Mystic Monkey Nov 3, 2012 @ 8:10pm
Missing map problem
I can't seem to play servers with custom maps. I know TF2 automatically download maps I don't have but for some reason when I try to join a server with a custom map, the map takes ages to download eventually ending in "Missing map maps/ctf_custom_example.bsp, disconnecting" message, on some servers sometimes asking if I should blacklist server before this message. It's frustrating and dunno what the cause of this problem and want to play custom maps.

Any help? Also I am set to "Allow all custom files from this server" and Steam is permitted on my firewall.
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
Orange Bitflip Nov 3, 2012 @ 8:37pm 
What's your download speed? If it's too slow or unreliable, a server might stop your download.
Mystic Monkey Nov 4, 2012 @ 9:19am 
Originally posted by Mr. Bitflip (TF2CN):
What's your download speed? If it's too slow or unreliable, a server might stop your download.
It does take ages to download, like a few minutes before quitting on me.
kookeekwisp Nov 11, 2012 @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by Mystic Monkey:
Originally posted by Mr. Bitflip (TF2CN):
What's your download speed? If it's too slow or unreliable, a server might stop your download.
It does take ages to download, like a few minutes before quitting on me.
it takes 3 - 4 seconds for me, and same result
kookeekwisp Nov 11, 2012 @ 9:59pm 
actually nvm, i had "do not allow downloading of custom maps" on. oops XP
Mystic Monkey Nov 12, 2012 @ 10:56am 
Originally posted by kookeekwisp:
actually nvm, i had "do not allow downloading of custom maps" on. oops XP
Oh... well I know that I have "Allow all customs" on. I check and recheck again to see if I have any options ricked which I am unaware of thats causing this problem. I thought it was because of specific maps I can't auto-download but I really can't auto-download any new maps.
Mr.Moostache Dec 9, 2012 @ 8:45am 
Where is that option?
Wanderer(Retired) Dec 9, 2012 @ 8:53am 
Originally posted by BGOTBobbetus:
Where is that option?
In the Advanced Options if I recall.
A Pure Zorua Soul Named Lloyd Dec 9, 2012 @ 9:38am 
go to your library files, and click program files, steam, steam apps, your account name, tf2, maps and what ever map has a error just delete it and go back to the server to redownload it
Last edited by A Pure Zorua Soul Named Lloyd; Dec 9, 2012 @ 9:38am
Mystic Monkey Dec 9, 2012 @ 10:31am 
Originally posted by NukeLand Seigederp456:
go to your library files, and click program files, steam, steam apps, your account name, tf2, maps and what ever map has a error just delete it and go back to the server to redownload it

It's not the maps themselves, it's just I can't auto-download any map from any server with a custom new map.
The Charlie Jan 5, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
i have the same exact problem, and I need to fix it before the highlander season starts. I have no idea what to do!
Mystic Monkey Jan 5, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
Originally posted by PL | garthec:
i have the same exact problem, and I need to fix it before the highlander season starts. I have no idea what to do!
The only suggestion I can advice is to get rid of Source SDK and reset the computer. I dunno how to have the best of both.
12 31324 tsdfsdg funkkolj Feb 4, 2013 @ 2:08pm 
When i try to join this unuusal trade server is says Missing map "then the map name" ... disconecting please add me and tell me how to fix!
Mystic Monkey Feb 4, 2013 @ 3:34pm 
Originally posted by US • KramEye™ TϟR:
When i try to join this unuusal trade server is says Missing map "then the map name" ... disconecting please add me and tell me how to fix!

Do you have Source SDK for making maps? Do you have problems with joining servers with new maps? I would like to get into the map making business for TF2 but I can't enjoy new maps on TF2 with Source SDK.
I Get Punani Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:27am 
Originally posted by Seigederp456:
go to your library files, and click program files, steam, steam apps, your account name, tf2, maps and what ever map has a error just delete it and go back to the server to redownload it
thank you so much :D
Kvartover Apr 22, 2013 @ 7:31am 
i have the same problem too
Showing 1-15 of 36 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50