Dead Space 2 > General Discussions > Topic Details
Prof_Khaos Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:57am
DS3 coming to steam?
Is dead space 3 coming to steam , or is it an Origin exclusive title ?
Last edited by Prof_Khaos; Jan 28, 2013 @ 6:07am
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Nigawatts Jan 29, 2013 @ 12:52am 
Doubt it. EA is still pretty butthurt with Valve. There is no game page for it, and it's been announced for months.
genericSyynx Jan 29, 2013 @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by Nigawatts:
Doubt it. EA is still pretty butthurt with Valve. There is no game page for it, and it's been announced for months.
It has to do with the way steam manages DLC, it's simply not compatable with the way EA incorperates DLC, this is why in Dead Space 2 the Steam version has all the DLC unlocked, while the Origin version doesn't have this glitch. I agree that most of EA's practices are diabolocial at best, but this situation is actually more Steam's fault than anyone else's.

OP: If Steam changed the way it handles DLC it would most likely come to Steam, but that probably won't happen.
Last edited by genericSyynx; Jan 29, 2013 @ 1:00am
Outlawz Jan 30, 2013 @ 5:56am 
^ All the DLCs??? as I recall we didnt get the only ♥♥♥♥ing DLC that was worth it which was Severed and added more story gameplay. I couldnt care less about suit and weapons DLCs.
Hello Stonehenge! Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:42am 
What's EA's problem with the way Steam handles DLC? Tons of Steam games have DLC, what's wrong with the way they do it?

If I had to guess, it's something to do with EA selling DLC that's already built into the game.
Bite Feb 1, 2013 @ 5:26am 
Originally posted by Hello Stonehenge!:
What's EA's problem with the way Steam handles DLC? Tons of Steam games have DLC, what's wrong with the way they do it?

If I had to guess, it's something to do with EA selling DLC that's already built into the game.

Basicly EA likes to sell DLC through the game itself, which skips any third party distributor and EA gets 100% profit from the DLC sales, their system basicly bypass Steam as a whole, cutting them from their share of the DLC, that's why we only got Crysis 2 when all the DLC was released for it, since it had an in-game store that was not related to Steam at all.

As for the DLC for DS2, we got all the suits and guns for free as a compensation for the fact that we wouldn't be getting the Severed DLC on PC.
SuNin Feb 1, 2013 @ 8:14am 
It's definitely EA's fault on this. Any game sold through steam, since forever, has required that people who own the steam version of the game have the option of buying it through Steam. That isn't unreasonable as most people who use Steam seem to enjoy it as a digital outlet. All they have to do is make the DLC available to buy in the Steam store. Also, most of EA's DLC is not sold through the games themselves, it's sold through the EA webpage, not even through Origin, it's ♥♥♥♥in' stupid. You want DLC for Mass Effect 3? Pony up some money for ♥♥♥♥ty as Bioware Points. That is when it's availabe for the PC at all, which the Severed DLC never was.
Bite Feb 1, 2013 @ 9:38am 
Originally posted by SuNin:
It's definitely EA's fault on this. Any game sold through steam, since forever, has required that people who own the steam version of the game have the option of buying it through Steam. That isn't unreasonable as most people who use Steam seem to enjoy it as a digital outlet. All they have to do is make the DLC available to buy in the Steam store. Also, most of EA's DLC is not sold through the games themselves, it's sold through the EA webpage, not even through Origin, it's ♥♥♥♥in' stupid. You want DLC for Mass Effect 3? Pony up some money for ♥♥♥♥ty as Bioware Points. That is when it's availabe for the PC at all, which the Severed DLC never was.

DLC has been sold in-game (or rather out of Steam) for a long time, Steam decided to go against it when they got into the F2P market, the thing is that only EA had issues with this, Bioshock sold it's DLC through GFWL, the Batman games did too, and many others, but that wasn't a problem, the problem is that EA refused to sell it's DLC through Steam even after they changed their DLC politics, and still refuse to do so even now.
im a little fairy Feb 1, 2013 @ 10:56am 
Glad i checked the forum here, i have been wanting to play the dead space games for a while.
But i am not convinced i want to get it when EA is behaving like ♥♥♥♥♥. I dont want that Origin crap on my computer.

Steam is not all glory either, but i am happy with it for the most part. Origin feels intrusive and annoying.
Shadow Gamer Feb 7, 2013 @ 7:56am 
origin only because of the re-purchasable micro-transactions
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:57am
Posts: 9