Why i hate Dead Space 3 and why it needs CHANGED
Ok so after playing the Demo, i can just say this. I AM NOT BUYING THIS GAME.
Dont troll me. I played and loved Dead Space 1 and 2. I beat the first one multiple times and the second 2 times. They both are great and beat any other horror game in terms of scares.
However, Dead Space 3 totally ruins what the series had going. The series is horror. This is nothing about horror. Its marketed as horror, but its mostly action. Why dont you look at resident evil? Currently its having an identity crisis. Resident Evil Fans mostly want the old series back with Horror, not action. Action Over Horror IN A HORROR FRANCHISE does not turn out well. Resident Evil 6, ORC and 5 failed due to this. Take a page from the book of Resident Evil Fans. Dont ruin a good series EA just to make a profit.
Now, instead of bashing, i will add some parts i think need improved:
1. The controls were just god awful terrible. Running was impossible because Turning Issac while running is just animated horribly.
2. The Focus on Co Op is just appalling. Horror is about scares. Another reason to see REsident Evil as an example. Notice Resident evil started to fail once they forced players into Co Op play. Re5 was the first. It flopped. REORC was next. It panned. RE6 was next, it flopped as well. The only reason Revelations was good with co op, was although it did that, it purposely went Horror Over Action for the right reasons.
3. Day 1 DLC. 11 of them. Oh god no. So basically, now your cutting half the game apart and turning it into Day 1 DLC? Thats just plain greed. Fans bought the game and deserve to play it all. Not be forced to pay to get more content THATS ALREADY PROBABLY ON THE DISK. What ever happened to UNLOCKING the content on disk? Resident Evil Outbreak as an example had NO DLC but had loads of content on disk that was able to be unlocked. Such as levels, characters, modes and more. All you needed was to rank up scores.
4. The Drill Battle was just plain outrageous. You expect someone to kill the unrealistic loads of Necromorphs entering the room while a drill the size of a plane follows you? I was able to beat it, but not without frustration.
5. Nectromorphs are WAY overpowered. In Dead Space 1 and 2, 3 shots to limbs killed them. This game? Takes a full clip each Enemy.
6. The Demo is only 10 minutes long, but 2GB. Why? You want users to play the demo, but its a GIANT filesize. PSN has slow download speed. My Internet is very fast and it should of been a fast download. This part is NOT EA`s fault of the slow speed, but either way, it took me a few hours to download the demo, only to FINALLY play and find out, i completed it in only 10 minutes.
7. Im not the first and wont be the last. Cut out the origin content. NOBODY wants to use Origin. People dont want MULTIPLE clients to handle games. We want to use the clients we use. Even on console versions your all up in our faces with asking us to sign into origin. No thanks.
So basically, just like with Simcity, EA has ruined ANOTHER great opportunity. I was hyped for both and am fans of both franchises. Until i found out Simcity has Always ON DRM no matter what fans say (Almost all long time simcity fans want the Always on DRM removed). Then next, I see the overly appalling stuff in Dead Space 3. Im sorry Visceral, but EA has ruined your franchise.
Of course, this is my opinion. And dont comment if your gonna be rude and go offtopic. Make this a friendly, level headed conversation.