Team Fortress 2
liminal Nov 22, 2012 @ 6:21am
Team Fortress in Linux (sound but no video)
I have downloaded Team Fortress Beta but when I attempt to start a game my screen goes completely blank, but I can hear the sounds of the game is working.

Eventually the game time-out and I end up back in steam
My graphic card is fairly pathetic - can it handle team?

Integrated (Intel® GMA X4500 3D Graphics with up to 384MB Shared Memory)
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
liminal Nov 22, 2012 @ 12:43pm 
anyone else seen this problem or have it working with a (Intel® GMA X4500)?
liminal Nov 22, 2012 @ 2:55pm 
I think this is an OpenGL issue
When I enter a game I can view the overview screen with Shift + Tab but if I actually attempt to view the game screen.. its just black (apart from my mouse pointer)
emkay Dec 9, 2012 @ 6:24am 
Hi i got an Nvidia 9500GT, kubuntu 12.04 + steamlinux beta and after the teamfortress2 launching window pops up i can hear the valveintro sound for one second and after that the game closes itself. :(
Last edited by emkay; Dec 9, 2012 @ 6:27am
cerrigno Dec 20, 2012 @ 2:44pm 
I have the same problem on Ubuntu 12.04 with Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 380 and its integrated GPU.
100best Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:18pm 
Originally posted by liminal:
I think this is an OpenGL issue
When I enter a game I can view the overview screen with Shift + Tab but if I actually attempt to view the game screen.. its just black (apart from my mouse pointer)
i have the same problem
El Presidente Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:31pm 
I have the same problem. Kubuntu 12.10 and Intel GMA 4500. This looks to be a common problem, probably related to divix or something. I hope valve is reading this.
FearlessLake Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
I am also having this problem. I have ati, but I am unsure what model Dell built this with.


And none of these steps work - http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/846938351032713908/
(for me)
Originally posted by funmaker_11:
I have the same problem. Kubuntu 12.10 and Intel GMA 4500. This looks to be a common problem, probably related to divix or something. I hope valve is reading this.


Originally posted by FearlessLake:
I am also having this problem. I have ati, but I am unsure what model Dell built this with.


And none of these steps work - http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/846938351032713908/
(for me)
stop bumping old threads you scrubs
FearlessLake Feb 17, 2013 @ 8:47am 
It was already bumped when I commented.
100best Apr 5, 2013 @ 10:07pm 
Originally posted by Horst:
The bug was fixed. If you still get a black screen update your GPU drivers.

Ubuntu with AMD: http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Quantal_Installation_Guide#Installing_Catalyst_Manually_.28from_AMD.2FATI.27s_site.29
Ubuntu with Nvidia: https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa/+packages?field.name_filter=nvidia&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=quantal
Intel: I don't know anything about it...
This is a Intel problem and it is not fixed
Originally posted by liminal:
I have downloaded Team Fortress Beta but when I attempt to start a game my screen goes completely blank, but I can hear the sounds of the game is working.

Eventually the game time-out and I end up back in steam
My graphic card is fairly pathetic - can it handle team?

Integrated (Intel® GMA X4500 3D Graphics with up to 384MB Shared Memory)
Last edited by 100best; Apr 5, 2013 @ 10:09pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Nov 22, 2012 @ 6:21am
Posts: 11