CrowRising Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:07pm
It's too easy for underaged kids to get into the game?
Kids have been playing TF2 without consulting their parents for years, and it is causing them to grow up thinking guns blood and swear words are ok. Shouldn't it be up to parents if their child can play TF2, rather than the kid just downloading for free without consulting them or a test of age? I feel as if the TF2 store page should have a filter so only users of the age 17 and over can view it. I know it wouldn't stop them or remove the ones already in, but it would at least slow them down and help a few parents out with what their children play behind their backs.
Showing 1-15 of 829 comments
< >
Crusher Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:10pm 
What are underaged kids?
JunkSt✮r Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:13pm 
Show me a swear word in TF2.
CrowRising Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:15pm 
Originally posted by Crusher:
What are underaged kids?
Kids that by legal standards are too young to play the game in question. E means anyone can play, E10 means people of the age of 10 and over can play, T means people 13 and over, and finally M means 17 or 18 and over, depending on the severity. TF2 is rated M, but is flooded with 9 year olds.
CrowRising Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:16pm 
Originally posted by ✖Cpt. Junk✖:
Show me a swear word in TF2.
Engineer: "Damn dag namit damnit!" Scout: "You bald fat ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!" Scout again: "Get on the point dumbass!" Need I say more?
I like TURTLES! Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:17pm 
I'm 16 and play TF2 but we have different ratings in the UK, TF2 would be classed as a 15 here.. M is 17/18 in the US..
TF2 is a lot better/safer then CoD where you have more realistic stuff, TF2 is mostly funny/for fun and not taken that seriously, i hardly ever hear people swearing etc over mic and have never seen it in any of the TF2 documentation.
Dime Jr. Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:19pm 
What ever
CrowRising Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by I like TURTLES!:
I'm 16 and play TF2 but we have different ratings in the UK, TF2 would be classed as a 15 here.. M is 17/18 in the US..
TF2 is a lot better/safer then CoD where you have more realistic stuff, TF2 is mostly funny/for fun and not taken that seriously, i hardly ever hear people swearing etc over mic and have never seen it in any of the TF2 documentation.
It's not only swearing, its violence and humor involving bloodshed. Should kids really be playing a game where someone exploads into a bloody mess then the demoman jokes about them being glued back together in hell?
zEaK47 Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:20pm 
i agree with you
Crusher Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:24pm 
I don't.
CrowRising Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by Crusher:
I don't.
You are entitled to your opinion.
Crusher Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:28pm 
Well I personally think it should be entirely up to the parents to decide whether their children can play a game or not. There should be no restriction by the company or the government in that aspect.

I don't have problems with 9 year old players screaming into the mic, no I actually find it pretty entertaining.
Last edited by Crusher; Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:28pm
Jackal_Splicer Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:29pm 
I do agree, some kids are not psychologically prepaired to play these types of games. My parents didn't allow me to play any games till they properly taught me that it is just a video game such as a book is a book and a movie is just a movie.
CrowRising Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:30pm 
Originally posted by Crusher:
Well I personally think it should be entirely up to the parents to decide whether their children can play a game or not. There should be no restriction by the company or the government in that aspect.

No don't have problems with 9 year old players screaming into the mic, no I actually find it pretty entertaining.
Yes, and the parental issue is entirely my point. The resrictions would allow the parent to know that their kid wanted to play the game, and make their own judgement if the child should. Without such restrictions, the child in question can download the game without ever telling their parent given that the game in question, in this case TF2, is free to play.
CrowRising Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by Sekhmet~:
I do agree, some kids are not psychologically prepaired to play these types of games. My parents didn't allow me to play any games till they properly taught me that it is just a video game such as a book is a book and a movie is just a movie.
Sounds like you have some pretty decent parents. They care about how you grow up.
♎ Tereze Pyrope ♎ Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:33pm 
I 'd say that I find swearing with people who have a mic then in the game don't get me wrong i know they swear even worse is that pmd2lolz pointed out the most occuring ones there a re less occuring lines like dominating a class and some I know involve the B word.
Showing 1-15 of 829 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 19, 2012 @ 1:07pm
Posts: 829