Dark Void Zero
Doc Oct 11, 2013 @ 3:06pm
SecuROM!!
Just bought and found out it has ♥♥♥♥ing securom on it! Are ♥♥♥♥ing kidding me? This little pice of trash? Game is 90mb and you put securom on it? Did it helped? I go check out on torrents, how it "helped" you.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
spookydoom Oct 13, 2013 @ 12:56pm 
I was extremely disappointed to see that as well. I really love old and retro games but SecuROM???? For THIS? No way, Capcom! Uncool! :(
Freddo Oct 19, 2013 @ 10:22am 
Yeah, I'm not buying the game because of this.
megamanfan01 Oct 22, 2013 @ 6:27pm 
Originally posted by Doc:
Just bought and found out it has ♥♥♥♥ing securom on it! Are ♥♥♥♥ing kidding me? This little pice of trash? Game is 90mb and you put securom on it? Did it helped? I go check out on torrents, how it "helped" you.
*piece
Deathfromace Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:47pm 
You people blow things way out of proportion
Nacery Nov 26, 2013 @ 11:55am 
Originally posted by Deathfromace:
You people blow things way out of proportion

They have some right to be mad at securom, for many people its a total dealbreaker, still calling the game crap was a little off because it's actually rather good.
Andrew Dec 23, 2013 @ 6:09am 
I decided not to buy it, thanks. Extra DRM on Steam games is just full retard and not to be supported.
Doc Dec 23, 2013 @ 9:40am 
Originally posted by Andrew:
I decided not to buy it, thanks. Extra DRM on Steam games is just full retard and not to be supported.
Steam not as "bad" drm as it looks, you can play in offline and it also works on "wine" - linux api translator. But SecuROM is the worst♥♥♥♥♥♥you can get its as bad as "hackshield" and other trash from MMO world.
Dakka Jan 17, 2014 @ 10:23am 
sry to be such a noob but what's Securom? and why is it soo bad?
Dakka Jan 17, 2014 @ 10:30am 
ahhh don't answer my first question. i found out. so basically it asks you for an activation code every time you try to play it? correct?
Doc Jan 17, 2014 @ 10:32am 
Originally posted by jayt103:
ahhh don't answer my first question. i found out. so basically it asks you for an activation code every time you try to play it? correct?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM
Dakka Jan 17, 2014 @ 10:35am 
ahh i see. thx. i looked in the UNINSTALL section of my computer settings and there was no SecuROM so dose this mean it is hidden or is it not there. i have the game but if i need to uninstall it to get rid of this piece of crap then i will. what shall i do?????
Doc Jan 18, 2014 @ 12:25am 
Originally posted by jayt103:
ahh i see. thx. i looked in the UNINSTALL section of my computer settings and there was no SecuROM so dose this mean it is hidden or is it not there. i have the game but if i need to uninstall it to get rid of this piece of crap then i will. what shall i do?????
last time i have been messing with this crap was like back in 2005, since then i just avoid it. so i forgot in which folder it stores itself, when i bought and run this game i saw SROM's activation and immediately deleted the game without participating in activation.

i googled "securom uninstall" and they have this support page https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html you might check other webpages, can't tell for sure.
Dakka Jan 18, 2014 @ 12:29am 
Dosn't matter i re set my computer (due to anyway) the game is still in my library but i will not be installing it. thx for the help!
Dakka Jan 18, 2014 @ 12:31am 
Oops one last question. if i activate the code thing that pops up will it install or dose it install as soon as you download the game?
Doc Jan 18, 2014 @ 12:35am 
Originally posted by jayt103:
Oops one last question. if i activate the code thing that pops up will it install or dose it install as soon as you download the game?
do not remember, but the "removal_tool" supposed to show you all SROM related files (according to their support page), so you might check it to be sure.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 15 30 50