Team Fortress 2
KiF | Minty Feb 22, 2013 @ 7:02pm
Spy knife idea: The Paper-Cut
So I don't know if this idea was already taken, but here goes.

Basically it's a paper knife. Once you backstab an enemy it turns into an "origami" version of the class' default melee weapon. This is just cosmetic, no effects. Oh, and it turns your victim into paper upon backstab.

Pros
+15 health on wearer
Victims turn into Origami
On normal hit: Bleed for 2 seconds

Cons
Normal hits do -50% damage
+30% more damage received from fire ignition and afterburn

That's pretty much it. Thought it'd be cool.
Last edited by KiF | Minty; Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:44pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Ribbon Feb 22, 2013 @ 7:04pm 
Sounds a bit over powered. I'd be fine if it could only insta-kill on backstab like other knifes, or remove that 20% increse in speed.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea, though~
KiF | Minty Feb 22, 2013 @ 7:07pm 
Originally posted by Ribbon:
Sounds a bit over powered. I'd be fine if it could only insta-kill on backstab like other knifes, or remove that 20% increse in speed.

Sounds like a pretty cool idea, though~

Yeah. At the moment I thought the class limit was enough. The origami meele wep could just be cosmetic. Gonna edit that.
Nice ideas; I like it :) .
sdk Feb 22, 2013 @ 8:20pm 
Cool ideas. I am making am "origami" Hat and then I am going to get into weapons. Add me as a friend. Cheers.
okay i don't know how this would work out because i can't test it ingame but here's my idea okay i think you can get the idea pretty clearly okay

the watermelon
level 5 knife
it's a watermelon why don't you want to stab people with a watermelon ya dingus
makes enemies explode on kill
explosions provide more gore than logically possible

alright please give me feedback
Sentient_Toaster Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:10am 
Bleed on miss is a fairly extreme downside for a spy (since it negates your cloak against aware players...) and +10% speed is a massive upside (notably, it's a higher sustained speed than anybody but a non-BFB-slowed Scout or Gas Jockey pyro).

Cloak on kill is also fairly strong for Engineer and Medic picks for obvious reasons.
It could be a re-skin of the spy-cicle... Same 'specs' as it but instead of ice... Paper...
KiF | Minty Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
Originally posted by DBodz ♫♫:
It could be a re-skin of the spy-cicle... Same 'specs' as it but instead of ice... Paper...

Pretty much.
Last edited by KiF | Minty; Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:17pm
KiF | Minty Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:25pm 
Originally posted by Sentient_Toaster:
Bleed on miss is a fairly extreme downside for a spy (since it negates your cloak against aware players...) and +10% speed is a massive upside (notably, it's a higher sustained speed than anybody but a non-BFB-slowed Scout or Gas Jockey pyro).

Cloak on kill is also fairly strong for Engineer and Medic picks for obvious reasons.

Well with all those upsides there has to be a challenge (bleeding). Pretty much have to be a pro backstabber to use this. Also makes you have to use your revolver if seen (for me at least since I miss a lot and spam the melee attack when someone busts out their frying pan...) Might remove the speed increase.
Pros
instant kill upon backstab.
15% more health on wearer
victims turn into origami shapes.
Cons
Facestabs do -50% less (paper)
-25% more fire damage (paper ignition)
anything else
Last edited by SharkWithALaserBeam; Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:40pm
Originally posted by Horsedick.MPEG:
okay i don't know how this would work out because i can't test it ingame but here's my idea okay i think you can get the idea pretty clearly okay

the watermelon
level 5 knife
it's a watermelon why don't you want to stab people with a watermelon ya dingus
makes enemies explode on kill
explosions provide more gore than logically possible

alright please give me feedback
Needs no random crits.
patsani Feb 23, 2013 @ 3:57pm 
How about:

Pros
+15 health on wearer
Victims turn into Origami
On normal hit: Bleed for 2 seconds

Cons
Normal hits do -50% damage
+30% more damage received from fire ignition and afterburn

How's that sound?
Originally posted by The Crit-Magnet Brony:
How about:

Pros
+15 health on wearer
Victims turn into Origami
On normal hit: Bleed for 2 seconds

Cons
Normal hits do -50% damage
+30% more damage received from fire ignition and afterburn

How's that sound?
sounds way better. needs a desc.
BlaqkAudio Feb 23, 2013 @ 4:38pm 
Originally posted by The Crit-Magnet Brony:
How about:

Pros
+15 health on wearer
Victims turn into Origami
On normal hit: Bleed for 2 seconds

Cons
Normal hits do -50% damage
+30% more damage received from fire ignition and afterburn

How's that sound?
^This
Doomgooey Feb 23, 2013 @ 5:02pm 
Well, its better than most ideas in this area. It would be interesting to see how it turns out.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 22, 2013 @ 7:02pm
Posts: 19