Future Wars > General Discussions > Topic Details
Brokoli May 20, 2013 @ 3:15pm
Opinions
Whats ur opinon on this game?
Last edited by Brokoli; May 23, 2013 @ 8:17am
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
brshers May 23, 2013 @ 4:54am 
very poor optimization,i feel lag in main menu(your new pc run smoothly is not equal to good optimization)and no widescreen support
Ajay Jun 5, 2013 @ 2:54am 
i feel so bad for this game, its game mechanism is worst then most Nintendo Ds games who based on this kind of game, For a PC version the Animation is so poor iam feeling back when it was 1995 and you had to use your imagination to keep games up.
The only reason i have this game is because it was in a bundle a few weeks ago.
There is no fun in this game, i played the campaign only to see if he bangs the goth girl or if he hopefully will die onto boringness. To tell i was disappointed in both ways.
QuixoticAspect Jun 12, 2013 @ 1:43pm 
To revive this thread with a comparison...
The sale right now is pretty tempting; but the screenshots, and derajay, certainly make the single-player/storyline experience look like rubbish. However! It's the gameplay that counts, and I'm a big fan of the Advance Wars games for gameboy. How does the game itself handle? Is it fun? Is it balanced?
Elostirion Jun 14, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
Well so far... It's not fun. It seems to be unfinished almost, there's not really much it has to offer and even what it does isn't all that great. Hasn't seem cheaply unbalanced yet though. Still, I'm glad I only spent about a dollar for it.
Frikghorgan Jun 15, 2013 @ 1:36am 
The lack of widescreen support is deplorable in this day and age. Also, when playing at 1024x768 (any widescreen monitor that has a max of 1360x768 [720p] has to pick this resolution, or lower) the text is barely legible at best and completely scrambled and impossible to decipher at worst. I will reserve judgement on gameplay until I am able to use a more powerful computer, but I can say that the game is so unoptimized that it is unplayable on my second generation i-5 CPGPU. I have to say that so far, I'm glad this game costs less than a soda...
Last edited by Frikghorgan; Jun 15, 2013 @ 1:37am
Snail Jun 16, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
Officially no, unofficially yes :-) If you edit the "profile.xml" in the folder "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Future Wars\profiles" you can play in any resolution wanted.

Side effect: It crashes when you go into the options ingame as it can't handle the new resolution in the menu. Other than this, ratio aspect should be fine and there are no other known side effects if you edit the file, so you can play without any issues caused by the alteration.

More info here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=928&order=desc&page=2
Miseon Jun 26, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
The game feels kind of empty to me. I've thrown hundreds of hours into Advance Wars, so I was psyched to see a similar game on here. It was kind of disappointing, to put it mildly. My computer isn't great at handling games, but still, the lag alone ruins the game for me. When I want to move up or down on the map, it shouldn't take an extra three seconds for the game to figure it out. I haven't even played far enough to tell you if it's balanced or not. I intend to go back to it eventually, but I've intended to do that for awhile now. If you're bored, the gameplay at least somewhat interests you, and it's on sale for around $1, you could give it a shot and see if it works out for you. Otherwise, stick with Advance Wars.
heit1_32 Jun 28, 2013 @ 5:17pm 
@Misery, this game isn't even worth $1

It should be offered as free as an example of how NOT to make a game like this.
jmnm17 Jul 12, 2013 @ 12:10pm 
Originally posted by heit1_32:
@Misery, this game isn't even worth $1

It should be offered as free as an example of how NOT to make a game like this.

LOL!!! hence why I'm giving it away for free. I got this game on a steam lottery deal on eBay, boy some lottery I hit. This game is a abomination, KILL IT!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!
Last edited by jmnm17; Jul 12, 2013 @ 12:43pm
jmnm17 Jul 12, 2013 @ 12:21pm 
Originally posted by derajay:
i feel so bad for this game, its game mechanism is worst then most Nintendo Ds games who based on this kind of game, For a PC version the Animation is so poor iam feeling back when it was 1995 and you had to use your imagination to keep games up.
The only reason i have this game is because it was in a bundle a few weeks ago.
There is no fun in this game, i played the campaign only to see if he bangs the goth girl or if he hopefully will die onto boringness. To tell i was disappointed in both ways.

LOL!!!! I SERIOUSLY CANNOT STOP LAUGHING!!! I seriously come to this game's community hub just for some good laughs.
Last edited by jmnm17; Jul 12, 2013 @ 12:23pm
Raeynn Dec 26, 2013 @ 4:43pm 
If you want a tile based TBS download Wesnoth, it's free and much better.
Jack_NL Dec 28, 2013 @ 3:45am 
To bad this isnt the real Future Wars (Time Travellers) as I played on the Amiga!!
ohwell back to the Amiga emulator then to play it
Last edited by Jack_NL; Dec 28, 2013 @ 3:52am
Lord Waffles Dec 28, 2013 @ 9:31pm 
I sent a letter to steam support to have this game deleted from my account.
It's embarrassing to play, it's embarrassing to have on my account.

Even free, this game isn't worth the time it takes to scroll bye on my list of games. That's how poor it is.
Espaish Jan 5 @ 7:29am 
I change a coupon of Future Wars -66% :)
Inky_ Jan 7 @ 8:24am 
Originally posted by lordofq:
Well so far... It's not fun. It seems to be unfinished almost, there's not really much it has to offer and even what it does isn't all that great. Hasn't seem cheaply unbalanced yet though. Still, I'm glad I only spent about a dollar for it.
i regret it, and i got it for 35p

Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50