MuddaBacon Mar 7, 2013 @ 3:54am
Every time I join a server, TF2 freezes
Every time I join a server, TF2 freezes all the time! I'm used to it, but it's getting really annoying now and I need to find a way to stop TF2 from freezing. Any ideas?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Sayori M.D. Mar 7, 2013 @ 4:39am 
Not sure if that's your case but what makes my game crash is that nasty intro video. Try to skip it as soon as you see the button.
Btw it's a new thing, I didn't have the issue before.
The Sightless Scopesman Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:05am 
Do you mean that TF2 stops responding for a while, making it take at least twice as long to join a server? I get that in TF2 and Gmod, and it is quite annoying.
Major Havoc Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:08am 
I have been getting a crash after every MvM Boot Camp mission crashes and it is time to load up a new one, but now I don't even get an error message. But I have to wonder if it is not that pinion ad bug.
Angel Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:28am 
Maybe your internet connection speed, computer, or both are slow.
girdurloins Mar 7, 2013 @ 9:41am 
defrag game and verify integrity of files
MuddaBacon Mar 7, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by Walter:
Maybe your internet connection speed, computer, or both are slow.
My internet connection is fine. There's nothing wrong with it
MuddaBacon Mar 7, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by Enigmantic:
defrag game and verify integrity of files
How do I do that?
girdurloins Mar 7, 2013 @ 5:06pm 
Originally posted by ҾƌŵдЯᶁ ĦϘ:
Originally posted by Enigmantic:
defrag game and verify integrity of files
How do I do that?
To defrag:
-From the Library, right-click on the game you would like to defragment and select Properties
-In the Properties window select the Local Files tab
-Click the Defragment cache files button
-Once the defragmentation process has completed, you will be presented with a report detailing the extent of fragmentation

To verify:
-From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
-Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
MuddaBacon Mar 7, 2013 @ 7:03pm 
Originally posted by Enigmantic:
Originally posted by ҾƌŵдЯᶁ ĦϘ:
How do I do that?
To defrag:
-From the Library, right-click on the game you would like to defragment and select Properties
-In the Properties window select the Local Files tab
-Click the Defragment cache files button
-Once the defragmentation process has completed, you will be presented with a report detailing the extent of fragmentation

To verify:
-From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
-Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
D: Still freezes
Kekau Mar 9, 2013 @ 5:51pm 
Try going onto Advanced options and tick the Disable MOTD's. It worked for me.
MuddaBacon Mar 9, 2013 @ 7:14pm 
Originally posted by TheyAreNowDiamonds:
Try going onto Advanced options and tick the Disable MOTD's. It worked for me.
What are the side effects of doing that? I heard there were.
ded Feb 17, 2014 @ 12:04pm 
Originally posted by MuddaBacon:
Originally posted by TheyAreNowDiamonds:
Try going onto Advanced options and tick the Disable MOTD's. It worked for me.
What are the side effects of doing that? I heard there were.

If the server has FragRadio,You wont be able to hear any songs.
Other than that,I didnt see any other downside.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2013 @ 3:54am
Posts: 12