise connect correctly to the Internet with other programs, please try the following steps:
1) Make sure your Uplay PC client is up-to-date. You might also want to try desinstalling and reinstalling Uplay PC by downloading the latest version from Uplay.com
2) Follow the steps provided in the following Support article to check your firewall, open the needed network ports, check background applications or your "hosts" file:
AC3 Launcher and multiplayer connection issues
Method 2) (seems to work sometimes)
Open the ports TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 13005, 13200, 14000, 14008 in the windows firewall (Find it in control panel)
Then boot up your windows in safe mode with networking, Uplay should now be able to connect.
You only should have to boot up Uplay in safe mode for the first time (so it can update), and then you can run it in normal startup mode.
Can't connect to the CONFLUX
Most of the problems seems to be from firewall or other programs (Peer blocks)
Sadly most of them are running on the background and are hard to find.
Some people have get it to work, if they reinstall Uplay. (See step 1)
I hope this helps.
If nothing seems to work you may try Ubisoft Support: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/