Geplaatst: 29 maart
Company Of Heroes 2006
Genre: Rts, Historical
User reviews: 96% positive
A semi-classic genre defining WW2 Real-time-strategy game with a sequal which means its not as active anymore.
My first impressions
I recently got this game for $3.24 and honestly, I don't regret it. I got into the gameplay with the first hour of playing. There are so many play styles and game modes. 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, 1v1 with an assortment of AI difficulties, 60+ Maps, 2 gamemodes and many unique factions to choose from. I chose to do a full tank squad that consisted of 10 tanks that would dominate. The commanders options are pretty cool but get old quite quick.
1. Great gameplay
2. Multiple units to play with
3. Wide varient of maps
7. The graphics have aged well
8. Commander mode (Air/Infantry/Armoured focus modes)
10. Amazing unit strats and commands
1. Crashing is common
2. 16 gig download but 7.6 gig download for the new steam version?
3. Only 2 fractions without dlc
4. Multiplayer is slightly dead
5. Annoying camera controls
6. Strange money system
7. Tedious gameplay that can drag on if something stupid happens
8. Fullscreen is bugged
9. CoH 2 is out and only a bit more expensive ($8 price difference)
10. Tanks dont always follow commands
I love this game due to the amount of maps and units. I personally give it 8.4/10
There is a HL2 mod that is basically a reskin of this game.
Lambda wars, at this time the game is in Beta so it isn't finished obv, alot of things with be getting added such as Vehicles, more units and more factions. So far its combine vs rebels. Also its free!
Its really cool playing from the perspective of a rebel/combine commander from the Hl2 universe.
Also, hl2 being based in the future means more advanced tools such as invisible scanners, headcrab launchers, dark matter cannon, striders and more strange futuristic weaponry/items.
Get it here http://store.steampowered.com/app/270370/